Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I'm "into".... In Paris we visited Pere Lachaise and Montmartre. I'd like to visit Arlington and lay a rose on Kennedy's grave.

The helicopter "cemetery" was very moving.

We visited Menin Gate war memorial cemetery in Ypres Belgium on a ships tour.

Graham.

1 hour ago, Domino D said:

Stay safe, and bake cookies.  Keep that toilet paper stash safe.  

A m a z i n g .... How did u know about the cookies????? Just fresh from the oven 😁

Before

before.jpg

and after

after.jpg

There's plenty for everybody "on the list" -- just waiting for the cruises to start....

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We visited Menin Gate war memorial cemetery in Ypres Belgium on a ships tour.

Different ages, different times -- we lived 5 years in Belgium, and visited quite a lot (Waterloo comes to mind), but then, as a young couple with 2 babies, we were not (yet) "into" cemeteries....

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, singinalot said:

@Milwaukee Eight I'm definitely feeling more confident every time I use the mavic mini...next upgrade will definitely have the auto/tracking feature!

My drone videos don’t appear to be allowed. Probably because they are too big. I have been recording in 4K which is probably over kill. I need to find a good editor that lets me change format to something not so much a memory hog. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Different ages, different times -- we lived 5 years in Belgium, and visited quite a lot (Waterloo comes to mind), but then, as a young couple with 2 babies, we were not (yet) "into" cemeteries....

We had Pauline's late dad with us on the ship and as he was ex British Army the tour was more for his benefit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

A m a z i n g .... How did u know about the cookies????? Just fresh from the oven 😁

1. Great minds think alike.

2. From reading your posts I know you to be a generous and thoughtful person

3. What else does one want when locked in.

All that equals cookies.  Plus I always think "cookies"  Especially Ranger Cookies.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Speaking of travel, we get back in the car today to drive 12 hours to our new house on Florida.  Will spend a couple of weeks there, still getting things set up, then back to Ohio for Christmas/New Year's.  Then back to Florida in early January for about 3 or 4 months.  Then back to Ohio to sell our Ohio house.  I don't know how some of you juggle 2 houses.  Two of everything, I guess.  I'll be glad when we're in Florida full time next summer.

Have you found someone to do your ground work?

6 minutes ago, vettprincess said:

Wanted to ask where in England are you located? We have cruise friends in/on the Isle of Thannet.

We live between Durham and Sunderland in the North East of England.

We are about 5 miles from the coast.

Screenshot_20201207_184334_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We live between Durham and Sunderland in the North East of England.

We are about 5 miles from the coast.

Screenshot_20201207_184334_com.android.chrome.jpg

Thank you. Looks very far north. We also are very far north in the middle of the USA. Northern MN borders Canada. Not a bad winter so far. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

On the subject of cemeteries, we visited Arnhem Oosterbeek cemetery when we were on a river cruise.  So many of the graves had the phase “Known unto God” on them.  It was the first time I’d seen that.  

https://www.google.com/search?q=known+unto+god&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS859US859&oq=known+unto+god&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l2j0i22i30l4.6616j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

🤣🤣🤣

@singinalot and @grapau27 - Thanks for posting pictures of your travels (even if just local).  Any travel is good these days and it helps me to see others doing it!

Speaking of travel, we get back in the car today to drive 12 hours to our new house on Florida.  Will spend a couple of weeks there, still getting things set up, then back to Ohio for Christmas/New Year's.  Then back to Florida in early January for about 3 or 4 months.  Then back to Ohio to sell our Ohio house.  I don't know how some of you juggle 2 houses.  Two of everything, I guess.  I'll be glad when we're in Florida full time next summer.

And I'll second (third?) the reco for Queen's Gambit.  We enjoyed it.

My "other" house is on wheels.  😉 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1