Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Yesterday we celebrated our DGS 5th b’day at our DIL parents’s home.

As usual—too much food….

06FB0F3D-3DC1-47DC-A0A8-5ADA3FFEBDA1.jpeg

The b'day cake

7CBFBE39-5124-41E2-89B1-8990F164A4AC.jpeg

And, as is the custom, raising the b'day boy 5 times + one for the next year 

🥰

Such a cute cake Dani!  And looks delicious too. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Oh, that poor baby!😢  Mallory is in my prayers, along with you and Toby.

I could not get back in last night and have been trying to get back in this morning.Not because she is my grand child,I know that every grandparent speaks glowingly of theirs but Mallory is a wonderful girl.The family is the one that have the puppy who was attacked earlier this year .
Thank you again,Bonnie.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Lenny, any reason for the postponement?

Or, just, you know -- arbitrarily?

Pity is is such an expensive test, otherwise, you can just add some money and have it done quickly out of your pocket.

The waiting is awful, every hour drags and drags. And, then, waiting for the analyzing / decoding / interpreting....

The postponement is because the doctor requested October 11 and the radiological facility sent their paperwork electronically to the insurance carrier.

The insurance carrier required additional info and presumably when they got everything they needed the appointment day was no longer available.

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Yesterday, I didn’t get to post my lake picture of the day. The leaves are rapidly changing here.  I used the color filter on this one to bring out some of the colors 

665635FB-F88E-469B-8935-8542DC999508.thumb.jpeg.16d06690b17f6217744ba6dfa892c400.jpeg

The northern tier of PA is approaching peak colors this weekend, and we may see the peak in about a week.  We should see some nice colors on our drive to NY on Sunday. 

Rain and 62° this morning.  It is supposed to stop just before grandson’s football game this morning. 

Thank you, Mark, I enjoy all of your daily lake pictures.  They are all just so beautiful!

4 hours ago, Keksie said:

At the back of our property.  It is our neighbor's 2 ponds but with all the rain this year the ponds have joined and the water has spread almost/onto our property making a delightful little lake.  There are a lot of water fowl that enjoy it from time to time.  Right now there are a white heron and egrets around.  We have had geese and ducks at various times.

1616897991_Backyard.thumb.jpeg.76882fb23c32af8b4906a506cf219fa9.jpeg

I love lake pictures!  

4 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Good morning from Miami. 

All dressed, packed and eagerly waiting to catch the hotel shuttle to port. 

We are eagerly waiting to get updates on those struggling to get here 

Flight delays, cancellations of flights as well as I 95 S. Closed from a wreck causing backups. 

We hope and pray for a safe journey. 

It looks like I will have a significant amount of reading to do on my other favorite threads till I get home.  

For now. 
Keep safe

Stay Healthy 

Keeping all in my prayers. 

Sue 

Hope all of your friends make it on time to join you on your cruise, Sue!  Enjoy!!!

• Like 1

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

The postponement is because the doctor requested October 11 and the radiological facility sent their paperwork electronically to the insurance carrier.

The insurance carrier required additional info and presumably when they got everything they needed the appointment day was no longer available.

Thanks for clarifying, and fingers crossed for Maya.

If I may suggest, try to phone daily and inquire if there are any cancellations.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, helen haywood said:

If she indeed has to wait until the 18th for the MRI, I would use the time to find, perhaps, another physician who would be more understanding of the whole patient picture.

It is not the doctor,nor the radiological facility.It is the insurance carrier.

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

I’m so sorry the poor baby has to wait and worry for so long. I don’t know an answer to help her, except to surround her with love and laughter. 
Please tell Mallory that you have a lot of friends who wish they could hug her. 

I will,Mimi.Thank you

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I would have posted this last night but CC was not having any of it.

Owen’s team won 42-6.  He had 7 kick offs, one punt and made all 6 extra point kicks.  Didn’t miss one. He calls them PATS (point after touch down)

Here are is a link to some of Owen’s plays.

Awesome athlete you've got there.  Congratulations, Owen!!!!!🏈

• Like 1

I would have posted this last night but CC was not having any of it.

Owen’s team won 42-6.  He had 7 kick offs, one punt and made all 6 extra point kicks.  Didn’t miss one. He calls them PATS (point after touch down)

Here are is a link to some of Owen’s plays.

Well done Owen.

What a star.

Graham.

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

As usual—too much food….

The b'day cake

🥰

Happy belated birthday greetings for your DGS on his 5th birthday yesterday Dani.

Nice meal and lovely cake.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

No water shortages here for sure!   Pretty cool about the new lake!  

Pond behind our site where the land yacht is nested, has gotten quite large and has some very happy Frogs singing all night...LOUD Frogs! 😉  🐸

The frogs in Naples are very loud behind some of the buildings in our Community;  luckily, not behind ours!

I thought of you this morning, Pat, while watching the CBS channel..the inventor of the "Bird Buddy" was on, showing two of his bird feeders that have a camera installed where you can get pictures of the birds while feeding.  I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to the show, but I believe you can also get videos, etc.  Anyway, I thought of you.  Perhaps you may want to Google it?

As usual—too much food….

The b'day cake

🥰

Happy 5th Birthday to your adorable Grandson.  What a great tradition of raising the child up to the count of his many years +1.  I would imagine it may get tough when the child is older and much heavier!   Although, I imagine more family would be involved, in order to raise the child up.  

As per the food....always better to have too much, than to not have enough!

Our cardinal has not left. We are greeted by him almost hourly in the morning. Lucy had not got him yet. He likes all the lower level windows. Thankfully there has been no damage to the screens, at least yet. 

078C3504-38D9-496F-9D00-198410B89A94.thumb.jpeg.db72026b52c2aa336bf03fe9b26371cb.jpeg

332B0281-06EF-49EB-868E-F36F258EE4A0.thumb.jpeg.a4a81355e9d5ed943e8ca4d4a63c8eeb.jpeg

278F522F-C144-4994-9C0C-E46ED4EAE5D3.thumb.jpeg.586f4261eeb7b48d478d9e6179269ec6.jpeg

I love your built-in shelving and cabinet in your home.  Our daughter has a home that originally belonged to the builder, and she has many built-in shelves and cabinets.  Absolutely beautiful!

Jim had made built-in shelves with cabinet on either side of what once were wide, pocket doors on our previous home.  We obviously had to leave them behind.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As usual—too much food….

The b'day cake

🥰

All the food looks amazing.  Adorable cat.  Happy Birthday to your grandson.  What a fun tradition to lift up 5 times +1.   I guess do that as long as everyone can lift the person?

• Thanks 1

Eric and our neighbor came back home after catching 6 kingfish.  We are going to head to happy hour around 3 or 3.30 then they want to grill the fish for dinner.   Sounds good to me as long as they filet them.  I love fresh fish but dont care for cleaning them.

I scored too and picked up a couple of the books on my wish list.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Just know that all of you and your families, who have been struggling with issues, have been in my thoughts and prayers.  Life can sometimes throw us unexpected curves.  

Today, my niece’s husband passed away from a stage 4 form of cancer.  Sadly, he leaves behind an 18 year old boy and 6 & 8 year old girls.

I will catch up on posts tomorrow.  Take care everyone. 

Sorry for your loss.I know the feeling.In 2017 my nephew passed away from brain cancer.He left a wife and three children.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Enjoy your cruise Sue.

We had quite the soaking journey down to FLL yesterday. The 4 hrs turned into 8 hrs due to delays on I 95 and the weather.

We are ready to board!!!!

Bummer about your rough road trip yesterday;   now you get to begin your relaxing and wonderful cruise!  Enjoy!!

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks. I’m home for a few hours so I can love on my kitties and then get back on the ship.

I'm sure your little kitties enjoyed your snuggles with them.  Enjoy the next chapter of your cruising!!!

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric woke up with his arm/shoulder bothering him.  The one he broke this past winter.   So he's going to take easy today and went out to do some surf fishing with our neighbor.   I painted 2nd floor closet doors.

I moved furniture around in 2 bedrooms.  Those and the 2 bathrooms are officially done.  

Next will be walls in MBR and the hallway.

Taking a break and going to ride bike to bay village and go to my favorite used bookstore.  Brought 6 books from this summers reading to trade in.

Very windy here today.  Rain on it's way for sunday/monday.

I hope Eric's day off from the painting is just what the doctor would order!  It sounds like you and Eric made an awful lot of progress with the painting.  Be kind to yourself and don't overdo it too much, Debbie!  I haven't made it to your LBI book store yet.  Maybe after all of Jim's PT sessions and our dr visits are done for the month.

Breezy off and on here, it's been overcast all day...

• Like 2