Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

42 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

oh man I am so Jealous!!!    My DH said we should fly to Aruba for Christmas and do christmas on the beach.   After seeing this I know he is right!      Enjoy, that is one of our favorite islands.

Ours as well. Its either 8 or 9 times vacationing here over the past 15 years. First time spending Thanksgiving away from home.

You guys should come down!! Most hotels are at 30-40% capacity. Its great! Outdoor dining everywhere.  Health precautions are taken seriously by employees and the island in general seems to have things under control. 

The only downside for us, being night owls,  is everything must close by 11 pm. But that might change in the near future. Biggest challenge is trying to get tested and results back 72 hours before your flight.  It took us 2 full days. 

Sadly, I will be returning to the real world soon.

Edited by HBE4

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Apparently, Aruba is home port for displaced NCL ships. Been watching the Pearl, Gem and Sun taking turns, usually 2 at a time.

20201121_155046.jpg

Now I feel like you are serving me raisins and calling them grapes. LOL

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

What is this snow and cold people speak of? Been spending the last several weeks in Aruba, consistently 86  during the day (feels like 98) with "lows" of 79 at night. 

My current situation,  enjoying a local brew.

20201122_154034.jpg

Wow!  Good for you!  We cancelled our scheduled trip for September.  Hope to go in April/May 2021.  Love chill and Amstel bright!

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Ours as well. Its either 8 or 9 times vacationing here over the past 15 years. First time spending Thanksgiving away from home.

You guys should come down!! Most hotels are at 30-40% capacity. Its great! Outdoor dining everywhere.  Health precautions are taken seriously by employees and the island in general seems to have things under control. 

The only downside for us, being night owls,  is everything must close by 11 pm. But that might change in the near future. Biggest challenge is trying to get tested and results back 72 hours before your flight.  It took us 2 full days. 

Sadly, I will be returning to the real world soon.

That does sound wonderful to me.    The only time I stay up passed 11 is when I'm on vacation.   But I could deal with 11 pm closing time just to be there.      I don't recall the name of the resort but we usually like to stay in Noord.      

Yes, test results are currently taking 3 to 5 days in my area so the 72 hour test would be a problem unless they let me quarantine on the beach until my email with results comes thru.

59 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

What do people do if they can't get results back within the 72 hours? Are they out of luck? A person would have to know the answer for sure; I'm not sure who one would ask.

That would be really awful and stressful if you couldn't get the results back in time for boarding. I don't think they could let you board. Hopefully procedures for everything will improve in the near future. 

Our second England lockdown ended today. Just off back to gym and then to my local Marks and Spencer,  all covid secure, masks and sanitiser at the ready 

UK have now approved Pfizer vaccine, roll out to start in a few days for care homes and health care workers

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Coralc said:

That would be really awful and stressful if you couldn't get the results back in time for boarding. I don't think they could let you board. Hopefully procedures for everything will improve in the near future. 

There’s an option to test upon arrival and wait for results in hotel.   I wouldn’t want to take a chance so we are going to wait until testing becomes more flexible or easier to find places that will get results within 72 hours.  We are hoping by April/may that all considered is better.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, maggieq said:

There’s an option to test upon arrival and wait for results in hotel.   I wouldn’t want to take a chance so we are going to wait until testing becomes more flexible or easier to find places that will get results within 72 hours.  We are hoping by April/may that all considered is better.  

When I had my recent positive test for covid19 I got my results back by text and email in 21 hours.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

When I had my recent positive test for covid19 I got my results back by text and email in 21 hours.

Graham.

Did your wife ever test positive?  I know two couples where one of them tested positive and very sick and the other no symptoms and no positive test. Living in the same household, this seems odd. 

So glad you’re on the path to full recovery. 

M8

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Did your wife ever test positive?  I know two couples where one of them tested positive and very sick and the other no symptoms and no positive test. Living in the same household, this seems odd. 

So glad you’re on the path to full recovery. 

M8

Thanks Rory I appreciate your best wishes.

Pauline had no symptoms so the NHS wouldn't test her and when my positive test result came through she was told to isolate for 14 days.

Fortunately she has had no symptoms since even though we have been together 24/7 since my symptoms started.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

Our second England lockdown ended today. Just off back to gym and then to my local Marks and Spencer,  all covid secure, masks and sanitiser at the ready 

UK have now approved Pfizer vaccine, roll out to start in a few days for care homes and health care workers

Down to the coffee shop this morning, steakhouse for lunch. We are a little way down the list for the jab, but good news for once.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Wow. Cold here in Florida. Low this morning was 42. Freeze and frost warnings for early morning tomorrow. I decided not to do my normal Wednesday Motorcycle ride tomorrow. I would’ve gone but my riding buddies said they were out. 

High 20's this morning in Ocala

20201202_073317.thumb.jpg.62d09f98a0b66705d2d14f8c7e3017fc.jpg

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Uh...oh...looks like you need to get on Amazon and buy a couple of new ice scrapers to keep in your cars now!!  😮   News this morning showed 26 degrees in Gatorland to your north.  Yikes!!  We are 41 this morning here in the swamp.  Bit of frost on neighbor's roof.  Hope our palm trees don't take a hit.  😞 

Hey..your neighborhood looks like mine...without the attached tall RV ports!  🙂 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

My sous vide arrived a couple days ago. Went with Joule. And yes, I can talk to it. 😉

Welcome to the sous vide world.  I never understood talking to a sous vide cooker, other than the cool factor (which does influence me).  You basically set a dial at a certain temp and then forget it for a couple of hours.  What's to talk about?

28 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I did not move to Florida for this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4