P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline got a letter yesterday.from the NHS asking her to take part.

I agreed to do the test and was sent the test pack within a week, it's easy to do if you don't mind the sight of your own blood.

You can send the results online.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Oh dear , it must be that time of year, I hope your daughter also comes back negative result

and also feels better real soon .

Yesterday was a bit of an odd one for me, I got up feeling fine walked into our bathroom

and Wham ! In a split second my head felt washed out and sweat was just pouring out of 

my head and felt sick as a dog . I had to shout Mrs K to come help me to my bed.

That's is where I stayed for the day to say I felt crap was an understatement and all I did was sleep.

I had a quick look at this site but apart from clicking the odd like that was me done for the day.

Today thankfully I feel a lot better and am up and about and have ate this morning.

Looking at the time Graham should be looking like Black Adder and i hope all goes well for him.

images.jpg.027249cc8c0dd67df100fb1beecb490c.jpgGood luck & keep safe :classic_smile:

Hope you are feeling better this morning Kalos.

If you continue to be unwell don't hesitate to get a test or order a home test.

Graham

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

I agreed to do the test and was sent the test pack within a week, it's easy to do if you don't mind the sight of your own blood.

You can send the results online.

What is involved in this test?

Is it a pin ***** test like people do for diabetes?

Thanks Graham.

1 hour ago, Bloodaxe said:

Has a a anybody else been asked been asked to take part in a test for  antibodies.

I was selected at random to do a test mailed to me a few weeks ago has part of a national survey, my result was negative I had no antibodies to the vjrus.

Our friend tested positive for antibodies a few weeks ago.She and her husband were due to come round ours for dinner way back in Jan but they went down with the" flu" and had to cancel.She is mid 60s and he is early 70s both quite overweight with underlying issues but were not even hospitalised.So proves that these factors are not an automatic death sentence.Cheers,Brian.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Josy.

I have had the test now and back home.

The testing site was 2 minutes drive from home.

It was quite busy but exceptionally well organised and I was out within 10 minutes.

15 seconds swab around the back of my throat caused me to gag a little.

Same swab 15 seconds up the nose was not to bad but slightly painful.

Just have to wait for the results now which they said would be within 72 hours.

Surprised the test wasn't as bad as I feared.

Graham.

I’m just catching up Graham, sorry to hear you are poorly. How are you feeling now, has the fever gone down at all? 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

What is involved in this test?

Is it a pin ***** test like people do for diabetes?

Thanks Graham.

Yes the kit includes a plunger to ***** your finger, similar to what they use if you have ever given blood has a donor, you then drop some into the test area, and some developer liquid to another part, the results show has coloured lines in minutes.

I guess we should not use the word ***** but surely we could in this case

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Yes the kit includes a plunger to ***** your finger, similar to what they use if you have ever given blood has a donor, you then drop some bloke into the test area, and some developer liquid to another part, the results show has coloured lines in minutes.

Thank you.

46 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Hope you are feeling better this morning Kalos.

If you continue to be unwell don't hesitate to get a test or order a home test.

Graham

Cheers Graham ,feeling fine this morning , personally I think it was the old ticker just 

reminding me all is not  well and who is boss.

The symptoms were exactly the same as when I was in hospital but with no pain this time,

just a sickly feeling instead

I do have my own BP monitor and all readings seemed well so thought it best to sleep it off.

Today had a run in the car just to get some fresh air and just had a light lunch when back home.

Whatever it was I'm glad It's gone and I feel a lot better, thanks for asking and good luck with 

your result when you get it.

Edited by kalos
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I’m just catching up Graham, sorry to hear you are poorly. How are you feeling now, has the fever gone down at all? 

Thank you Eglesbrech.

Been in house since last Friday feeling unwell.

Last night I had a fever so we rang 119 this morning and I had my covid19 test at 10am 

I feel a lot better this morning so 🤞

Graham.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Is it just me that thinks this is getting a bit silly now? Our diverese language has many words which mean entirely different things depending in what context they are being used. There have been some pictures posted on here with words that would make a miner blush. Well not a miner really, but you know what I mean😁, and they've been left. Why????  

Avril

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Is it just me that thinks this is getting a bit silly now? Our diverese language has many words which mean entirely different things depending in what context they are being used. There have been some pictures posted on here with words that would make a miner blush. Well not a miner really, but you know what I mean😁, and they've been left. Why????  

Avril

Yes while I don’t think we should use language that offends anyone it’s hard to keep up with what is and is not PC or has a modern double meaning.

• Like 2

Just been reading the latest Covid death rates and how if we were to send all our loved ones

who have sadly passed to the football ground in Sunderland it would fill each and every seat there .

Infact over a thousand of those deaths would be turned away as the is no seat for them .

Even if they brought out a vaccine next week we would still have to take care as we have 

a long way to go yet to stop this virus.

Just looking at all those empty seats ,we have to do our bit and keep safe..

Take care and stay safe everyone !

https://www.safc.com/club/stadium-of-light

(double click play ▶️  to see ground )

Edited by kalos
  • Like 6

15 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Yes while I don’t think we should use language that offends anyone it’s hard to keep up with what is and is not PC or has a modern double meaning.

I agree, as I have always thought that if someone needs to use offensive language to get their point across then they must have a small mind and a very limited vocabulary. PC is one person's opinion as to what is correct, and not what  actually is correct. If someones sees the word p**** as anything other than how it is intended when used in conjunction with finger and test, don't understand the the vagaries of our diverse language.

Avril

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Cheers Graham ,feeling fine this morning , personally I think it was the old ticker just 

reminding me all is not  well and who is boss.

The symptoms were exactly the same as when I was in hospital but with no pain this time,

just a sickly feeling instead

I do have my own BP monitor and all readings seemed well so thought it best to sleep it off.

Today had a run in the car just to get some fresh air and just had a light lunch when back home.

Whatever it was I'm glad It's gone and I feel a lot better, thanks for asking and good luck with 

your result when you get it.

Thanks Kalos and I'm pleased you are a lot better today.

Maybe worth chasing up your heart treatment plan as we keep getting told other NHS services are available even with Covid19.

Graham

Edited by grapau27
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Just popping out for a ***, as waynetta would say,🤣

Edited by zap99
Added
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bloodaxe said:

Yes the kit includes a plunger to ***** your finger, similar to what they use if you have ever given blood has a donor, you then drop some into the test area, and some developer liquid to another part, the results show has coloured lines in minutes.

I told Pauline and she said her letter was requesting the swab tests for survey.

21 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I agree, as I have always thought that if someone needs to use offensive language to get their point across then they must have a small mind and a very limited vocabulary. PC is one person's opinion as to what is correct, and not what  actually is correct. If someones sees the word p**** as anything other than how it is intended when used in conjunction with finger and test, don't understand the the vagaries of our diverse language.

Avril

Indiscriminate blocking software, Avril. They used to have problems with the word Scunthorpe, but hopefully that one’s been filtered out of the blocking now. I’ll find out shortly......it’s not a word I often use!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Indiscriminate blocking software, Avril. They used to have problems with the word Scunthorpe, but hopefully that one’s been filtered out of the blocking now. I’ll find out shortly......it’s not a word I often use!

Well it's needs updating if it allows words that would never leave my mouth,  but blocks words like p****. It's laughable and unbelievable!!!

Avril

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

As part of the vaccine trial, we had to do a test at the first appointment, I posted mine on the way home and got the result by text the next day, hopefully your daughter will get her result as quickly to put her mind at rest, she must be very worried.

They have to be posted in designated NHS post boxes for some reason.

I think the designated post boxes are priority ones. They have a sticker on them to tell you although the one I used for my first vaccine trial test only had a small portion of the sticker remaining ☹️. Tests in ordinary boxes will be sent but could possibly be delayed.

I hope everybody on here who need a test shows a negative result and feel better soon.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

Well it's needs updating if it allows words that would never leave my mouth,  but blocks words like p****. It's laughable and unbelievable!!!

Avril

Just out of curiosity, Avril, let’s see what happens to this:

I was eating my lunch and decided to ***** a sausage with my fork. A fork is the ideal implement to ***** with.  

The doctor said before the injection it was just a little *****. 

He had to repeat the word several times because of the noise outside:

“*****, *****, *****, *****, *****“

Odd chap.

1 minute ago, Harry Peterson said:

Just out of curiosity, Avril, let’s see what happens to this:

I was eating my lunch and decided to ***** a sausage with my fork. A fork is the ideal implement to ***** with.  

The doctor said before the injection it was just a little *****. 

He had to repeat the word several times because of the noise outside:

“*****, *****, *****, *****, *****“

Odd chap.

Is it just me, or does that actually sound a lot worse now?!!!  😇

• Haha 4