Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My Dh, Eric, just got off the phone with his Brother who has been in hospital with covid for almost 2 months.  He is doing much better and has been moved to physical therapy/rehab wing for covid patients.  They are doing rigorous workouts to rebuild his strength as well as breathing exercises.  They told him if he continues with regimen he should be able to walk out the front door and be home by Christmas!!

Really pleased to hear your husband's brother is improving and hopefully he is home for Xmas🤞

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, primark does have nice pjs gowns and robes at great prices too.  That's great she lived to be 96 hopefully she didnt have the medical challenges til late in life.

She had Angina,Atrial Fibrillation,HBP but was on medication.

The Dementia took hold 4 years before she died.

We took her on 6 cruises with us after Pauline's dad died and pushed her around in her wheelchair.

Her last cruise was to celebrate her 90th birthday.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

@singinalot - I just saw something on TV about the Pikes Peak Cog Railway.  Have you taken it to the top of Pikes Peak?  Looks like a good thing to do (once they complete their renovation work) if we make a road trip out west.  Lots on interesting things to do in the Colorado Springs area from surfing Google Maps.

8 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

When my daughter lived in England, she liked Primark.  Is Primark just a clothing store or do they also offer other household items?  I only recall seeing clothes, but I wasn't really paying attention.  I was just holding things when told to do so.  😁

Is she single?  How else did you end up with a husbands job?  @grapau27 is this not part of normal day to day husbandry in the UK?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Just found out my 103! Year old Aunt died.  She was the last of my father’s eight siblings.  She always used to carry on about dying young, yet she outlived all her siblings. Life is amazing

My condolences to you and your family Marietta.  That story reminds me of Mickey Mantle.

5 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Someone a while back asked about the wood fire place mantle we had in storage at the farm. I’m finally getting around to posting some photos of a fireplace covering that was also came from our head office when it was used as a house.

It is a Century Home we purchased in the early 80s after it had been a victim of arson.  We gutted it and turned it into an office, while holding onto some items. 

I blew off the dust but it does give you the idea of what it looks like. It’s cast and fairly detailed but not very large. 

That is an amazing piece.  Are you using it, or is it just in storage?

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Rory.

You asked about Mask wearing outside and have often said you look after yourself.

I had an expensive medical grade mask on at the eye hospital and followed all the guidelines.

The hospital staff were wearing disposable masks and no visors and this caused me to catch covid19 and as I had a heart attack less than 1 year ago as well as controlled HBP this could have been deadly for me.

I was lucky I didn't need to go to hospital but was still very poorly.

Graham.

This has been a hard year for many, but Graham you may have had the hardest 2020.  I am hoping you will be rewarded with a wonderful 2021. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Lotsssss of things to do and see here if you love the outdoors! I have not done the railway, but I have driven to the top of Pikes Peak. There is some amazing scenery. Snow here today and around 15 degrees. We were supposed to go another hike tomorrow but not sure that will happen.

Instead I’m baking cookies and looking at all the houses in FL that hubby keeps sending me.

Are those short bread cookies?  I cant tell.

I'm not sure Florida will take you if you actually go hiking whiles it's 15 degrees out? 

22 minutes ago, Domino D said:

Is she single?  How else did you end up with a husbands job?  @grapau27 is this not part of normal day to day husbandry in the UK?

Pauline likes shoes,clothes,handbags and jewelry so I am like the bag man at the mall.🤓

Graham.

IMG_20191006_175133.jpg

IMG_20191122_200835.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 7