Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, beerman2 said:

Routine day in lockdown IS coming to an end in March:

1st option : Stay home and stare out our patio door ( live in Midwest)

2nd option:  Spend a month in Gulf Shores staring out the patio door/sitting on the balcony staring at the Beach/Gulf 

We've decided if we have to continue the quarantine it's going to be somewhere warm.

Wear masks, social distance as much as possible, eat/drink mainly outdoors. 

Added we are both retired and can/will quarantine at home if needed.

I like your way of thinking...so much so that we decided we want the warmth and nice view year round.  

• Like 1

I am asking all you wonderful people for prayers for very close friends of ours.  They are the best couple and now he has COVID and she was diagnosed with a brain tumor.  She beat lung cancer last year so we are hopeful.  He just got home from the hospital for another issue and they found he had COVID, so scary.  They are both in their late 70’s so not a good scenario.
Thanks all.😥

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I am asking all you wonderful people for prayers for very close friends of ours.  They are the best couple and now he has COVID and she was diagnosed with a brain tumor.  She beat lung cancer last year so we are hopeful.  He just got home from the hospital for another issue and they found he had COVID, so scary.  They are both in their late 70’s so not a good scenario.
Thanks all.😥

Ahh, I that's sad to hear.    Positive thinking and lots of prayers for your dear friends.   

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Thanks all.😥

Sending our prayers and best wishes for your wonderful friends that his covid19 is mild and her brain tumour is operable.

Graham & Pauline xx

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Just watched the launch of the cargo supply rocket from our back yard.  Nice launch!  Forgot to take pictures...duh.  😞 

Perfect landing on the barge in the ocean of the spent booster.  🙂 

That's odd, cargo trips usually come back to Cape. Must have been a big load

45 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

That's odd, cargo trips usually come back to Cape. Must have been a big load

Space X run.   The new Dragon resupply ship, booster landed on "Of course I still love you" barge.  Another perfect mission.  🙂   

Returning capsule, as I understand, will splash down into the sea outside PC.  

Edited by island lady

DaniDanielle...prayers for your dear friends.  🙏🙏 I've been doing a lot of praying for 3 of my dear friends and God has heard me.  One of them had Covid and has now tested negative.  My dear friend's baby granddaughter was premature, weighting 2lbs, 13 oz and as of last week, baby Hazel is now 5 lbs.  

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, singinalot said:

spent a couple hours hiking Red Rocks Open Space Canyon today.

65 degrees in December..I’ll take it.

still working on the vlog and trip report from yesterday

ED7D4FC3-058B-48E6-8F61-BC89405FDACD.jpeg

05041B8E-31D4-4EDF-B992-EDC0389C8240.jpeg

798C39C6-446C-4AD2-AFA1-AA0939930E02.jpeg

5348CDD5-18CF-4E60-8AFE-A316F70977B8.jpeg

424BE10B-693F-4987-980F-4F7033C555AA.jpeg

D10CAA58-79C0-4542-96EF-9CF889921E9B.jpeg

2CAE34A9-E0A6-4593-A687-0F595E548451.jpeg

You are very cute. Please keep up a great work sharing photos with us. Its always so nice to travel with such a nice person via photos on cruisecritic, especially these days. I enjoy it so much. I mean I learned to enjoy it lol 

7 hours ago, island lady said:

Little Christmas tree up, presents wrapped and underneath, and my little friend outside.  Then later her last year's fawn joined her for dry corn treats.  

20201205_164037.jpg

20201206_085555.jpg

We havent put our Christmas tree yet, but I am sure it will be very nice to put it arlier just to have more time to enjoy it. we are all sitting at home anyway lol so why not do things earlier

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, singinalot said:

my in laws were telling us to watch that today. I guess this is a sign we should add it to our list!

I'm not much into TV, reading is my main "interest", but the one in the pic above insisted we should see it.... Eventually, we gave up and saw it -- very well done, played and entertaining.

I hope Nate and you will enjoy it !!

Church this morning, brunch afterwards (inside a restaurant that had about 5 people in it) then home.  I'm now watching Christmas Chronicles 2 on Netflix.  It's really a kids movie, but I love Kurt Russell.

Edited by BND
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Restaurants in the SF Bay Area are back to takeout and delivery only as of today. No indoor or outdoor dining until January 4. :classic_sad: All "social bubbles are popped" We are really tired of it all here. :classic_sad:

I am glad that others in other states are allowed to do normal things. :classic_smile:

• Like 1

Pheww... Caught up through page 148.  Rather than punish the group with a bunch of posts and quotes because I got tied up, I am just going to leave this here. Can not make all the comments I want, as this will be long enough, but as always, I enjoyed reading

@grapau27 Graham so glad to see you up and about, and I finally saw the promised beach photo. 

@Lionesss Can't believe the Polaroid still had film with it.  My son is engaged and living in New Orleans.  We won't be seeing him this Christmas for the first time.  My wife is feeling similar and talking about moving closer after Covid. 

@A&L_Ont Great pictures as always.  Feel bad for Owen, nothing worse than a Snow Day that doesn't materialize. Loved the light show videos.  

@dani negreanu Best way to get Vitamin D has to be the beach, hope to be back there soon.  Very touched by the story about your friend, so true. 

@Sunshine3601 I hope that cats are doing well

@singinalot and @voyager70 sorry to hear the funk caught you all, glad that it passed.  My wife has been falling in that funk periodically throughout Covid, sometimes out of nowhere.  

@singinalot glad to hear that Nate's surgery is on track. He needs to be back to normal when the vaccine gets going and travel picks back up.  I will for sure check out the blogs.  Also, don't if you saw where Kara and Nate started a business Atlas.co, I have already emailed them and said that I would use if they add cruise routes.

@ReneeFLL I didn't know what those green things were either.  I thought "Cat Pads?" 

@bobmacliberty I grew up in Syracuse.  When we had snow days in high school, we drove to the mall.  Nandy Bushell was amazing.  

@island lady Thought @John&LaLa left Georgia and so did the warn weather, but saw your post about Fla cold spell, guess they didn’t take it with them.  Don't know what was more shocking, you sold Truett cars, or how long it was before @A&L_Ont heard of Chic Fil A?

@molly361 loved the float, was it a float or just an enthusiastic neighbor?

@HBE4 that Aruba picture was well.... just.... sigh.  Happy for you.  Maybe the solution to the 72 hours is stay until vaccinated?  Interesting to hear how they were handling tourism.

@John&LaLa  glad you made it back safe.  Was there any doubt you would talk to the sous vide?  Do you have to speak to it in French?  Come now, when you see flashing lights surely you tell them you are a pinnacle and drive off.  What part of the pig is a Mcrib?

@Bailey & Sophie I am banned from travelling to Cuba.  My best friend is Cuban and has told me "You are not going there".  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, singinalot said:

spent a couple hours hiking Red Rocks Open Space Canyon today.

65 degrees in December..I’ll take it.

still working on the vlog and trip report from yesterday

ED7D4FC3-058B-48E6-8F61-BC89405FDACD.jpeg

05041B8E-31D4-4EDF-B992-EDC0389C8240.jpeg

798C39C6-446C-4AD2-AFA1-AA0939930E02.jpeg

5348CDD5-18CF-4E60-8AFE-A316F70977B8.jpeg

424BE10B-693F-4987-980F-4F7033C555AA.jpeg

D10CAA58-79C0-4542-96EF-9CF889921E9B.jpeg

2CAE34A9-E0A6-4593-A687-0F595E548451.jpeg

were you near the Red Rocks Amphitheater?     In the mid 80's (maybe 85 or 86) a bunch of us went on a road trip from PA to CO to see the Grateful Dead play at the Red Rocks.     Amazing sound and beautiful area to camp too.    Seeing these pictures remind me I need to go back and visit that area.

47 minutes ago, singinalot said:

it’s about an hour from here 🙂 My mom lives close to the amphitheater, but these are a different red rocks - located nearby Garden of the Gods

I've been fortunate enough to go to a concert at Red Rocks and visit Garden of the Gods.  Beautiful places.

• Like 2