Cunard Cruisers - How are things where you are ?

Host Hattie

It looks like fall is here with sprinkles and leaves changing colors. The paper is read, 2 cups of coffee have been consumed. It is time to go make final choices on clothes and luggage for our cruise as we fly out tomorrow. DH hasn’t begun to pack.😉 We have narrowed it down to 3 possible 2025 Mediterranean cruises and of course QV is one of them. Everyone have a good week.

• Like 2

Good News. The Banyan tree in Lahaina Maui which was potentially killed by the fire, has begun to put on new leaves. It will be a while before it is known that the total tree with it's 50 plus trunks has completely survived, but this is a great start. 

Edited by Bigmike911
  • Like 8

6 hours ago, Bigmike911 said:

Good News. The Banyan tree in Lahaina Maui which was potentially killed by the fire, has begun to put on new leaves. It will be a while before it is known that the total tree with it's 50 plus trunks has completely survived, but this is a great start. 

There are photos of it in our Honolulu newspaper frequently and it's a joy to see green life.  So much care and respect is being given to it. ~ Tomorrow owners / renters of property on certain streets in Lahaina will be allowed to go to their former places to see what it looks like.  They are requited to wear full, head to toe outfits over their regular clothes and face because there is so much toxic dust, air, dirt, etc. all over.  Wear it once and it gets thrown away.  People can spend as much time as they want.  In future days people who lived on different streets get to go inspect their places.  There is very little left anywhere. 60 mile an hour winds blew the fire through the whole town very rapidly. A charming old town by the sea, Hawaii's very first capital, turned to ashes.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

At some point I wrote that I found the bread rolls boring. I wasn't suggesting for a minute that Cunard should improve their roll offering. I wouldn't choose a cruise line on the basis of what the rolls were like.

Just that the bread we buy here tastes so different from what we've tasted anywhere else. We eat something a bit less flavoursome on a daily basis, but this comes from a local artisan bakery.

As with all the bread we eat here they don't add anything to preserve it so you need to eat it on day of purchase or slice and freeze it as we do.

IMG_20231011_213200594.thumb.jpg.440f30a72b7cefe2d4860d3da5dd3836.jpgIMG_20231011_213818853.thumb.jpg.8264054814cefa37d2496ebb4b544c9d.jpg

• Like 1

Just booked the QE 6/21/2024 Alaska voyage. We’re sailing in PG for my big 6-0 that week. 
I’m not a fan of a port intensive cruise so the two days at sea and the two “cruise-by” days make the trip more laid back, just to my liking. Being in Juneau just sounds like something we don’t do every day!

• Like 4

I’ve put the central heating on this morning for the first time this autumn - the temperature in the bedroom had dipped below 18 degrees which is my trigger for hitting the switch….

We had a week in Cornwall at the end of September - weather was a bit mixed - but it doesn’t spoil the photo opportunities. 

IMG_3616.jpeg

aadea832-17b8-4374-bb1a-08eddfa40280.jpeg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Kynance said:

I’ve put the central heating on this morning for the first time this autumn - the temperature in the bedroom had dipped below 18 degrees which is my trigger for hitting the switch….

We had a week in Cornwall at the end of September - weather was a bit mixed - but it doesn’t spoil the photo opportunities. 

It was 3 Deg C here this morning (NE Scotland ) and it is currently a balmy 10C !   

The forecast is snow in the higher ground.

Out heating has been on most nights now for at least a week. 

Summer has now well and truly departed. Well,....for us anyway. 

BTW, lovely photos and thank you for sharing.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Kynance said:

IMG_3616.jpeg

aadea832-17b8-4374-bb1a-08eddfa40280.jpeg

We too were in Cornwall at the end of September for our son’s wedding. Lovely weekend at Mawgan Porth. IMG_6614.jpeg.d21230a51026e0ec874e01b8e26835a4.jpeg

• Like 3

22 hours ago, NE John said:

Just booked the QE 6/21/2024 Alaska voyage. We’re sailing in PG for my big 6-0 that week. 
I’m not a fan of a port intensive cruise so the two days at sea and the two “cruise-by” days make the trip more laid back, just to my liking. Being in Juneau just sounds like something we don’t do every day!

Than you to @techteach and @sfred and all for encouraging me to book Alaska. I’ll be back with questions and asking for tips later. 

• Like 3

Wow! You’re getting frost and snow already? Get out your sweaters, err jumpers, and put another blanket on the bed and stay warm. Grandson #2 arrived in boots yesterday as rain is in the forecast. Time for popcorn, hot chocolate, a throw blanket and a good movie. Everyone have a good week.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, techteach said:

@NE John I was so glad to read you booked Alaska, but disappointed in your date since we won’t be able to cruise together down to San Fran. What is the cruise number so I can see where you’ll be going?

Here’s the link for trip: https://www.cunard.com/en-us/find-a-cruise/Q420/Q420?categoryCode=I_I&cruiseCode=Q420&rateCode=KG5&typeCode=I

I like 10 day itinerary as it’s a lot of effort to get from the east coast to Vancouver for just a seven day cruise. 

24 minutes ago, NE John said:

Here’s the link for trip: https://www.cunard.com/en-us/find-a-cruise/Q420/Q420?categoryCode=I_I&cruiseCode=Q420&rateCode=KG5&typeCode=I

I like 10 day itinerary as it’s a lot of effort to get from the east coast to Vancouver for just a seven day cruise. 

And yes…it would be great to share a trip together. Especially with good wine!!

Edited by NE John
  • Like 1