Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

My new town has a lighted boat parade tonight and tomorrow a lighted street parade.  Last year we had just moved in and didn't go.  My decorations are up and now I need to start baking.  My son has a favorite cookie I need to make along with cranberry bread, fudge, peanut brittle and some cookies.  Maybe a pie or two.  I love Christmas.

Oh I miss the beautiful boat parade we used to have in Merritt Island!!  Lived there for 20 years, on the largest/widest canal in the area...which was popular for them.  

Now...our "parade in the swamp" is highly decorated golf carts that will parade through our community streets on the 11th.  😉  Great excuse for cocktail time!  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

My new town has a lighted boat parade tonight and tomorrow a lighted street parade.  Last year we had just moved in and didn't go.  My decorations are up and now I need to start baking.  My son has a favorite cookie I need to make along with cranberry bread, fudge, peanut brittle and some cookies.  Maybe a pie or two.  I love Christmas.

Our boat parade is tomorrow as well. Up the Halifax River. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, island lady said:

I made Blueberry bread (from Maine wild blueberries 🙂 ) yesterday for the first time in years...Mmm...made house smell good.  Guess this lockdown is bringing out the bakers in us.  😉 

I have always loved to bake but I think I have been doing a lot more than usual this year.    Last week for our Thanksgiving #2 I had made Blueberry Hand pie (basically a turnover) and a nice simple Apple Crisp with walnuts.      

It is suppose to be an ugly rainy Saturday so I plan on mopping my hardwood floors and baking.   I'm going to try to make a chocolate molten cake from scratch as well as a cinnamon coffee cake with fresh made cream cheese icing drizzled over it.       

I usually don't start my Christmas baking till the week before but I may make an early batch of Rum balls for the heck of it!   

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have always loved to bake but I think I have been doing a lot more than usual this year.    Last week for our Thanksgiving #2 I had made Blueberry Hand pie (basically a turnover) and a nice simple Apple Crisp with walnuts.      

It is suppose to be an ugly rainy Saturday so I plan on mopping my hardwood floors and baking.   I'm going to try to make a chocolate molten cake from scratch as well as a cinnamon coffee cake with fresh made cream cheese icing drizzled over it.       

I usually don't start my Christmas baking till the week before but I may make an early batch of Rum balls for the heck of it!   

Just read your quote to Bucky...he is drooling right now.   LOL!  

OMG...I remember those Rum Balls...used to make them in Michigan where I grew up.  Since the ones I made were not baked, (holding the rum in place 😉 )...eat a lot of those...and it can flatten...AND fatten you.  😄 😄 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Just read your quote to Bucky...he is drooling right now.   LOL!  

OMG...I remember those Rum Balls...used to make them in Michigan where I grew up.  Since the ones I made were not baked, (holding the rum in place 😉 )...eat a lot of those...and it can flatten...AND fatten you.  😄 😄 

I usually use 151 rum too!    Mine are the no bake kind too.    My Aunt used to make them every Christmas but when she passed away I seem to that assignment.    Everyone always more!    I make a couple different versions.    Some with crushed hazelnut or walnut, some with coco powder or powdered sugar.     When I have them I pop one or two with my morning coffee then head to work for a good day! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coralc said:

LOL. It's Friday so I am cleaning the house. Which means picking up the throw rugs and cat toys and running the Roomba. :classic_biggrin: I am glad that it likes to vacuum, because I don't. :classic_wink:

Yeah, I hear ya about the cat toys...would find Katie's "fluffy balls" all over the place, hiding under every appliance and piece of furniture.  😉  Sigh...she has been gone for over a year now, and I miss dearly having to have that problem.  Get choked up when I do find one deep under something now.  😢

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I usually use 151 rum too!    Mine are the no bake kind too.    My Aunt used to make them every Christmas but when she passed away I seem to that assignment.    Everyone always more!    I make a couple different versions.    Some with crushed hazelnut or walnut, some with coco powder or powdered sugar.     When I have them I pop one or two with my morning coffee then head to work for a good day! 

LOL...nice way to start the morning!!  😄 

15 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Laura makes them with creme de cacoa

• Like 4

This is what you need, from fresh bread to real ribs. Sam the Cooking Guy has a great YouTube channel.  We got his newest Cook Book for my MIL for Christmas.

Photos if you don’t want to watch. 

9632A2F5-228E-40CE-81B8-630883CFD0A1.thumb.png.73166d92a8552aefe2137dde6d99c0bb.png

C58E78F5-28EE-49F3-89C5-5639477CF2D8.thumb.png.5119882f4cabe3c1edcb3c985ede6842.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

This is what you need, from fresh bread to real ribs. Sam the Cooking Guy has a great YouTube channel.  We got his newest Cook Book for my MIL for Christmas.

Photos if you don’t want to watch. 

9632A2F5-228E-40CE-81B8-630883CFD0A1.thumb.png.73166d92a8552aefe2137dde6d99c0bb.png

C58E78F5-28EE-49F3-89C5-5639477CF2D8.thumb.png.5119882f4cabe3c1edcb3c985ede6842.png

Nice, but there is something to be said for embracing an old friend

I went to the hair salon today and got highlights and cut and blow dry so I can stay blonde lol.  I've been going regularly since May (break between Mar-May) wearing masks of course.    Starting to wrap Christmas gifts also.  My former co-worker retired yesterday with a ceremony and I couldn't go because unless you are badged for the facility, you can't go in.  I retired at the end March, without a ceremony since everything was in harder lockdown.  My former boss wants to bring me back when he can, but between the fact I got no retirement ceremony and my 60th birthday was also in March, with no party, it kinda sucked.  Not what I had planned when I submitted my retirement paperwork in July 2019.

As for deer, I caught two young bucks on my backyard security camera over a month ago.  We have seen does but this is the first time we've seen bucks on them.  We see raccoons, opossums and fox all the time.  We've seen a larger buck but not caught it on camera yet.  We're suburban but up until about 19 years ago our neighborhood was farmland and we have wooded areas all around.

2830788230_20201017022555_Moment.jpg

Edited by BND
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Nice, but there is something to be said for embracing an old friend

Not when that old friend is McDs.  Other than their fries, I put McDonald's behind Wendy's and Burger King.  I'll take a slice of Andrew's sandwich over the McRib without even having tasted it.

And while I'm at it (this may get me blocked by some people), I don't get the cult like following for Chik-fil-A.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 2