Cruise Refund - how long?

Has anyone received their refund for a cancelled cruise?  I cannot seem to find anywhere when to expect it and have not gotten any kind of response back after filling out the form.  Just trying to figure out our budget.  Thank you.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jkearns611 said:

I cannot seem to find anywhere when to expect it and have not gotten any kind of response back after filling out the form.

Welcome to CC.

Do a search for FCC in the title of threads and you'll find lots of talk in various threads.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to these refunds.  We cancelled three cruises on March 7th.  We are to receive cash refunds and FCC on each of these.  The refunds are from payments made not in penalty, taxes, and an Air2Sea refundable payment.  For the cancellation of a departure of March 14, we have received nothing.  For the departure of April 20, we've received the FCC only, no cash refund.  For the departure of May 7th, we've received everything expected - cash refund and FCC. 

It appears that Royal is not processing refunds in the order of sailing dates.  I would guess that processing these refunds is a manual operation where each booking has to be looked at and processed individually.  Royal is probably slammed right now with cancellations, so this whole process is going to take awhile.  Carnival is apparently telling their customers 90 days!

I think it depends on if you initiated the cancel, or if you applied for a refund after Royal cancelled the cruise.

We applied for the refund for a sailing that Royal canceled in the initial round.  The email they sent said it would take up to 30 days after you submit your request.  We applied for the refund on 3/13/2020 for our canceled April cruise.  We received notice of cruise planner cancellation on 3/19/2020, and those were refunded back to our card on 3/24/2020.  Nothing else has been received yet.

I believe refunds from Cruise Planner purchases (excursions, drink packages, dining packages, etc.) are automatically refunded without a human needing to review it and manually set it in motion.  From what I've been reading on this board over the past couple of weeks, it appears that all Cruise Planner cancellations are refunded in 5 to 6 days.

TA just told me she was asked to call back RCL on April 15th. Our cruise on Enchantment was booked for March 20th sailing. Moving FCC to Ovation sailing July 31, 2020. Hope Seattle and Canada open.

I received an email notice that my cruise planner items would be automatically refunded to my CC.  This was March 13.  I still don't have the refund.  I called and they said 7-10 business days on cruise planner items.  Today is 10 days.  I'm not expecting the refund from the cruise to happen until mid-April.  Our cruise was supposed to happen March 22.

Does anyone have any experience with multiple credit cards being charged?  I made multiple payments for the  actual cruise on two different credit cards.  Will the refunds match the amount charged on each card?

Thanks

2/24/20 Quantum cruise cancelled 2/14/20 had the credits on my credit card 5 days later.  Immediately filled out the form when the Brilliance TA on 5/2/20 was cancelled, not expecting to see the credits until the end of April.  No rush as it is vacation money, don't need it right now, not going anywhere any time soon.

7 hours ago, Baowen said:

Does anyone have any experience with multiple credit cards being charged?  I made multiple payments for the  actual cruise on two different credit cards.  Will the refunds match the amount charged on each card?

Thanks

I can’t see it being refunded in any other way...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, adonisr said:

I filled out the online form for a refund once our May 9 cruise fell under the new extension of no sailing.  I didn't receive any type of confirmation email of applying for the refund.

Same here for April 12 sailing.

In fact my cruise is still showing up on their web site.

Edited by Judyrem

13 hours ago, adonisr said:

I filled out the online form for a refund once our May 9 cruise fell under the new extension of no sailing.  I didn't receive any type of confirmation email of applying for the refund.

My travel agent sent me an email the day after it was announced that my May 10 Harmony was cancelled asking if I wanted full refund or  125% FCC.  I chose full refund. Then she sent me a confirmation invoice showing the total refund amount and a Royal Caribbean confirmation number.  I know lots of people like to deal directly with Royal, this is one time that it's good to have a travel agent.

After reading a few threads here, I made the conclusion that it takes 60-90 days (3-4 weeks in some cases). In any case you will definetly be refunded. Its just a matter of time. Also, you should be notified before hand that the money is about to be reimbursed to your account. After 40 days I would call the office to clarify the matter.