Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

There is a renewing interest in chess following the "Queen's Gambit".

Our eldest [single] son teaching his nephews 😍.....

Awesome picture photo.  I remember teaching my son (now 27) to play chess.  Still one of our favorite things to do when we are together.  We have played a few virtual (online games) during the pandemic even.  It's funny, I often ask new clients if they play chess to better understand how to communicate with them. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

Restaurants in the SF Bay Area are back to takeout and delivery only as of today. No indoor or outdoor dining until January 4. :classic_sad: All "social bubbles are popped" We are really tired of it all here. :classic_sad:

I am glad that others in other states are allowed to do normal things. :classic_smile:

Hang in there, it is getting tiring, but we are in the end game. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

were you near the Red Rocks Amphitheater?     In the mid 80's (maybe 85 or 86) a bunch of us went on a road trip from PA to CO to see the Grateful Dead play at the Red Rocks.     Amazing sound and beautiful area to camp too.    Seeing these pictures remind me I need to go back and visit that area.

Were you that girl barefootin along? Whistlin and singin and carrying on?

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

There is a renewing interest in chess following the "Queen's Gambit".

Our eldest [single] son teaching his nephews 😍.....

Chess.png

We really enjoyed watching Queens Gambit.  I just purchased the book on amazon for my SIL for Christmas.  

Wonderful photo.  Love the intense looks while they learn.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

Restaurants in the SF Bay Area are back to takeout and delivery only as of today. No indoor or outdoor dining until January 4. :classic_sad: All "social bubbles are popped" We are really tired of it all here. :classic_sad:

I am glad that others in other states are allowed to do normal things. :classic_smile:

I am sure many other states will be doing more restrictions.  You are not alone.  We are all tired of this mess.

We just need to get thru the holidays and 2021 will be so much better😊

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, singinalot said:

@Domino D I just tried to create our engagement cruise and 2 of the locations aren’t found...I’m going to suggest the cruise routes too. great thinking

Yep that's what I ran into.  I love the idea and think it would be cool to hang up, but I need the cruise option. 

6 hours ago, Domino D said:

Pheww... Caught up through page 148.  Rather than punish the group with a bunch of posts and quotes because I got tied up, I am just going to leave this here. Can not make all the comments I want, as this will be long enough, but as always, I enjoyed reading

@grapau27 Graham so glad to see you up and about, and I finally saw the promised beach photo. 

@Lionesss Can't believe the Polaroid still had film with it.  My son is engaged and living in New Orleans.  We won't be seeing him this Christmas for the first time.  My wife is feeling similar and talking about moving closer after Covid. 

@A&L_Ont Great pictures as always.  Feel bad for Owen, nothing worse than a Snow Day that doesn't materialize. Loved the light show videos.  

@dani negreanu Best way to get Vitamin D has to be the beach, hope to be back there soon.  Very touched by the story about your friend, so true. 

@Sunshine3601 I hope that cats are doing well

@singinalot and @voyager70 sorry to hear the funk caught you all, glad that it passed.  My wife has been falling in that funk periodically throughout Covid, sometimes out of nowhere.  

@singinalot glad to hear that Nate's surgery is on track. He needs to be back to normal when the vaccine gets going and travel picks back up.  I will for sure check out the blogs.  Also, don't if you saw where Kara and Nate started a business Atlas.co, I have already emailed them and said that I would use if they add cruise routes.

@ReneeFLL I didn't know what those green things were either.  I thought "Cat Pads?" 

@bobmacliberty I grew up in Syracuse.  When we had snow days in high school, we drove to the mall.  Nandy Bushell was amazing.  

@island lady Thought @John&LaLa left Georgia and so did the warn weather, but saw your post about Fla cold spell, guess they didn’t take it with them.  Don't know what was more shocking, you sold Truett cars, or how long it was before @A&L_Ont heard of Chic Fil A?

@molly361 loved the float, was it a float or just an enthusiastic neighbor?

@HBE4 that Aruba picture was well.... just.... sigh.  Happy for you.  Maybe the solution to the 72 hours is stay until vaccinated?  Interesting to hear how they were handling tourism.

@John&LaLa  glad you made it back safe.  Was there any doubt you would talk to the sous vide?  Do you have to speak to it in French?  Come now, when you see flashing lights surely you tell them you are a pinnacle and drive off.  What part of the pig is a Mcrib?

@Bailey & Sophie I am banned from travelling to Cuba.  My best friend is Cuban and has told me "You are not going there".  

Thank you DominoD.

10 hours ago, Coralc said:

I am glad that others in other states are allowed to do normal things.

We're a few seconds before the 3rd lockdown... The moment shops start to reopen, the number of cases mounts every day.

I ran today to buy some kid books at the nearest shopping mall. There was a huge queue outside, just to enter. No parking. Luckily, I swapped the beach walk to mall walk....😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have been to the eye infirmary this morning for pre-op assessment of ECG,blood pressure,blood tests,eye tests, medication checks etc.

I told them I had already had covid19 and showed them a screenshot of my positive test and they said I would not need another covid19 test for at least 3 month's.

We are currently parked overlooking the sea.

16073400271991036891818359373155.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, Domino D said:

What part of the pig is a Mcrib?

🤣🤣🤣

@singinalot and @grapau27 - Thanks for posting pictures of your travels (even if just local).  Any travel is good these days and it helps me to see others doing it!

Speaking of travel, we get back in the car today to drive 12 hours to our new house on Florida.  Will spend a couple of weeks there, still getting things set up, then back to Ohio for Christmas/New Year's.  Then back to Florida in early January for about 3 or 4 months.  Then back to Ohio to sell our Ohio house.  I don't know how some of you juggle 2 houses.  Two of everything, I guess.  I'll be glad when we're in Florida full time next summer.

And I'll second (third?) the reco for Queen's Gambit.  We enjoyed it.

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

🤣🤣🤣

@singinalot and @grapau27 - Thanks for posting pictures of your travels (even if just local).  Any travel is good these days and it helps me to see others doing it!

Speaking of travel, we get back in the car today to drive 12 hours to our new house on Florida.  Will spend a couple of weeks there, still getting things set up, then back to Ohio for Christmas/New Year's.  Then back to Florida in early January for about 3 or 4 months.  Then back to Ohio to sell our Ohio house.  I don't know how some of you juggle 2 houses.  Two of everything, I guess.  I'll be glad when we're in Florida full time next summer.

Thanks.

Take care driving to Florida and your new house.

Good luck selling your house in Ohio next year.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

We're a few seconds before the 3rd lockdown... The moment shops start to reopen, the number of cases mounts every day.

I ran today to buy some kid books at the nearest shopping mall. There was a huge queue outside, just to enter. No parking. Luckily, I swapped the beach walk to mall walk....😁

Stay safe, and bake cookies.  Keep that toilet paper stash safe.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

🤣🤣🤣

Safe travels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, singinalot said:

ps I can’t believe I’m just now figuring out how to get the photos to input into my text rather than all at the bottom!

It's annoying, isn't it??

IDK how you do it, but after a lot of frustration and "scratching the head", I'm just posting all of them, then immediately hit "edit" and cut and paste every pic in its "right" place....😁

• Like 1

Yesterday was Daytona HOG Parking Lot Practice (riding skills). Riding is not practicing. 

We worked on negotiating turns with speed, braking in a turn, 90* pull outs, 140* pull outs, U Turns, Figure 8, weave, and lane change. We had a few tighter patterns set up for the more skilled rider. 

We ended the day with some slow ride competition.  Good fun. 

I had an opportunity to play with the Drone and do some Tracking. The automatic function makes the drone pilot look good. Lol. When people ask, just tell them you did all the joystick input. 😂

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 5

16 hours ago, singinalot said:

If you're not into old cemeteries, there are a couple parts to skip through.

I'm "into".... In Paris we visited Pere Lachaise and Montmartre. I'd like to visit Arlington and lay a rose on Kennedy's grave.

The helicopter "cemetery" was very moving.

• Like 1