Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Love the security cam pictures.

Something about being able to see nature at its best.

I remember the first time I saw security cam pictures was shared by TRAINMAN.....may he RIP.

So much neat stuff being shared on this thread, and I enjoy all of it.

Stay healthy

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

I remember the first time I saw security cam pictures was shared by TRAINMAN.....may he RIP.

Stay healthy

Yes. I’ve enjoyed this Routine Day thread. I hope it lasts even when the ships sail again full steam ahead. 

M8

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Not when that old friend is McDs.  Other than their fries, I put McDonald's behind Wendy's and Burger King.  I'll take a slice of Andrew's sandwich over the McRib without even having tasted it.

And while I'm at it (this may get me blocked by some people), I don't get the cult like following for Chik-fil-A.  

I know some who love their sandwiches.  I'm so so, can make one just as good with tenders fro kroger I bake, but it's ok. 

Tbh I cant make myself go to my local Burger King for years  now, ever since the city closed them down for sanitation.    Havent been back since. Took them at least 6 months maybe longer to pass. My dad likes panda express. My parents are tiny eaters. One plate with 3 entrees we have left over when the 3 of us share it. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Stay healthy

One of Trainman's friends is keeping a continuing thread in his memory...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Not when that old friend is McDs.  Other than their fries, I put McDonald's behind Wendy's and Burger King.  I'll take a slice of Andrew's sandwich over the McRib without even having tasted it.

And while I'm at it (this may get me blocked by some people), I don't get the cult like following for Chik-fil-A.  

Sacrilege on the CFA comment. You should probably go back to Ohio.

Speaking of cult following, that's definitely the McRib

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

When I worked for Lincoln Mercury in Daytona, the founder of Chick-Fil-A (S. Truett Cathy) used to come see me to buy his Lincoln Town cars.  He always bought used, and I always called him as soon as I knew one was coming in on trade in that very clean.  He bought 4 of them over 4 years from me, and sent in friends to buy.  Very nice man, very wealthy, but also very frugal with his money. 

When he came in he would pass out stacks of free chicken sandwich coupons for our whole team.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

One of Trainman's friends is keeping a continuing thread in his memory...

Well, she's been trying to.  Not much activity the last few months and since his widow Judith doesn't participate, there's not much to post anymore.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Both of those are true.   

My former boss loves the McRib and as soon as he hears it's out, he goes and gets them.  Me, personally, I think they taste like a hotdog with bbq sauce and I don't like hot dogs.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, island lady said:

When I worked for Lincoln Mercury in Daytona, the founder of Chick-Fil-A (S. Truett Cathy) used to come see me to buy his Lincoln Town cars.  He always bought used, and I always called him as soon as I knew one was coming in on trade in that very clean.  He bought 4 of them over 4 years from me, and sent in friends to buy.  Very nice man, very wealthy, but also very frugal with his money. 

When he came in he would pass out stacks of free chicken sandwich coupons for our whole team.  😉 

I met Truett at a charity golf tournament in Atlanta.  They were friends with the owner of our company. 

He owned one of the original 80's Batmobiles.

Kept it at his office in Atlanta

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, BND said:

Both of those are true.   

My former boss loves the McRib and as soon as he hears it's out, he goes and gets them.  Me, personally, I think they taste like a hotdog with bbq sauce and I don't like hot dogs.

Good description 0n McRib

• Like 2

I had never heard of CFA until I started doing the car tours in the States. I found the sandwich and fries pretty decent. A much better option than McDonalds. I loved their sweet tea.

The entire drive through style, with humans taking drive through orders had me a bit surprised. I guess that is part of their “family style”.  LOL, sure would not work here in the winter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I met Truett at a charity golf tournament in Atlanta.  They were friends with the owner of our company. 

He owned one of the original 80's Batmobiles.

Kept it at his office in Atlanta

Definitely a nice man, was happy to meet him and kept in contact for years.  🙂  Passed away in 2014, the world lost a great guy.  I think he had a condo in Daytona Beach, can't remember, but he did spend time off and on in Daytona.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

I had never heard of CFA until I started doing the car tours in the States. I found the sandwich and fries pretty decent. A much better option than McDonalds. I loved their sweet tea.

The entire drive through style, with humans taking drive through orders had me a bit surprised. I guess that is part of their “family style”.  LOL, sure would not work here in the winter. 

They can make anything work. 😉

Failure is not an option.

Their Covid procedures were a work of art

• Like 1