Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

A much better meal than the one "prepared" by the "chef" -- 

DH - Purple sweet potato soup - tasty and special texture

soup.jpg

DH - hand made gnocchi - just excellent

gnocchi).png

and my simple chocolate cake (using 60# cacao instead of the mere 48% the "chef" used...)

20201205_215020.jpg

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 11

So many tasty looking treats.  Wish they were carb free!! 

The last couple weeks  have been  difficult for us. My husband recently lost his last remaining family member, and it is So hard   to get in the spirit of Christmas. 

Today we decided to put up one tree. We usually do 4. One live and three artificial. 

Well, it helped. 
We are storing our DD’s tree for her since she recently moved to Kentucky and the apartment has no room for a tree. 

So what better way to lift our spirits than to put up her tree with some of our ornaments. 

This year we will cherish all our memories and dream of what the future holds for us. 

Our Christmas tree. 

E88E0F97-02BE-4AE9-A8B8-21B6498638D7.jpeg

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

So many tasty looking treats.  Wish they were carb free!! 

The last couple weeks  have been  difficult for us. My husband recently lost his last remaining family member, and it is So hard   to get in the spirit of Christmas. 

Today we decided to put up one tree. We usually do 4. One live and three artificial. 

Well, it helped. 
We are storing our DD’s tree for her since she recently moved to Kentucky and the apartment has no room for a tree. 

So what better way to lift our spirits than to put up her tree with some of our ornaments. 

This year we will cherish all our memories and dream of what the future holds for us. 

Our Christmas tree. 

E88E0F97-02BE-4AE9-A8B8-21B6498638D7.jpeg

Nice tree.

Condolences to you and your husband for the loss of his last family member.

Graham.

I don’t mean to be a Grinch however.... to those of you who are placing Christmas lights/decorations in your yards, would you please avoid anything that has Red or Blue flashing lights together? Every time I come around the corner, I think it's the police and I have a panic attack. I have to brake hard, toss my wine out the window, fasten my seat belt, throw my phone on the floor, turn my radio down, and push the gun under the seat. All while trying to drive.
It's just too much drama, even for Christmas.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Oops

20201205_184210.thumb.jpg.6ac15b8cc9abd2b6e73e8df30d47a945.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 11

Today was another beautiful day in Florida, although a little cool. We played again in the parking lot (we call it the pad). Only used for parking during big events. 

Parking properly is big. More practice on high speed cornering. Some formation practice too. 

Tomorrow is Daytona HOG PLP. We have cones/patterns set up. 

AC15E20B-775A-49AF-A7CB-95E9E338EB7F.jpeg

06B6077D-BD44-4BE4-903D-B24FB98C71E6.jpeg

D603A573-3E36-4EE7-A3CD-9401A3428C92.jpeg

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I don’t mean to be a Grinch however.... to those of you who are placing Christmas lights/decorations in your yards, would you please avoid anything that has Red or Blue flashing lights together? Every time I come around the corner, I think it's the police and I have a panic attack. I have to brake hard, toss my wine out the window, fasten my seat belt, throw my phone on the floor, turn my radio down, and push the gun under the seat. All while trying to drive.
It's just too much drama, even for Christmas.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Oops

20201205_184210.thumb.jpg.6ac15b8cc9abd2b6e73e8df30d47a945.jpg

Oh the fun you have in your golf cart

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Today was another beautiful day in Florida, although a little cool. We played again in the parking lot (we call it the pad). Only used for parking during big events. 

Parking properly is big. More practice on high speed cornering. Some formation practice too. 

Tomorrow is Daytona HOG PLP. We have cones/patterns set up. 

D603A573-3E36-4EE7-A3CD-9401A3428C92.jpeg

IMG_8708.MOV IMG_8733.MOV IMG_8728.MOV IMG_8722.MOV

Road King Custom or Police Addition? Do your floor boards drag at that lean angle? 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Road King Custom or Police Addition? Do your floor boards drag at that lean angle? 

FLHP Road King Police. 

I’m due for a another set of floorboards. Edge about worn off. The one video you can hear the jiffy stand and floorboard scrapping in the turn. Most of our slow speed tight turns scrape. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Milwaukee Eight said:

FLHP Road King Police. 

I’m due for a another set of floorboards. Edge about worn off. The one video you can head the jiffy stand and floorboard scraping in the turn. Most of our slow speed tight turns scrap. 

M8

At that angle I'd really be scrapping the floorboards on my Heritage Softail Classic (FLSTCI) as the ground clearance it lower than the Road King. BTW, excellent form. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

At that angle I'd really be scrapping the floorboards on my Heritage Softail Classic (FLSTCI) as the ground clearance it lower than the Road King. BTW, excellent form. 

Thanks. Yes, the Softails are lower to the ground just as the “Specials”. I believe they are about an 1”1/2 lower. It’s much harder to make the tight slow speed maneuvers on a lower bike. Some of those low bikes make up some of that with a shorter wheelbase. 

To me and most, the Road King or Road King Police is the best bike for cones. The Electra Glide Police (Street Glide) has more weight in the front to swing the handlebars. 

We have a 2020 BMW RTP 1250 too. No floorboards to scrape. 

This is my 3rd FLHP. Love it. I ride a CVO Limited on my longer rides. 

I had a 2017 Fat Boy Special (110). Softails didn’t get the M8 motor until 2018. It sat low to the ground. 

M8

• Like 2

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Don’t leave me hanging.

Drive thrus became 3 lanes, and they had runners delivering food. Actually seemed faster than pre covid. 

Food is always hot and fresh. Peach shakes are to die for. But only available for a few months in summer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

The three of us went for a drive to look at lights tonight. 

I have more work to do.😉🎄

I found this on YouTube about a week ago. This guy from Cali lights up his house and his channel shows different light shows he has done over the years. They are for Christmas as well as Halloween. You tune your radio to a certain channel and you hear the audio. It seems as though he does 3/5 songs for each display show. I guess he has even been on one of the Christmas Light Contest Shows on TV. 

I’d love to have a set up like this at home. I’ve already been doing a bit of research. It only makes me wonder how many locals might stop after hitting to local legal pot store to take in the show. 😂 I guess we don’t need that type of attention around here. 

Who knows, you might even be able to get Alexa to run it for you.

One of the songs from his Halloween Display from this year. Totally see an Offspring song having potential at your house.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 3