Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

One of Portland most visited spot is the Multnomah’s Fall. Oregon has a lot of water falls and trails.  You can easily spend one plus day exploring the trails and the various waterfalls.

Listed as one of the top 10 Waterfalls in the US:

https://www.world-of-waterfalls.com/top-10-us-waterfalls/

20160810_162124_hq.thumb.jpg.0b3a997f950890b771d3339bcb08b446.jpg

IMG_0918_hq.thumb.JPG.7e8ee205ec63f91aa6d7b0d13b22f843.JPG

View from the bridge on the top of the hill

IMG_0871_hq.thumb.JPG.968f8d50d414820f2a355ba993c242a6.JPG

Looking down below

IMG_5880_hq.thumb.JPG.e31adf20877c1afd34fc9afc29055cba.JPG

IMG_0750_hq.thumb.JPG.776cf762745030a8da9d2607b3fbae2e.JPG

All the waterfalls are along the Columbia River

IMG_0706_hq.thumb.JPG.9841ea54e07c9e8c51245769f69f84a3.JPG

20160810_141450.thumb.jpg.9080a203170706b0c73422ba8d8adb7e.jpg

IMG_0673_hq.thumb.JPG.90e6203beaf455c4463c750aa3512f03.JPG

We have been to the Falls, also that round building high up on the mountain where I think you can see  like 3 states. Went to Voo Doo Donut shop also but the line was nothing like you saw we walked right in. We went to Cannon Beach to where some of the beach scenes from the Twilight Movie were filmed. Another movie spot we saw was the "Gonnies House"

• Like 2

On 8/23/2021 at 7:32 AM, Ocean Boy said:

I called my house this morning and the answering machine picked up so the power came back over night.

Here are some pictures I took if the Atlantic around 7PM last night when I went home to get my toothbrush and some clothes.

All and all the storm was a PITA but I've seen much worse.

20210822_193625.thumb.jpg.aa641897a98854aa38f2d2c8c8b6f7b3.jpg20210822_193619.thumb.jpg.861d8db945c3e0d49b1ac685cc8dcef9.jpg20210822_193606.thumb.jpg.9b5fa759f68d596bdc5fc8a70a7f54c7.jpg20210822_193540.thumb.jpg.092d896fce8b354421d27b7694e5cbf4.jpg

That was the same thing I used to do during the rare times we had to evacuate (being on a barrier island).   Call the house to see if answering machine picked up.  Not only let me know power was back on, but that the house was still there.  😮😉 

For years now, due to doing so much traveling, we "cut the cord" and don't have a home phone any longer.  Would have to text the neighbor, who we pay to watch our house, to see if there was power or damage.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

There's a limit on how wide your monitor should be when you have 3 of them as the wider you have them, the more you have to whip your neck back and forth when you have info on the far right and far left.

Sometimes you would be working on the far right monitor and a pop up window shows up on the far left and you keep wondering what's going on...

Although a 3rd monitor is good for meetings as you can have one for meetings and two other multi tasking...

At work I used to have two monitors, one with a split screen making it like 3 monitors.  Made it much easier to do my work and took no time at all the get used to it.

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

It's still a "seller's" market right now, even up here, but not nearly as bad as the feeding frenzy in Florida! 😮 

Prices are still too high.  My unprofessional guess...the market will turn next year...hopefully more buyer friendly by then.  

Very much a seller's market.  In TX (Dallas area) and NY (Rockland County) most who sold were offered more than their listing price.  Very much a feeding frenzy,  Most I talk to sold their homes in less than a week.

Keep enjoying your new beautiful rental.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I took a walk around the neighborhood yesterday. The number of generators that I heard could probably light up New York City.

We were like that, with a portable generator to run essentials, before we bought the land yacht.  Same thing with hearing generators all over the neighborhood 24/7.  We were without power for 2 weeks that one time!  😮  After that, never needed it, sold it, when we bought the RV.  

Was sure happy to have a large natural gas grill/burner outside on the pool deck!  Lost electric, but not the natural gas flow.  

11 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Same here… I can’t react and the screen is sort of “dancing” — log in, log out … weird ☹️ The “dancing” is a first 😎

I thought the dancing was just my iPhone  be quirky.  Also intermittently unable to reply to posts. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Looks like my current home office.  Micheline and I each have our own folding table for a computer desk.  We have plans to add built in cabinets to make the office look nice but like everything else these days, it will be 6 months+ before the cabinets can be delivered and installed.  ☹️

IMG_7518.thumb.jpg.cd9f9a1c0dc21ebb323d99bdd31aba64.jpg

Computer rendering of the planned office.  We haven't finalized on color, pulls, or countertop.  We will likely match other parts of the house.  This is just the default used by the cabinet company for a 3D layout.  Model cruise ships will be on some of the open shelves.

IMG_7519.thumb.jpg.911745693c0621a8d9a91ff4bcaedfd6.jpg

Nice plan!!  Same thing with us...took months to get the cabinets we ordered for our new bathroom.  I know it will be the same for the office.  

With having Rhapsody B2B cancelled on us for Feb./March next year...we are going to keep that space open and free of traveling to hopefully get done what we need to for remodeling our office as well.  Tear out nasty carpet, put down "wood look" tile first thing, plus painting, and replacing the window.  Then...the long...long..long wait for the office cabinets.  Guess I better order them a year in advance.  😉 

17 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

Very nice. That's some serious bit of furniture you will have once set up.  

I went the cheap route and got mine at Office Depot and took an entire Saturday to assemble it as it came in 2 huge boxes and a whole bunch of steps to put it together.

20200823_145811.thumb.jpg.2579b1e1be6896d4b1620e1fc0f47614.jpg

LOL...same thing here.  Ordered my desk we have in there now through Amazon.  It's huge, and had that same box of parts to assemble.  What a PITA!!!  😖

We took two days to do it, since Bucky's patience ran out after the first few hours of frustration, turning him into "Mr. Grouchy" man.  😮  I needed to get a Rum drink in him fast to recover from the illness.   Then start up again fresh the next morning.  😉 

Edited by island lady

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

My rule is to be in the gate area sitting no less than 1 hour before my flight leaves. I love to just soak everything in that this is the start of something good.

Good rule.  While traveling on business, I had a few flights in a row where I arrived at the gate after boarding had started. Too much stress.  I now also want to leave plenty of extra time for something to go wrong.  Micheline and I don't seem to think the same way about this.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

Heading south along the coast for a little calmer beach activity at Cannon Beach.  Massive rock and flat beach front.  Too cold for swimming even in August but walking along the beach is nice

IMG_0998_hq.thumb.JPG.b59f3a72c535901542433b702d9ef8b1.JPG

20160811_161231.thumb.jpg.61f6a7d13c40a0ce56474e5d6a29b9cc.jpg

20160811_165224_hq.thumb.jpg.ccd23912c7b47c8fb240dd78e52fe31b.jpg

IMG_1024_hq.thumb.JPG.cc6b8a3c7c96cdb55fbf6e72c7d79bc6.JPG

IMG_1019_hq.thumb.JPG.2cc688762e93c2c76a01217e40759cc5.JPG

IMG_5907_hq.thumb.JPG.6d9f7589c3d2fd204afc4367405e02f3.JPG

I see rocks.  😁

16 hours ago, cruisingpeople said:

We will be in Kaanapali for 2 weeks starting in mid-September. We've gone there every 5 years for our Anniversary since 1991. The Tiki Bar at our hotel has had the same 2 bartenders, Tom & Dale, since before we started going there. From what I've heard, (Dale, whom I believe is 79), was still there as of January of this year. It would be great to be able to see him again.

Our planned trip to Maui and the big island for our 25th anniversary this year was cancelled due to Covid restrictions just after I booked it the year before.   😞   

Hopefully will be there in spring 2023, as a final leg on our Aussie/NZ/TP cruise.  Will "jump ship" to stay in Hawaii for 3-4 weeks instead of staying on to Vancouver.  

• Like 3

15 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

We've been on an overnight in Kauai, which gave us the opportunity to tour without worrying about missing the ship in the evening.

We found Kauai the most beautiful of the islands we visited during the cruise (overnight in Maui, BI and Kuna).

The Waimea canyon is simply breathtaking.

When we left Kauai, the ship cruised slowly along the Na'apali coast. Again - I'm at loss of words -- sheer beauty.

Waimea canyon

DSC_1327.JPG

DSC_1329 (1280x853).jpg

DSC_1330.JPG

DSC_1334.JPG

Na'apali coast

DSC_1469.JPG

DSC_1476.JPG

I think I hear the helicopter from Jurassic park coming in!!  😉 

Beautiful photos!!  Sigh..wish we could have made it out there this year.  

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

It has been rainy here, on and off, all day. It is time for Henri to move on.

Henri came up here to Maine to visit us starting late yesterday afternoon.  Lots of rain all night and into this morning, but no wind and no power loss.  

Good morning to check up on CC.  🙂 

11 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Funny the same thing runs through my mind. My wife could never understand why I want to leave to go to the airport hours before a flight. I always say to plan for the unexpected. I don't have a problem sitting and relaxing at the gate.

Ditto to that!  I am always early to any appointment as well.  Don't like last minute rushing around, or stressing on the way to go somewhere.  😮 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, island lady said:

For years now, due to doing so much traveling, we "cut the cord" and don't have a home phone any longer.

We did the same thing.  Cell phones only.  Seeing you write this made me think whether or not our house even has a phone jack.  I just looked around...no jacks anywhere.  Previous owners must have built the house with cell phones only in mind. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning everyone.

I thought I was the only one not able to see photos or like.

Last night we had a lovely meal in the restaurant we were in on our anniversary night.

Scallops starters for us both.

Cheese soufflé main for Pauline and beef for me.

Cheeseboard each for Deserts.

Take care everyone.

Graham.

IMG_20210823_183823.jpg

IMG_20210823_182215.jpg

IMG_20210823_183829.jpg

IMG_20210823_194319.jpg

IMG_20210823_194745.jpg

OMG!!  That meal looks soooo yummy!!  Drool.....

We  made it home safely by 10:30am and missed the headache of Cincinnati traffic.

It was a very easy drive home in great sunny conditions.

Upon arrival home, unloaded car, and then did a nice healthy nap for about one and half hour.

Got up grocery store, unpacked and started washing all the clothes. 

Our next adventure will be on the Symphony of the Seas in October.

And I must comment

All the detailed commentary and updates from Harryfat1 are awesome!!!

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 7

47 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

At work I used to have two monitors, one with a split screen making it like 3 monitors.  Made it much easier to do my work and took no time at all the get used to it.

Very much a seller's market.  In TX (Dallas area) and NY (Rockland County) most who sold were offered more than their listing price.  Very much a feeding frenzy,  Most I talk to sold their homes in less than a week.

Keep enjoying your new beautiful rental.  

Thanks!  Nice to be back to clean and modern again.  😉  

Yeah, in Florida....the community I live in sells houses in hours!  The bidding war starts right away.  One section that has the larger homes, a house went for 100K over asking price!!  That is just insane!!  😮 

The realtor we are currently working with right now, had a bid of over 55K for another couple she represented up here...they didn't win the bid.  Wow.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

Well the long all day drive out to 3 homes for sale yesterday, that looked good with description and pictures...never seems to be "in person".  And they were not.  One was OK on location, but cheaply built and had no garage.  The next one was "house nightmare" just gross, unkept, and stunk something awful.  The third had a beautiful location on the pretty lake, and nice yard.  Looked good from the outside, and was clean inside...but way too tiny.  (Pictures must have been wide screen shot to make it look bigger).  

Sooo..it looks like next year for us...but that's OK...has been an interesting hunt and have narrowed in on local areas we prefer, type of home, and set up.  Know more of what we want now.  Research is good.  😉 

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We did the same thing.  Cell phones only.  Seeing you write this made me think whether or not our house even has a phone jack.  I just looked around...no jacks anywhere.  Previous owners must have built the house with cell phones only in mind. 

My brother recently visited and was surprised we still had home phone and still have newspaper delivered. 

• Like 2