P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

11 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Dad died in 1991 and mum 1993. I still  miss them every day, but the tears now come less often.

Thinking of you both today as you remember all those happy times together. x

Avril 

I hope this time it finally posts. 

Thank you Avril.

That is a long time but we never forget them.

November 2011 mam and March 2012 for dad.

Paulines dad died July 2008.

Graham.

• Like 1

Well, yesterdays "I'm out of practice" (due to the accident) lunch for family and other halves went brilliantly.  I was determined not to stress.  I just poodled along with it all.  We had fun preparing and were in hysterics when I told OH to lift the whisk up when doing the cream before he broke the bottom of the basin.  He did and was covered in cream as was the wall, counter and microwave 🤣I forgot to say turn it off first.

We gave them fizz when they arrived and the meal was great, but next time I'll make three Mars trifles instead of two!  We laughed for at least two hours.. mostly at my expense! 

Obviously by the time we finished the room/tables were a mess.  The best thing ever,  was when my daughter said "One two three go" and they all six of them went into action putting furniture back, clearing up and in five minutes it was all done.  We were ordered to watch!

It was great fun and better than any tonic/pills.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

Well, yesterdays "I'm out of practice" (due to the accident) lunch for family and other halves went brilliantly.  I was determined not to stress.  I just poodled along with it all.  We had fun preparing and were in hysterics when I told OH to lift the whisk up when doing the cream before he broke the bottom of the basin.  He did and was covered in cream as was the wall, counter and microwave 🤣I forgot to say turn it off first.

We gave them fizz when they arrived and the meal was great, but next time I'll make three Mars trifles instead of two!  We laughed for at least two hours.. mostly at my expense! 

Obviously by the time we finished the room/tables were a mess.  The best thing ever,  was when my daughter said "One two three go" and they all six of them went into action putting furniture back, clearing up and in five minutes it was all done.  We were ordered to watch!

It was great fun and better than any tonic/pills.

It sounds like you had a great time. Laughter is  definitely the best medicine. The incident with the mixer has happened to me too. Everyone went silent and just stared at me waiting to see how I'd react. When the shock wore off I laughed so much I could hardly breathe. Needless to say, I've never been able to live it down. 

Can I ask, what is a Mars trifle, it sounds lovely and my sweet tooth is twitching😋

Avril

17 hours ago, wowzz said:

I do think you need to read the reviews before you book a MSC cruise. However,  if you can afford it, the Yacht Club is meant to be fantastic.  

Sometimes Wowzz a review says more about the reviewer. I'm sure you agree.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

So pleased I can post on my laptop again, the phone screen was driving me nuts. What is it with this website recently??

Avril

Other than my photos floating in space sis,I've not had any problems,bro.

1 minute ago, brian1 said:

Other than my photos floating in space sis,I've not had any problems,bro.

There have a few that have been having problems recently bro. Not being able to post,quote or like, but it works on the phone. Most strange🙃

Sis

29 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

There have a few that have been having problems recently bro. Not being able to post,quote or like, but it works on the phone. Most strange🙃

Sis

You could try Brian's trick. Hold the phone upside down when you take a photo 🤣

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Can I ask, what is a Mars trifle, it sounds lovely and my sweet tooth is twitching😋

mmmmmm  my lot say they wont visit if they don't get one, and I have to take one if I go to their houses too.

Very simple..sorry but I dont measure much, 

Put 1 and three quarters of Mars bars chopped in a saucepan with about 3 or 4 tablespoons of milk and heat gently, stir, it needs to be runny but leave some unmelted bits in. Add a bit more milk if you want. It only needs to be warmed to melt the Mars.

Put some sponge broken up into the dish.   I buy those packets of fairy cakes.

Spoon the Mars roughly over the sponges,  its best to leave some bits uncovered.  You can drizzle some down the edges to the bottom if liked. Cool.

Pour over some custard.  Then some whipped cream or Elmlea over.

Fluff up and grate a bit of remaining Mars over for decoration...Eat whats left!😋

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 6

51 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

mmmmmm  my lot say they wont visit if they don't get one, and I have to take one if I go to their houses too.

Put 1 and three quarters of Mars bars chopped in a saucepan with about 3 or 4 tablespoons of milk and heat gently, stir, it needs to be runny but leave some unmelted bits in. Add a bit more milk if you want. It only needs to be warmed to melt the Mars.

Spoon the Mars roughly over the sponges,  its best to leave some bits uncovered.  You can drizzle some down the edges to the bottom if liked. Cool.

Fluff up and grate a bit of remaining Mars over for decoration...Eat whats left!😋

I’ve taken a screen shot. Sounds lovely!

It’s only Monday, but a lot gone on today of sorts

1. Tree Surgeons rescheduled for tomorrow to cut back our overgrown hawthorn & holly hedge, a prickly task for them tomorrow, they had a cancellation a few doors away and offered to bring forward our appointment from next week.

2. Finally we have the new gates available for front of drive, due to fitted in November, this is the 4th Date, but builder has them in his store at last.

3. GP Practice sent invite for Booster Jab, booked for first week in November

4. Also email from Practice saying they will be contacting us soon the Flu jab, doesn’t appear we will be getting both together 

5. Won £100 in a Prize Draw.

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Thank you, I've taken a screen shot. I make a similar topping to pour over ice cream , but with less milk and some chopped nuts. It sets into a lovely gooey crust when it hits the cold ice cream. 

Avril

I have been indulgent today and ordered Sky Glass. Lounge TV is getting old so a brand new all singing TV seems too good to miss. Not everyones taste but I am looking forward to watching in UHD and with better sound.  Delivered Thursday, in time for the USA Grand Prix.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, bobstheboy said:

I have been indulgent today and ordered Sky Glass. Lounge TV is getting old so a brand new all singing TV seems too good to miss. Not everyones taste but I am looking forward to watching in UHD and with better sound.  Delivered Thursday, in time for the USA Grand Prix.

I'm envious, please let us have a full review once you have it up and running.

Just one thought, will your TV  programmes run 2-3 minutes late, just like SkyGo does?

5 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Zap can I ask about your recent flight. Were you allowed to take your mask off while eating and drinking or was it a sip and replace policy?. Thanks.

Sip and replace. All obeyed the rules apart from somebody who thought his face shield was ok. He was about 85, so I don't think the cabin crew had the heart to throw him out.🤣

On our recent Ryanair flights we just took off our masks during the whole meal process and replaced them when finished.Nothing was mentioned about trying to wear masks between mouthfuls.Sounds like a recipe for choking to death to me,lol.

11 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Sounds better than the Glasgow chippie recipe.

• Like 1

Morning ,hope everyone is ok today:classic_smile: I hope Bob has many a happy hour with his new Sky Glass tv. We bought a new LG only last year and if the Sky tv had come out earlier I think I would have been looking at that one too.  Our latest purchase as been mobile phones which we bought outright . Mrs Kalos bought hers a few weeks ago ,it's a Galaxy A32 and seems a decent phone for the money.

I thought I would upgrade as well and make my old Nokia phone redundant which was tiny compared to the new phone . I have stuck to my old PAYG Text and Web plan and switched the data off ,so same as my old phone I have no charges . Hardest thing was having to take it up to Meadow-hell to let the O2 guys set it up for me . Isn't technology wonderful ? The phone has just let me know it's raining , which is spot on as it's bouncing off the windows at the moment .:classic_unsure: So It's another day indoors for me and whatever your up to ,have a nice day and stay safe everyone .:classic_smile::classic_love:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 8