Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

55 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

A cotton candy machine in Windjammer?

Is that new? I wonder how many ships have them. 
It’s just as well if I don’t know about them. I’d be walking around with a sticky face. But hopefully not every day!

It was brand new to me too!     It was not on the Anthem when we sailed in January but it was on our b2b.   They brought out it for lunch only.    I definitely had sticky fingers.     Something new they were also doing during lunch in WJ was a guy came around with a cart serving various flavors of ice cream with Sprinkles too!   I try to avoid deserts at lunch time but couldn't resist their strawberry ice cream.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Sounds like you had a really bad agent that is not up with the times on the house market's of today.

Feel sorry for you to be dealing with an agent like that.

Hope you never recommend that agent to any of your friends.

Some agents just want a quick sale so they can get their commission fast.

This is what you should do if I was you, just tell the agent you are only going to give the agent the commission to her/him for that sale price that the agent wanted to sell if for . I want not give any extra to  a agent that miss prices your house by so much.

This would be a good way for the agent learn how to price houses!

Plus some agents are desperate for money since so few homes for sale these days and far too many realtors in some markets.     Competition is fierce.    We are constantly receiving phone calls and flyers in the mail if we want to sell our home.   

I am actually surprised their realtor was under pricing the home, most are pushing for the max and most sell for higher than list price.  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Afternoon pool foam party was on today’s schedule. 

3A8D2465-3CBA-443A-B060-2E5E30CD9EE3.thumb.jpeg.e24fd338888ef01d342e9216c804d1ff.jpeg

What is Foam made out of, you would think if it was soap that would mess up the composition of the pool water. If so it would leave a soap scum on the sides of the pool at the water line.

Sounds like a mess.

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

Have you seen the series , this is gonna hurt, think its a BBC series so not sure if it's been shown in other countries yet.

Billed as a comedy drama set in an NHS maternity ward. It is actually more drama than comedy and is based on a book written by a doctor on his personal experience. 

This Is Going to Hurt https://g.co/kgs/FdShu6

Not sure I would want to watch that series even though I watch a lot of medical drama tv series this one sounds disturbing to me. 

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

Had a great day out yesterday at my second favourite beach,  Bournemouth. We usually park half way down the

beach in one of the Chines leading to the beach and then walk towards Poole.  There's a great doggy friendly beachside cafe and this time of year dogs are allowed on the beach.

20220409_141008.thumb.jpg.9dce637f23069e2f09a086f72d9ab22c.jpg

Here you can see The Isle of Wight. 

Southampton is just down the coast and if you sail from Southampton you pass by IOW on the way to the ocean

20220409_154444.thumb.jpg.adfc6e171ef5bdad9f0e24d00e2bb0c9.jpg

20220409_141220.thumb.jpg.b6d94b8d52e040da1166230f86c89300.jpg

molly totally fixated on her ball, her favourite game

20220409_140950_resized.thumb.jpg.53bb0ae8d67ccb6b659a3b0250cb911f.jpg

looks like a lovely area.     Is this near your home?

15 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

What is Foam made out of, you would think if it was soap that would mess up the composition of the pool water. If so it would leave a soap scum on the sides of the pool at the water line.

Sounds like a mess.

sounds like a mess for them to clean, but sure looks like a lot of fun!!

22 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was just watching the news and I have a question for our British friend's on this thread..... does Boris Johnson own a hair brush?

I visited London in the early 90s and was amazed that nobody seemed to care about what their hair looked like. 

All it took was one visit to The Tube (subway) to understand the wind tunnel effect that made any hairstyles other than shiny-bald completely temporary!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Sounds like a mess.

It’s a special type of pool safe bubble. They do it every Saturday so if there was to be problem it should have happened long ago. 

52 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

sounds like a mess for them to clean, but sure looks like a lot of fun!!

It sure was a lot of fun. 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Afternoon pool foam party was on today’s schedule. 

3A8D2465-3CBA-443A-B060-2E5E30CD9EE3.thumb.jpeg.e24fd338888ef01d342e9216c804d1ff.jpeg

You remind me of Mr. Foam on Below Deck. Looks fun. Cheers to you and Lisa.

13 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We had a dinner at Sandals equal to Chops. Sideways food pics will have to work. To lazy to crop them, to upright them.  Salad to represent the vegetarians.  I had the pumpkin soup, and the oysters Rockefeller.  No pics of them.

We had to many sides to note, but thought I’d feature the lobster mac and cheese. 
Ribeye.
T bone. 
We split the Oreo cheesecake with nutmeg ice cream. 

Looks awesome how was the Lobster Mac-n-Cheese? Did it have good size lobster chunks in it?

13 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Really Ken, they are just tomatoes!  😂 

i thought the same thing. With that equipment you could grow some interesting plants. 

7 hours ago, sgmn said:

molly totally fixated on her ball, her favourite game

20220409_140950_resized.thumb.jpg.53bb0ae8d67ccb6b659a3b0250cb911f.jpg

Beautiful Molly!

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

But you must realize she was  a hoarder, and lived through the depression and threw nothing away.

There were pathways in the basement with stuff stacked to the ceiling.

Settling an estate is never easy. Luckily my parents had a detailed will and my Brother and I split everything down the middle.

I can relate to the hoarder thing. Linda's brother who lives in Linda's mom's house has a girlfriend who is a hoarder living with him. The house is full of stuff. He is not in good health so when he dies Linda and I will be stuck with the house and all the crap in it. We will probably hire someone to haul it out. It's so disgusting to walk into there.

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Then, every thing went to probate.

That's a real pain.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Kylar get's His Revenge.

Finally got their shenanigans on video. For the most part Kylar tolerates Charlie but on this day he was getting tired of Charlie sticking his nose in Kylar's business.

• Like 12
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I have an EXIF app on my phone that lets you delete location data for a photo.  

I sample uploaded a horizontal and a vertical photo.  The one shot in landscape mode uploaded correctly, but the portrait mode picture uploaded sideways. 

When I looked at the data, the portrait shot listed the orientation as 6.  I then used my method of rotating the photo 90 degrees and saving, then rotating 3 more times to bring it back to the original orientation. Doing this, it changed the orientation to 1 in the EXIF. 

Original EXIF 

CA920E44-CD58-49FA-BD91-D69D66F31AF5.thumb.png.7c0d48744c75c2b522c9cbba1316bbbc.png

Rotated 4 positions EXIF 

C5FCE290-DECF-4C95-8DD1-56E3B05F34E6.thumb.png.ab9e39edcac2c3f4f5c385d3998c4af9.png

Photo after rotating 4 positions. 

7C268761-9221-4416-9F3A-FB46F45F7F83.thumb.jpeg.872095d0b391b502aac57433e01a61c9.jpeg

Now I am confused as to why the orientation flag changes when you rotate 4 times, to essentially have the same portrait view without cropping. 

Found this article which describes EXIF values for various orientations. 
https://sirv.com/help/articles/rotate-photos-to-be-upright/#exif-orientation-values

according to that article, your original version portrait image should not have had a value of 6, which is landscape. Not sure either why rotating 4 times changed it to 1. Strange. Maybe it’s something with a recent phone update rather than a CC issue?  Have we confirmed that the problem exists for both iPhones and Androids?? I’ll try posting a couple shots with my iPhone. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

My guess (really a WAG)...something changed with CC such that it's not reading the picture metadata correctly.  The picture orientation (portrait vs landscape) is stored in the metadata (among a lot of other info) so that programs that view the picture know how to present it properly.  It seems like CC is confused by portrait pictures and thinks they need to be rotated to be viewed properly.  Somehow, doing the crop and save thing, causes the metadata to change such that CC reads it correctly.  I was going to try experimenting with an EXIF viewer but I ran out of time.  Here's a link to an online EXIF viewer if anyone else wants to try.  Insert a web link of a picture here and you should see the data.

Jeffrey Friedl's Image Metadata Viewer (regex.info)

Agree.  Your explanation is good.  CC will have to inform the programmer to get it fixed.  Once pointed out it shouldn’t be a hard fix since it was working before updates.

We are onboard Harmony!  Cabins were not supposed to be available until 2:00 but were open at 1:00. Here’s the same ugly view from our balcony shot in both portrait and landscape to see how the pics load on an iPhone. 

Portrait (loaded incorrectly)

46136927-72E9-4976-912D-FE6800383764.thumb.jpeg.a78a47e4d0fe32daa44261b9aab3d743.jpeg

Landscape (loaded correctly)

7B1E8AF2-4186-43F7-918C-A1035B0CDB2A.thumb.jpeg.f37b98adfbacfede4f0274b50570d6af.jpeg

• Like 12

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

They look great. From everything I've been reading it is best to use pro mode in low light conditions and adjust the settings to your liking rather than use dark mode. They say dark mode lightens the photos too much.

I have tried dark mode and didn’t like it.  It basically overexposed the pic.  I like pro mode.  You probably will want to play around with it before the next cruise.  You will love it for sunrise and sunset pics.

• Like 2

I tried looking at the exif data for the portrait photo that did not upload correctly. I have an app called EXIF Metadata. It showed the orientation as “normal”. Not very helpful. 

Enough playing with my phone. Time to go get a traditional sail away day Miami Vice. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We are onboard Harmony!  Cabins were not supposed to be available until 2:00 but were open at 1:00. Here’s the same ugly view from our balcony shot in both portrait and landscape to see how the pics load on an iPhone. 

46136927-72E9-4976-912D-FE6800383764.thumb.jpeg.a78a47e4d0fe32daa44261b9aab3d743.jpeg

7B1E8AF2-4186-43F7-918C-A1035B0CDB2A.thumb.jpeg.f37b98adfbacfede4f0274b50570d6af.jpeg

Welcome aboard! Have a great time. As I asked if John see if you can get a espresso martini made with Remy Martin Cognac . I think you will like it.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Kylar get's His Revenge.

Finally got their shenanigans on video. For the most part Kylar tolerates Charlie but on this day he was getting tired of Charlie sticking his nose in Kylar's business.

Charlie sure hasn't learned when to back down yet.      Have they reached the point where they can snuggle together?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Excellent!    Nice clear blue sky.    Have a great cruise 🤩

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Your plants look really good too!     I have never done the math on the cost of everything that goes into gardening.    I love it too much to know the actual $$ amount.     Just think of all the money we save not having to buy at produce store🥰

Still quite chilly here this morning but plan on getting outside to at least do some clean up.    

The last few years I keep expanding and think, cost now but will not cost much next year and then I expand some more.  😂 

The taste of fresh tomatoes and the smile on neighbors makes it worthwhile.

It’s close to 80 now but very windy.  Just now it blew so hard I thought someone was at the front door.  Seconds later I heard a loud thump.  Starting Tomorrow we are supposed to have 3 day of heavy rain and lots of strong winds.  Looks like I will plant Thursday.  Be ready, you will probably get this rain a couple days later.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Found this article which describes EXIF values for various orientations. 
https://sirv.com/help/articles/rotate-photos-to-be-upright/#exif-orientation-values

according to that article, your original version portrait image should not have had a value of 6, which is landscape. Not sure either why rotating 4 times changed it to 1. Strange. Maybe it’s something with a recent phone update rather than a CC issue?  Have we confirmed that the problem exists for both iPhones and Androids?? I’ll try posting a couple shots with my iPhone. 

It appears both are doing it.

9 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

The last few years I keep expanding and think, cost now but will not cost much next year and then I expand some more.  😂 

The taste of fresh tomatoes and the smile on neighbors makes it worthwhile.

It’s close to 80 now but very windy.  Just now it blew so hard I thought someone was at the front door.  Seconds later I heard a loud thump.  Starting Tomorrow we are supposed to have 3 day of heavy rain and lots of strong winds.  Looks like I will plant Thursday.  Be ready, you will probably get this rain a couple days later.

Yes, I love sharing with my neighbors!    I know which neighbors want cucumbers or zucchini, which ones want eggplant, etc. etc.    My hopes of going outside to do garden clean-up / prep were stopped when I walked outside and felt how cold the wind is today.    Was nice and sunny this morning and now looks like we will have a quick shower.     Oh well, I'll get out there another day. 

We seem to be about 1 to 2 days behind whatever weather you get.   

I am making a big pot of beef stew and while cutting carrots and celery I took a bite of celery and swallowed then took a bite of some carrot and quickly spit it out as I remembered I am not allowed to eat today.    Prep day.   

Just starting drinking my mixture of miralax and gatorade and took 4 ducolax.    Let the fun begin!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, I love sharing with my neighbors!    I know which neighbors want cucumbers or zucchini, which ones want eggplant, etc. etc.    My hopes of going outside to do garden clean-up / prep were stopped when I walked outside and felt how cold the wind is today.    Was nice and sunny this morning and now looks like we will have a quick shower.     Oh well, I'll get out there another day. 

We seem to be about 1 to 2 days behind whatever weather you get.   

I am making a big pot of beef stew and while cutting carrots and celery I took a bite of celery and swallowed then took a bite of some carrot and quickly spit it out as I remembered I am not allowed to eat today.    Prep day.   

Just starting drinking my mixture of miralax and gatorade and took 4 ducolax.    Let the fun begin!

Sounds like it's going to turn  into a ***** show at your house.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Charlie sure hasn't learned when to back down yet.      Have they reached the point where they can snuggle together?

They have laid close to one another but never snuggled. I would be a very happy camper if they did.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Kylar get's His Revenge.

Watching the video was great, but the sound effects put it over the top. I thought I was watching an animal version of Moe & Larry without Curly joining in.🤣😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 3