Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

He arrived on time (big plus considering what we have dealing with trying to get our regular guy here).   Unfortunately, he recommends we get a new unit installed as there are a couple issues with the current AC    

This expense along with the fact we are going to have a new roof installed (working on estimates this week).     Homeownership is a Joy🙃

I hear your pain, Debbie.  Last year we had to replace the entire chimney, and prior to that, we had the front steps replaced, as well as the brick around the front door and balcony had to be replaced.

On a good note, we bought tickets for the Play "Steel Pier" at the Surflight Theater in your neck of the woods in LBI😊

• Like 3

4 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

We adopted a new puppy a couple weeks ago; she had a slight limp at the shelter that was improving in our home.  Then a few days ago she had a setback, walking on 3 paws, so we brought her to the vet for xrays.  Vet told us yesterday she suffered trauma at some point in her past that had probably been temporarily fixed but would now require surgery.  Was groaning about the costs, but then a friend sent this:

image.png.68078b7b2b3924ca90b474813d8f1160.png

“No more lonely cold nights or hearing that I'm bad

No more growling belly from the meals I never had.

No more scorching sunshine with a water bowl that's dry.

No more complaining neighbors about the noise when I cry.

No more hearing "shut up", "get down" or "get out of here"!

No more feeling disliked, only peace is in the air.

Euthanasia is a blessing, though some still can't see

Why I was ever born If I weren't meant to be.

My last day of living was the best I ever had.

Someone held me very close; I could see she was very sad.

I kissed the lady's face, and she hugged me as she cried.

I wagged my tail to thank her, and then I closed my eyes and died……"

Author unknown

This is so sad but also the reason I want to foster Hospice dogs.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We adopted a new puppy a couple weeks ago; she had a slight limp at the shelter that was improving in our home.  Then a few days ago she had a setback, walking on 3 paws, so we brought her to the vet for xrays.  Vet told us yesterday she suffered trauma at some point in her past that had probably been temporarily fixed but would now require surgery.  Was groaning about the costs, but then a friend sent this:

Author unknown

This brings tears to my eyes.     There are far too many animals out there needing a loving caring home.     Pleased to hear you have adopted a rescue puppy and will be helping them live life to the fullest.     Best wishes for a successful surgery with a quick recovery to the puppy.   The unconditional love you will receive for many years to come will be well worth it.  🥰

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

The place we used was called "Forgotten Tails" that takes dogs from shelters where they face euthanasia.  They may well be a private organization.  They told us Alfie came from a shelter in a rural county west of Richmond.  

Alfie's picture posted below, I think she was winking at me (its only money!)

image.jpeg.3827a0793ff110ff60d7a43bd0fa47d3.jpeg

Alfie is adorable 🥰

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

On a good note, we bought tickets for the Play "Steel Pier" at the Surflight Theater in your neck of the woods in LBI😊

When are your tickets for?    Last year we went to the Addams Family play and really enjoyed.   It is a great little theater.     We also enjoy going to the ice cream parlor next door the ShowPlace.    https://www.surflight.org/showplace

Author unknown

Thank you for adopting a rescue dog and providing the medical care needed.

Alfie will repay you with lots of love.🐾❤️

Edited by Vibe
  • Like 7

Hi all. Just returned from Liberty of the Seas, 9 nights from Cape Liberty NJ to Bermuda, Labadee, and two stops in the Dominican Republic. First Liberty sailing from NJ since I think 2015. Our first experience with this class. 

Loved having the Viking Crown.

We did not find the new MDR menus as bad as described in other threads. Missed the Apple Blossom dessert. Appetizers were good and managed to find an acceptable entree each evening. My husband's food could have been hotter a couple times. Ate dinner 5 nights in MDR, 3 specialty, 1 Windjammer. All breakfasts and lunches in Windjammer.

Saturday Night Fever was outstanding.  This coming from people who do not enjoy most shows. Also loved the ice show (we went twice). 

Had one disappointing excursion (Saona Island from La Romana, DR.) 

Unfortunately, debarkation was lengthy and chaotic. Did not matter for us as we only had about a 45 minute drive home. Felt bad for others.

Departure:

20230504_153551.thumb.jpg.f499fce93f09ec85671ce775aea917e6.jpg

Arriving at Bermuda:

20230506_055549.thumb.jpg.191ab70363514d5fe9c27edee89db4cd.jpg

Arriving home:

20230513_063331.thumb.jpg.7423f7e5005d64c616eadc9159fb6f5f.jpg

• Like 24

2 minutes ago, mets07 said:

Hi all. Just returned from Liberty of the Seas, 9 nights from Cape Liberty NJ to Bermuda, Labadee, and two stops in the Dominican Republic. First Liberty sailing from NJ since I think 2015. Our first experience with this class. 

Loved having the Viking Crown.

We did not find the new MDR menus as bad as described in other threads. Missed the Apple Blossom dessert. Appetizers were good and managed to find an acceptable entree each evening. My husband's food could have been hotter a couple times. Ate dinner 5 nights in MDR, 3 specialty, 1 Windjammer. All breakfasts and lunches in Windjammer.

Saturday Night Fever was outstanding.  This coming from people who do not enjoy most shows. Also loved the ice show (we went twice). 

Had one disappointing excursion (Saona Island from La Romana, DR.) 

Unfortunately, debarkation was lengthy and chaotic. Did not matter for us as we only had about a 45 minute drive home. Felt bad for others.

Departure:

20230504_153551.thumb.jpg.f499fce93f09ec85671ce775aea917e6.jpg

Arriving at Bermuda:

20230506_055549.thumb.jpg.191ab70363514d5fe9c27edee89db4cd.jpg

Arriving home:

20230513_063331.thumb.jpg.7423f7e5005d64c616eadc9159fb6f5f.jpg

Nice!!    How was weather in Bermuda this time of year?    The earliest we have been there was end of May and it was quite nice but water was still a tad chilly.    

8 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We were originally planning on going to LBI this weekend but have had trouble with our central AC at our home in PA.    The HVAC guy we have been using for years has had a lot of personal issues in the past year and has been unreliable and never shows up and when he does show up he says a bunch of ideas that could fix the problem but has not resolved the problem so today we had a new guy come to our home.     He is highly recommended on our local Nextdoor neighbor app and lives 2 streets from us.      

He arrived on time (big plus considering what we have dealing with trying to get our regular guy here).   Unfortunately, he recommends we get a new unit installed as there are a couple issues with the current AC and he could be chasing after parts and by the time he is done with what may be wrong the answer may be to just replace it.     So we decided today just install a new unit.    Opted for a 16 seer 3-ton high efficiency unit that will be installed this coming week.     

This expense along with the fact we are going to have a new roof installed (working on estimates this week).     Homeownership is a Joy🙃

Understand completely, We have to replace our brand new Z-Line 36" Gas Range, only used it about 5 months. First thing that happened with it before we even installed it there was a recall on it after we bought it, it sat in the garage about 4 months before it was installed.

They did the recall , changed the orifice in the botttom of the oven because it gave off fumes they said.

So we never used it with the bad orifice, but what they did was put a smaller orifice in it.............So now when we try to use it it takes for every to preheat...........We like making homemade pizza in the oven with a stone............Set it on 500 degrees and it takes 90 minutes to get up to 500.

Also on the Z-line, we didn't like that cooling fan that comes on when the oven heats up, it throws out a lot of hot air out the front of the oven and is very loud which we didn't like either.

Top burners on the stove were fine, very happy with those.

Repair guy  came out a 3rd time and they replaced the thermostat..........still doesn't work right.......They wanted to send out another repair company, I said no way, we have been dealing with this since March,. trouble shooting over the phone and everything.

Since it was still under warranty I told them I want our money back, I'm tired of dealing with this range. To tell you the truth I think it will never heat up right with the smaller orifice in it.

So  I demanded a refund, finally got them to agree so we will be getting $3500 refunded to us to buy another range directly from Z-Line. They are sending out a freight company to pick it up. So I unhooked it and it's not sitting back out in the garage waiting for pick up.

We can use the stove down stairs now until we find another for upstairs kitchen.

So I'm asking on here can anyone recommend a 36" LP Gas range they are happy with.

We are looking at 2 brands right now , Thor Kitchen and Kutch Professional.

Anyone have a gas range where there is no cooling fan?  or one that isn't that loud?

Anyone happy with their gas range? If so what brand?

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Nice!!    How was weather in Bermuda this time of year?    The earliest we have been there was end of May and it was quite nice but water was still a tad chilly.    

It was a little cool, but plenty warm in the sun. We had a brief rain shower, but it came and went. We have been to Bermuda quite a few times, so decided to do Elbow Beach (had been there many years ago.) Took the bus there. Water gorgeous. 

20230506_091758.thumb.jpg.75d6e4069e8192412f23859ad17819eb.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, mets07 said:

It was a little cool, but plenty warm in the sun. We had a brief rain shower, but it came and went. We have been to Bermuda quite a few times, so decided to do Elbow Beach (had been there many years ago.) Took the bus there. Water gorgeous. 

I like how you can see the storms out in the distance in the horizon. That's always interesting when  looking out at the ocean from land or from on the ship.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 6

22 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

When are your tickets for?    Last year we went to the Addams Family play and really enjoyed.   It is a great little theater.     We also enjoy going to the ice cream parlor next door the ShowPlace.    https://www.surflight.org/showplace

I had June 8th at 2:00;  after I entered all the info, it asked if I wanted to add any comments.  I began writing, when it said I had "timed out" and to start over again.  Aaargh!  I started over, and saw they had all of my info, so I hit "buy", and when I went to print the tickets, it said June 1st at 2:00.  I called and got a recording to leave my number.  I then emailed with my info.  If they can't change the date, not that big of a deal, but would prefer the 8th.  I got great seats, so we'll see if I hear from them by hopefully Monday.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Understand completely, We have to replace our brand new Z-Line 36" Gas Range, only used it about 5 months. First thing that happened with it before we even installed it there was a recall on it after we bought it, it sat in the garage about 4 months before it was installed.

They did the recall , changed the orifice in the botttom of the oven because it gave off fumes they said.

So we never used it with the bad orifice, but what they did was put a smaller orifice in it.............So now when we try to use it it takes for every to preheat...........We like making homemade pizza in the oven with a stone............Set it on 500 degrees and it takes 90 minutes to get up to 500.

Also on the Z-line, we didn't like that cooling fan that comes on when the oven heats up, it throws out a lot of hot air out the front of the oven and is very loud which we didn't like either.

Top burners on the stove were fine, very happy with those.

Repair guy  came out a 3rd time and they replaced the thermostat..........still doesn't work right.......They wanted to send out another repair company, I said no way, we have been dealing with this since March,. trouble shooting over the phone and everything.

Since it was still under warranty I told them I want our money back, I'm tired of dealing with this range. To tell you the truth I think it will never heat up right with the smaller orifice in it.

So  I demanded a refund, finally got them to agree so we will be getting $3500 refunded to us to buy another range directly from Z-Line. They are sending out a freight company to pick it up. So I unhooked it and it's not sitting back out in the garage waiting for pick up.

We can use the stove down stairs now until we find another for upstairs kitchen.

So I'm asking on here can anyone recommend a 36" LP Gas range they are happy with.

We are looking at 2 brands right now , Thor Kitchen and Kutch Professional.

Anyone have a gas range where there is no cooling fan?  or one that isn't that loud?

Anyone happy with their gas range? If so what brand?

Sorry to hear you are having all of these troubles with the new stove.     I wish appliances actually worked in the store when viewing them.   Good job on winning the battle for a refund!!

I am not familiar with Thor or Kutch but wish you best in getting a replacement you are happy with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

I had June 8th at 2:00;  after I entered all the info, it asked if I wanted to add any comments.  I began writing, when it said I had "timed out" and to start over again.  Aaargh!  I started over, and saw they had all of my info, so I hit "buy", and when I went to print the tickets, it said June 1st at 2:00.  I called and got a recording to leave my number.  I then emailed with my info.  If they can't change the date, not that big of a deal, but would prefer the 8th.  I got great seats, so we'll see if I hear from them by hopefully Monday.

I have found in the past for their ticket office to be very helpful.    I have a good feeling they will be able to switch to your preferred date of the 8th. 

I occasionally read the online version of The Sandpaper.    I just read in local news that a LBI Classic for 75 years The Holiday Snack Bar is having a battle with the township over their outdoor seating.     New owners purchased in 2021 and do not want to give in to the township and get a site plan done but sounds like they will have to if they want to be open this summer.    Have you ever been there?   

I sure hope they are open, I love riding my bike there for a burger and shake.    

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@Luckynana   If you don't mind me asking.   How did you do with your medical claims through your travel insurance with Jim's emergency procedure last fall?    I hope everything was paid out as expected.  

We're very happy with the Travel Insurance Company, IMG, which we bought through Steve's TripInsured Co.  Everything was reimbursed, with the exception of 2 of the days where I was in the hotel by myself while Jim was in the hospital.  Once Jim was released from the hospital we had to stay 5 days more in the hotel, which was reimbursed, along with all of our medical claims, surgery, hospitals, (we were in 2 hospitals, the first one in St. John's ER, and then Halifax where the surgery took place) tests, surgeons, and ER doctors, etc. along with our airline tickets and baggage fees.

• Like 11

The place we used was called "Forgotten Tails" that takes dogs from shelters where they face euthanasia.  They may well be a private organization.  They told us Alfie came from a shelter in a rural county west of Richmond.  

Alfie's picture posted below, I think she was winking at me (its only money!)

image.jpeg.3827a0793ff110ff60d7a43bd0fa47d3.jpeg

You gave this dog its life back. It is sick the way some shelters euthanize animals and then call themselves a shelter.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, QueSeraSera said:

I wish all mothers here the best for tomorrow, and every day.  Treat yourselves to something special!

My mom's been gone for quite a few years, I hope wherever she is she knows how often I think of her, or quote her in my mind.

My father arranged this painting of her as a surprise on their one visit together to Europe.  Somehow the artist caught more of her than any photo I could post.

image.png.e9b77fde09a47c06f8bd39dbff31f01c.png

Awesome. What a great memory for you 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, mets07 said:

I loved going to Bermuda and have not been back in many years. Love the pink sand. We were there the beginning of May. I can remember wearing a sweatshirt for early morning walks but the weather was perfect for touring around the island.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have found in the past for their ticket office to be very helpful.    I have a good feeling they will be able to switch to your preferred date of the 8th. 

I occasionally read the online version of The Sandpaper.    I just read in local news that a LBI Classic for 75 years The Holiday Snack Bar is having a battle with the township over their outdoor seating.     New owners purchased in 2021 and do not want to give in to the township and get a site plan done but sounds like they will have to if they want to be open this summer.    Have you ever been there?   

I sure hope they are open, I love riding my bike there for a burger and shake.    

That's good to know!  I'm looking forward to going there.  I was reading about the history of the Surflight Theater.  Very interesting.

I haven't been to LBI in many years, so I'm not that familiar with the Island.  I've been telling Jim since we moved here, that I want to get there.  Our daughter Melanie goes to LBI frequently.  When we do go to the beach, we go to Seaside Park, where friends of ours have a house across the street from the beach.  

The best part of this is that we are so close to LBI!  We're right at exit 74, and shop in Manahawkin.  

• Like 2

@mets07  I was just looking at cruises to Bermuda out of Cape Liberty for 2024;  I didn't see any 9 nights, only 5 nights.🤔

Lovely pictures.  Glad you enjoyed Liberty.  We were on Liberty in February and stayed in our first Jr. Suite, first Aft cabin for us.  Great ship!  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

@mets07  I was just looking at cruises to Bermuda out of Cape Liberty for 2024;  I didn't see any 9 nights, only 5 nights.🤔

Lovely pictures.  Glad you enjoyed Liberty.  We were on Liberty in February and stayed in our first Jr. Suite, first Aft cabin for us.  Great ship!  

We did a 7 nighter to Bermuda on Celebrity from NYC. I think a five nighter is too short.

• Like 3