Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

32 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Totally forgot to mention during the music conversation, but I absolutely love salsa music.  It’s why we love Boleros on RCI ships.  

The singer we are seeing tonight plays in upscale restaurants and used to play in hotels doing classic Sinatra , but he also has a large Salsa band , he told me a funny story he was playing at a place in the 1990’s and Mick Jagger walked in at the time with his Texas wife, someone asked him to play satisfaction, Jagger said don’t you dare , tipped him a hundred and ask him to play Sinatra.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Large power outage here, with over 5,000 rural customers without hydro . Thankfully the automatic farm generator kicked in for our place. My mom was going to bed and Sharon was retiring for the evening as well.  That means I didn’t have to go and turn on their generators.  Power should be back by midnight. 🤞

Big day tomorrow.

• Mom goes back to the DR to check her eyes.
  • It’s Owen’s birthday, the big 14.

I hope Owen is having a wonderful before day🥰

• Like 1

21 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Most of it is built in to the house so it's functioning devices😉

Who crawled up your ass?

The only thing that doesn't get used is the Roomba, and I have been experimenting with it lately

I love my roomba.  I have had one for 6+/- yrs and got an upgraded one for christmas that empties itself.  I can control it from an app so I can vacuum up cat hair while I'm on a cruise!!😺

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It is currently 50°F and raining.

We called at the florist this morning and Pauline ordered flowers to be delivered to a lifelong friend of hers whose brother aged 62 died suddenly on Monday night of a heart attack while in hospital with a brain tumour.

We have been to a shopping outlet near Newcastle cruise terminal where we both had fish and chips then we  popped down to see the P&O ship Azura which we will be sailing on in the fall of 2022 from Tenerife.

IMG_20210505_134347.jpg

IMG_20210505_134453.jpg

I'm just catching up from today's posts.  So sorry to hear of Paulines loss.  

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Because you live in the North part of the country.  Here it is 73 and will be 84 by the weekend.  I think it is time for a beach day.

That is because I never really spent any time in Fla.I was in Orlando for a port stop on a cruise and it was stormy.I only spent about 20 minutes outside.I was in Ft,Lauderdale to take a cruise and was outside for about 10 minutes.

35 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm wondering the same thing.  I'm not going to see 70 degrees here for another 9 days.  High of 51 with rain on Sunday.  I might need to put on a jacket and I don't know if I have enough long pants.  I miss Florida.  ☹️

We wore sweatshirts here today.

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

It probably doesn’t but the older you get you realize that your time on the planet if you are healthy is less and if you have medical problems it is even less.

I agree. I have a compromised immune system, hope to get back on the cruiseship soon.

Sidney

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SidneyHuff1950 said:

I agree. I have a compromised immune system, hope to get back on the cruiseship soon.

Sidney

Everyone here except new people like you know about my medical issues,13 in all including 2 for which there is no cure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

I asked you yesterday where you play pickle ball .Just curious .

I am sorry, I did not see the message. I like playing at pickle and par, they seem to have the best courts. But my group tells me we can play at almost any tennis court, and there are lots around.

Sidney

13 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@A&L_Ont

Happy birthday to the "Qinco de Mayo" lad 🌷

Happy Birthday to Owen and hope all went well with your mom.

11 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

He says thanks. He got to open a gift before breakfast, a signed puck by his favourite players. 

Just dropped my mom at her eye check-up. She has her list of questions. 

1 minute ago, SidneyHuff1950 said:

I am sorry, I did not see the message. I like playing at pickle and par, they seem to have the best courts. But my group tells me we can play at almost any tennis court, and there are lots around.

Sidney

Would that be Cedar Creek Park ?

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Everyone here except new people like you know about my medical issues,13 in all including 2 for which there is no cure.

13, I am sorry to hear that. My doctor says my big issue is my immune system. I dropped some weight and make sure to eat healthy to help, but it only helps a little.

Sidney

• Like 1

11 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It is currently 50°F and raining.

We called at the florist this morning and Pauline ordered flowers to be delivered to a lifelong friend of hers whose brother aged 62 died suddenly on Monday night of a heart attack while in hospital with a brain tumour.

We have been to a shopping outlet near Newcastle cruise terminal where we both had fish and chips then we  popped down to see the P&O ship Azura which we will be sailing on in the fall of 2022 from Tenerife.

IMG_20210505_134347.jpg

Seeing the Azura must make it even harder since you can’t get on her. 

• Like 2

Just now, SidneyHuff1950 said:

13, I am sorry to hear that. My doctor says my big issue is my immune system. I dropped some weight and make sure to eat healthy to help, but it only helps a little.

Sidney

I have Parkinson’s and was going for therapy but one of my problems is Neuropathy and I lose feeling in my feet and I fall. I have had 36 falls .Even though exercise would be good for me it is not something that I can do that easily.

• Like 1