Cunard Cruisers - How are things where you are ?

Host Hattie

17 hours ago, Bigmike911 said:

I am watching the NY Harbor Web cam to see the QM2 departure. There is some on on You Tube posting as Blue Marble who is sailing on her today 9/11. Is that "our" Blue Marble?

14 minutes ago, techteach said:

@bluemarble Where are you? Thanks @Bigmike911.

5 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Perhaps if someone asked a complicated question about the dress code schedule, that might sniff him out. 🙂

Yes, you managed to sniff me out. That was me posting about QM2's departure yesterday on the Brooklyn Waterfront Museum's live Youtube stream as "Blue Marble".

We are doing the 18-night roundtrip crossing from New York to Hamburg and back. We booked it especially for Anthony Inglis and the NSO on the current eastbound crossing. I am posting this from the Royal Court Theatre prior to the Maestro's talk on "And The Bands Played On! The history of music and Cunard".

• Like 8

12 hours ago, techteach said:

@bluemarble I would love to be in your pocket listening with you! If possible, could you post what they play? Silly me, assuming they will have a paper with that information!

Sure, I'll be glad to post a play list. I understand one of their traditional performances is called "Last Night at the Cunard Proms". So I'm figuring we might hear the selections traditionally played at the finale of the Proms. I think it's a pretty safe bet "Rule Britannia" and "Land of Hope and Glory" will be performed among others.

• Like 2

On 9/7/2023 at 3:50 PM, Lanky Lad said:

I'm sat in the Winter Garden on QV waiting for the quiz to start as we sail pass Corsica on our way to Rome.  The Winter Garden is not wintery a shame the room no longer opens. 

Couldn’t get to any of the quiz but have been around a lot, if you spot us my daughter is the tall ginger girl pushing the red hair in the wheelchair , give us  a shout , we are having an amazing time 😛

Edited by MrsPeel55
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, MrsPeel55 said:

Couldn’t get to any of the quiz but have been around a lot, if you spot us my daughter is the tall ginger girl pushing the red hair in the wheelchair , give us  a shout , we are having an amazing time 😛

Now I know who to look out for I will make sure I say high next time.

3 hours ago, MrsPeel55 said:

That's good to hear @MrsPeel55

10 minutes ago, techteach said:

@bluemarble Listening to Elgar Enigma Variations by BBC. Hoping they play it for you. Or perhaps, A Lark Ascending. But then they’d have to have Kleenex at the ready.

Tomorrow evening is the first NSO concert. It's advertised as an "All-Anerican concert ... dedicated to music by American composers with the very popular Rhapsody in Blue as the main item."

Tomorrow is also sign up for the guest choir to participate later in the NSO's "Best of British concert ... with all the favourites including Land of Hope and Glory and Rule Britannia, plus a very well known solo piece for the choir."

• Like 3

D

12 minutes ago, Lanky Lad said:

I'm in the Queens Room on QV waiting for a piano concert to start. Packing has been started. I have been given a disembarkation time of 8.40am so that's good. 

Have a great time @bluemarble

Hope you enjoyed it, we're certainly looking forward to embarking on our short one tomorrow.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, rakkor said:

D

Hope you enjoyed it, we're certainly looking forward to embarking on our short one tomorrow.

We are having a great time and don't want to get off. The ship is looking good. One thing I hope you like green beans they seem to be on every dish. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/12/2023 at 10:00 AM, bluemarble said:

Yes, you managed to sniff me out. That was me posting about QM2's departure yesterday on the Brooklyn Waterfront Museum's live Youtube stream as "Blue Marble".

We are doing the 18-night roundtrip crossing from New York to Hamburg and back. We booked it especially for Anthony Inglis and the NSO on the current eastbound crossing. I am posting this from the Royal Court Theatre prior to the Maestro's talk on "And The Bands Played On! The history of music and Cunard".

I hope you will consider Cunard's Hamburg tour, which includes a stop at the amazing Miniatur Wunderland. Hamburg is my favorite German city. The Venice of the North. 

59 minutes ago, Bigmike911 said:

I hope you will consider Cunard's Hamburg tour, which includes a stop at the amazing Miniatur Wunderland. Hamburg is my favorite German city. The Venice of the North. 

Yes, we did book the Cunard tour to Miniatur Wunderland last May when we were on board for a cruise to Norway via Hamburg. That was an absolutely fantastic way to enjoy our first visit to Hamburg.

That cruise included two stops at Hamburg. During the second stop, we visited the Internationales Maritimes Museum to see the marvelous Lego model of QM2 there.

This time in Hamburg, I think we may do an Elbe river tour.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lanky Lad said:

I'm in the Queens Room on QV waiting for a piano concert to start. Packing has been started. I have been given a disembarkation time of 8.40am so that's good. 

Have a great time @bluemarble

So lovely to meet you!!!!!!  Same here don’t want to go home!!!  Will come back when I’m in a device easier to type but the whole trip exeeded expectations, we already book next trip. Thanks to all of you who have critical info and recommendations, made the trip so much easier and enjoyable ❤️

• Like 6

On 9/12/2023 at 9:17 PM, techteach said:

@bluemarble I would love to be in your pocket listening with you! If possible, could you post what they play? Silly me, assuming they will have a paper with that information!

Tonight's playlist from "The First Night of the Cunard Proms: An American Evening", Anthony Inglis and the National Symphony Orchestra on board Queen Mary 2.

1) "The Star-Spangled Banner"

2) "The Carousel Waltz" - Rodgers and Hammerstein

3) "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" (guest pianist Captain Hashmi)

4) "Liberty Bell March" - Sousa (guest bell ringer/conductor Captain Hashmi)

5) "Rhapsody in Blue" - Gershwin

6) "Maple Leaf Rag" - Joplin

7) Medley from "South Pacific" - Rodgers and Hammerstein

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Tonight's playlist from "The First Night of the Cunard Proms: An American Evening", Anthony Inglis and the National Symphony Orchestra on board Queen Mary 2.

1) "The Star-Spangled Banner"

2) "The Carousel Waltz" - Rodgers and Hammerstein

3) "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" (guest pianist Captain Hashmi)

4) "Liberty Bell March" - Sousa (guest bell ringer/conductor Captain Hashmi)

5) "Rhapsody in Blue" - Gershwin

6) "Maple Leaf Rag" - Joplin

7) Medley from "South Pacific" - Rodgers and Hammerstein

They should have closed with The Stars and Stripes Forever.  EM

Will come back with a proper review.

Everything was beyond perfect, only fault we could find was the air con was full on and we were not prepared, but had fabulous weather, fell in love with Queen Victoria, (w definitely know how you feel @Victoria2 !!!!! ) already booked for next year a bit of a longer sailing, thank you to all of you who alerted us to the advantages of booking on board and all details that made our cruising perfect. @PORT ROYAL & @Pushpit we made full use of your recommendations, thanks so very much!

@Lanky Lad wonderful to meet you guys, hope we will cross path ion another sailing!

Right now:

I was very, very careful the first 4 days, using my own antibacterial and taking all the precautions, the past couple of days I relaxed as everyone seemed well and we were having a great time.... arrived home,  started feeling unwell, tested positive for Covid. Not feeling terrible but after almost 10 years of not even a cold, is a bit frustrating. I got down temperature (which didn't even get to 38) with some Paracetamol Fast Action +, also I have my own painkillers so taking it easy now, with a heart full of happiness that at least it only hit me when we were near home.

Thanks once again to all of you who patiently recommended and gave us the info we needed to have a fabulous trip 🙂

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, MrsPeel55 said:

Will come back with a proper review.

Everything was beyond perfect, only fault we could find was the air con was full on and we were not prepared, but had fabulous weather, fell in love with Queen Victoria, (w definitely know how you feel @Victoria2 !!!!! ) already booked for next year a bit of a longer sailing, thank you to all of you who alerted us to the advantages of booking on board and all details that made our cruising perfect. @PORT ROYAL & @Pushpit we made full use of your recommendations, thanks so very much!

@Lanky Lad wonderful to meet you guys, hope we will cross path ion another sailing!

Right now:

I was very, very careful the first 4 days, using my own antibacterial and taking all the precautions, the past couple of days I relaxed as everyone seemed well and we were having a great time.... arrived home,  started feeling unwell, tested positive for Covid. Not feeling terrible but after almost 10 years of not even a cold, is a bit frustrating. I got down temperature (which didn't even get to 38) with some Paracetamol Fast Action +, also I have my own painkillers so taking it easy now, with a heart full of happiness that at least it only hit me when we were near home.

Thanks once again to all of you who patiently recommended and gave us the info we needed to have a fabulous trip 🙂

Welcome home “CUNARDER”… Get well soon…

Never too early to start planning one’s next Cunard Voyage.  
CC is ready, willing and able to support 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, techteach said:

Thank you @bluemarble. I hope you enjoyed it. Rhapsody in Blue has some tough sections for the piano if you have small hands like mine. Two piano pieces back to back. That’s unusual. I assume different people played them.

The pianist who performed with the NSO at last evening's concert is Katherine Rockhill. Apart from the comedic bit with Captain Hashmi at the piano, she played the remainder of the concert. I was extremely impressed with her performance.

• Like 2