The Virtual Explorers' Lounge

photopro2

1 hour ago, Jim Avery said:

Haha, I prefer the WC with ME!  When that pup grows up (6 months or so) you will be cleaning up with a shovel.  Meanwhile, I will be in Explorer's Lounge having another martini....🍸

Jim - you can train the dog to go to the fridge and bring beer. Martinis are probably a stretch, but beer, no problem.😁

6 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

This is from the Viking website, as Mars & Neptune are now listed under the list of Ocean ships. Wonder which, if any of the 10 new ships, will be Viking Earth🙂

Currently the maiden voyage is scheduled Dec 24th from Ft Lauderdale. Once she actually starts the build process, and delivery dates are firmed, I would expect to see a TA from Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale.

Ooo!! Really! Guess I need to update my scheduling spreadsheet. 😉

Question to those who've done the world cruise. Am not looking to do the whole but the segment from Ft Lauderdale to LA. And not in 2022 but later. What was Christmas like onboard? We did the early Panama & Central America on the Sky in 2018 which only did a half transit of the Panama Canal so it would be great to do it all. Would only do repeats on 2 ports - Colon and Cartagena. And would permit time to actually tour Costa Rica rather than spend a whole week in a conference hotel (as I did in 2008) behaving like a conscientious person with my nose to the grindstone while others went off on tours. And then would regale me with videos of howler monkeys and the like. 😜

18 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Clay - that gives you 2 yrs to sell the condo, so we will see you on Neptune in '23🙂🙂

LOL.  No we just bought it in March after our two nomadic years....we were ready for a home base. And if you do the math, even with HOA fees, it’s cheaper than sailing aboard Viking continuously 😢

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clay Clayton said:

LOL.  No we just bought it in March after our two nomadic years....we were ready for a home base. And if you do the math, even with HOA fees, it’s cheaper than sailing aboard Viking continuously 😢

Haha, Clay, you have to bargain with them.  Be willing to take that cabin over Torshavn that goes "boom" late into the night.  They would love to sell that to you permanently...🍸

2 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

Haha, Clay, you have to bargain with them.  Be willing to take that cabin over Torshavn that goes "boom" late into the night.  They would love to sell that to you permanently...🍸

Yeah, when sitting in Torshavn until the wee hours, you don't care about the noise.🙂🍺

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Haha, it's not about the math......  It's the adventure.....😎🍹Sailing with Andy......🍺

Edited by Jim Avery
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

We had the dreaded Torshavn cabin 3055 initially on the WC until we finally got  moved.  Not just late night.... day time practices too AND we even had a "wanna be" passenger who had gotten permission to sing his heart out ( with loud speakers) about 6am    ...front desk people thought I was crazy until I brought them to invesitgate the noise one morning!  At least the early morning crooning stopped.   ADVENTURES!!!!  Do NOT EVER EVER agree to that room or a DV6  guarantee ( how we ended up there) that might result in that cabin...oh and they also wash lifeboats early morning!!!  Sleep was at premium.

3 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Hmmm, I must be prophetic, just got an email touting “Dog Week” on Viking TV 🙂  Fingers crossed that they will announce they are installing bark parks and doggie water slides on the VO ships...

Hey Ragnar - all good, but the dogs still need to be at least 18🙁 Counts us out, as with GSD's and Labs, most we get is 13.5 yrs.🙁🙁

18 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Hey Ragnar - all good, but the dogs still need to be at least 18🙁 Counts us out, as with GSD's and Labs, most we get is 13.5 yrs.🙁🙁

Well, let’s see, in dog years human 18 is about 3 years old.  So ok, I guess no puppies will be allowed.   See you on the 2024 WC 🙂

Good to see the Explorer Lounge is still up and running. It has been months since I stopped by.

Just finished my morning coffee  readling  posts from familiar posters on this page. 

Dreaming about a Viking cruise , sugarplums and a snowy Christmas Day

Now to finish  writing my Christmas cards... 

Merry Crhistmas and Seasons Greeting to all of you near and far. 🎄

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Azulann said:

Good to see the Explorer Lounge is still up and running. It has been months since I stopped by.

Just finished my morning coffee  readling  posts from familiar posters on this page. 

Dreaming about a Viking cruise , sugarplums and a snowy Christmas Day

Now to finish  writing my Christmas cards... 

Merry Crhistmas and Seasons Greeting to all of you near and far. 🎄

Merry Everything to you too!

• Like 1

On 12/13/2020 at 5:21 PM, deec said:

We had the dreaded Torshavn cabin 3055 initially on the WC until we finally got  moved.  Not just late night.... day time practices too AND we even had a "wanna be" passenger who had gotten permission to sing his heart out ( with loud speakers) about 6am    ...front desk people thought I was crazy until I brought them to invesitgate the noise one morning!  At least the early morning crooning stopped.   ADVENTURES!!!!  Do NOT EVER EVER agree to that room or a DV6  guarantee ( how we ended up there) that might result in that cabin...oh and they also wash lifeboats early morning!!!  Sleep was at premium.

I have been happy to see posting on the Viking thread pick up lately. Things were sort of quiet here for a while. However, Deec, your post did make me jump up and run to check the cabin for our next scheduled ocean cruise. Phew, we are safe! (And sadly,  I use the terms jump and run more as figures of speech these days.) Can't wait to be back on board one day. 

• Like 2