Juneau Harbor Webcam

SJSULIBRARIAN

In the midst of all this chaos, I find it quite soothing to visit the Juneau Harbor Webcam especially when it is doing the panoramic view. Today is  quite lovely up there. Unfortunately, we will probably not visit Juneau this year. I have had to cancel one cruise to Alaska already and will probably cancel the other one. But, it still is a beautiful view.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

In the midst of all this chaos, I find it quite soothing to visit the Juneau Harbor Webcam especially when it is doing the panoramic view. Today is  quite lovely up there. Unfortunately, we will probably not visit Juneau this year. I have had to cancel one cruise to Alaska already and will probably cancel the other one. But, it still is a beautiful view.

I also click onto this webcam often.  Having family living in Alaska helps to remind me to do so.  I enjoy the views that the webcam supplies and have been surprised at the lack of snow that I have seen in Juneau this year.

The camera is situated just above the restaurant where I enjoyed the very best halibut and chips I have every eaten last Summer.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Schlepporello said:

Wow! I like that web cam a lot better than the one on Krooozecam.com.

Is that a 4 valve miraphone tuba I see? (You don't have to say anything)

Edited by ShipWalker

4 minutes ago, ShipWalker said:

Why yes, yes it is! It's the old 187 that I used to have. about a year and a half ago, I sold it to a fellow tuba player in Kentucky so I could justify having bought a Miraphone 496 "Hagen". It was also a 4-valve BBb. A 5-valve was available, but I barely know how to use the 4th valve. I don't need to be figuring out a 5th valve.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ShipWalker said:

Talk about the most unusual thread-drift that I have seen. 😄👌 Anyway, I am also a Juneau Harbour webcam aficionado. Even if they spell it “Harbor”. 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Cruise4food said:

Talk about the most unusual thread-drift that I have seen. 😄👌 Anyway, I am also a Juneau Harbour webcam aficionado. Even if they spell it “Harbor”. 

My apologies. I didn't intend to go off-topic.

You have to admit though, that really is a great web cam.

• 3 weeks later...

This brings back many happy memories.  I have docked here so many times beginning in June of 1997. I feel for the good people of Juneau, many of whom depend on the cruise ships for their livelihood.