Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

41 minutes ago, Domino D said:

@Milwaukee Eight it is with a sad heart that I must tell you that despite all learned from your videos the past month, Milwaukee Santa has suffered an accident and is down and out.  

We had heavy winds on Sunday night, through today.  He was deflated for safety purposes yesterday.  Upon re-inflation he was unresponsive and could not regain shape.  He was listing badly to one side, as if trying to take a turn to sharp, or that one Concordia Cruise ship.

While I would like to say this was an act of God or just age, I must remind you the Godmother said "No inflatables this year."  So this being a message from the boss lady is not out of possibility.  He will be missed, and replaced with a Penguin in a Santa hat.  If the Penguin ends up in a similar fate, then we'll know more. 

MC Santa 2010 - 2020 

Ride on good buddy

image.png.26a296577bda1afce5cb4ce7bbd87b54.png  

So sorry for your lose.    I hope the Penguin does not have the same fate. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Domino D said:

@Milwaukee Eight it is with a sad heart that I must tell you that despite all learned from your videos the past month, Milwaukee Santa has suffered an accident and is down and out.  

We had heavy winds on Sunday night, through today.  He was deflated for safety purposes yesterday.  Upon re-inflation he was unresponsive and could not regain shape.  He was listing badly to one side, as if trying to take a turn to sharp, or that one Concordia Cruise ship.

While I would like to say this was an act of God or just age, I must remind you the Godmother said "No inflatables this year."  So this being a message from the boss lady is not out of possibility.  He will be missed, and replaced with a Penguin in a Santa hat.  If the Penguin ends up in a similar fate, then we'll know more. 

MC Santa 2010 - 2020 

Ride on good buddy

image.png.26a296577bda1afce5cb4ce7bbd87b54.png  

Should have signed up Milwaukee Santa for one of M8 safety courses.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I tend to suspect that nothing at McDonalds is better than it was 30 years ago.

Well that might be true ... there was no McRib when I worked there (ahem) about 40 plus years ago. 

I would work the register and smelled like fries and money.  But the simple food was delicious hot off the grill. 

💰🍔🍟

• Like 2

15 hours ago, singinalot said:

final Saturday post...

We left Cripple Creek at 4 and headed back down the mountains toward Florissant and home. Sun has been setting here around 4:30 so I was inwardly hoping I’d be able pull over for a beautiful sunset. We reached the Hornbek Homestead about 4:30 and I saw no cars there so pulled in. We got the golden lighting just right and got out to take some final pictures. Home by 5:45 and ended the night with a couple of episodes of Vikings with hubby. 

339E7166-055F-41D4-8B0F-B32B108A8012.jpeg

48BEC8BF-94C7-4B1F-9CC8-9F00F7D680CF.jpeg

685C6576-1043-4C35-8683-455014B8A4CC.jpeg

FF94B935-E864-4FCC-A97A-4AC92A1A6E0A.jpeg

BDCB4ECC-02D9-41A8-BA96-AE021F76456F.jpeg

F54AA96C-521F-44C1-9A3D-3483C78B352A.jpeg

Fantastic pictures.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, davekathy said:

A sound and smell I'll never forget. 

Ugg...that's for sure.  I hate it when one of those things flies over, and being near the airbases here in Florida, it happens often.  Bucky still gets goose bumps, and if they are close enough...breaks out in a cold sweat.  🤕   We vacation quite often in the Panhandle of Florida along the beaches, they are thick as flies out there.  

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

Ugg...that's for sure.  I hate it when one of those things flies over, and being near the airbases here in Florida, it happens often.  Bucky still gets goose bumps, and if they are close enough...breaks out in a cold sweat.  🤕   We vacation quite often in the Panhandle of Florida along the beaches, they are thick as flies out there.  

We live just north of one of the bases.  Mostly small planes here.  Sometimes the Blue Angels are practicing and that is super cool.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Keksie said:

We live just north of one of the bases.  Mostly small planes here.  Sometimes the Blue Angels are practicing and that is super cool.

Love watching the Blue Angels, and all the other high powered Jets when we are over there staying along the beach, and the the old Osprey flying down the beach is our favorite.  Bucky just has a problem with low flying Hueys...too many bad memories.  

We live in flight path of Patrick Air base in Melbourne, and close to the Air base in Cape Canaveral.  

Really sad what hurricane Michael did to Tindall.  😞 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Love watching the Blue Angels, and all the other high powered Jets when we are over there staying along the beach, and the the old Osprey flying down the beach is our favorite.  Bucky just has a problem with low flying Hueys...too many bad memories.  

We live in flight path of Patrick Air base in Melbourne, and close to the Air base in Cape Canaveral.  

Could have been a lot more expensive if the base commander at Tyndall hadn't ordered the evacuation of the F22's inland to safe bases.

• Like 1

This year was so challenging for me and my husband. But, I always know that somehow somewhere things would get better. 

Today we found out we won one of the Christmas trees that were part of the Chinese auction at the hospital. The funds raised benefits employees in need. 

The theme of the tree we won is :

”The grinch that stole 2020.”

I have taken chances on this fund raiser for over 30 years, and this is the first tree I won. 
My husband over the years has won two. 
This tree was one of the more popular trees getting the most tickets placed in basket. 

Tonight it will be set up in our foyer. 

Merry Christmas 

Happy Hanukkah. 

Be healthy. 

FA67459B-52A0-46EE-B3EB-BE37D3C0C2ED.jpeg

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

This year was so challenging for me and my husband. But, I always know that somehow somewhere things would get better. 

Today we found out we won one of the Christmas trees that were part of the Chinese auction at the hospital. The funds raised benefits employees in need. 

I have taken chances on this fund raiser for over 30 years, and this is the first tree I won. 
This tree was one of the more popular trees getting the most tickets placed in basket. 

Merry Christmas 

Happy Hanukkah. 

Be healthy. 

Congratulations on your win.  Hopefully this will be an omen of good things to follow in 2021.

FA240449-EFDC-4B45-B464-F17B06F28AAF.gif.2790ed38cff2c14f735173eec6e30232.gif

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Merry Christmas 

Happy Hanukkah. 

Be healthy. 

Congratulations.

I'm very happy for you.

Graham.

8 hours ago, island lady said:

You still see and hear UH-1’s (Huey) flying around?

M8

On 12/7/2020 at 1:15 PM, A&L_Ont said:

Have you found someone to do your ground work?

Yes...thanks for asking.  Finally found someone today.  Our new neighbor, who I had met for all of about 2 minutes, left a card in our mailbox with the contact info of the guy who took care of the yard for the previous owner.  We met with him today and he'll be here tomorrow to cut, edge, trim bushes, and treat azaleas/palm trees that need attention.  Either our neighbor is very nice, or he was tired of seeing a yard that needed mowing.  I'm sure it was the former.

And we found that we have 3 orange trees on the side of our house.  We saw them on our last trip and thought they might be grapefruit trees given the size and color of the fruit.  We picked a ripe one today and it's definitely an orange tree (confirmed by the yard guy).  Not sure what type of orange but a very large, and somewhat yellow/orange fruit.  Who'd a thought...oranges in Florida.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Yesterday, lead a Daytona HOG Bag Lunch Ride. We call our group the Bag Lunch Riders. I started the Bag Lunch Rides back in April when COVID19 got serious here. We find a nice park with picnic tables outside to stop and eat our bag lunch. We practice good social distancing. 

Our HOG Chapter has challenge rides the last few years. Three years ago we did State and National Parks. Two years Firehouses. Last year Transportation Museums. This year we are doing Historic Houses.   You visit 10 on your motorcycle, you get a patch and rocker. We document these with a photo of us on our motorcycles in front of the location. 

Yesterday was a very cold day for us here. When I left the house, the temperature was 39*. It warmed up to 58* later in the day. Love the cooler temperatures to ride in. I have heated seats and grips. 

Here are some pictures (I took the house pictures and a rider in the group took the others). We knocked out ~250 miles. M8

56926986-A0C2-4D6B-9145-4F09DB632892.jpeg

EF86E58F-A5A3-4F82-B30F-9BF47B4C3713.jpeg

8F139F47-D4E9-4A1E-B925-6CA33991CDA3.jpeg

3DEFEAB4-FA91-4FA0-B0D2-768669DC2483.jpeg

B2034878-9749-4C6C-88EB-6CC40A236763.jpeg

7CA7A5C8-6671-4712-A5CA-4CB6E439823E.jpeg

F78307DF-821D-45BC-84D6-614A5BE33706.jpeg

BD002ED9-9530-4030-B5F5-AC57066E9E14.jpeg

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 7

On 12/9/2020 at 10:16 AM, island lady said:

Two Blackhawks alway fly up the beach prior to a launch. Air/Sea Rescue

Speaking of launches, the spy satellite is potentially going up tonight on a triple booster Delta Heavy. Tomorow SpaceX may launch a Sirrius radio satellite 

New sign at the former Patrick AFB

20201210_105115.jpg.cc5dd84899852903e395d0b7f0716201.jpg

One of the 'fun' Trump legacies.😉

No pictures, but Cape Canaveral has been renamed a Space Station. 😁

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1