Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

40 minutes ago, island lady said:

We are totally awed by Jet Blue's service from Orlando to San Juan.  

30 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Really tell me more. What did you like? I have heard a lot of complaints that there is no leg room and everyone is packed in like sardines.

19 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I actually think JetBlue's Airbus 320 planes is more comfortable than SW B737 planes. I also prefer being able to choose my seat ahead of time.

We also had a very good experience flying to SJ from NY. 

The service was excellent (when the FA gave us a bag of Terra chips, I exclaimed: "Ohh, I like those", and she asked if I'd like another one... I said "yes", and she brought me 3 more bags 😎) and the seats were comfortable. The rates were very affordable.

They have their own terminal in SJ.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Really tell me more. What did you like? I have heard a lot of complaints that there is no leg room and everyone is packed in like sardines.

I don't recall being packed in.  No more than any other airline.  Super friendly service, clean planes, nice terminal in San Juan just for Jet Blue, on time service.  Felt very welcomed to be with this airline and appreciated.  

And for us...non stop service Orlando to San Juan...plenty of flight time options.  

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, island lady said:

We are totally awed by Jet Blue's service from Orlando to San Juan.  

42 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

31 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I actually think JetBlue's Airbus 320 planes is more comfortable than SW B737 planes. I also prefer being able to choose my seat ahead of time.

I always found JetBlue to have the most legroom to stretch out. Even the "basic" seats, which is important for my long legs. With the "Even More Room" seats, there is plenty of room to stretch out, cross your legs and have plenty of bags at your feet and not worry about your knees being crushed when the person in front reclines.

I've been a fan for JetBlue for a long time but sadly, their fares are not as competitive as they used to be (at least in the NYC area) and they eliminated the free checked luggage a long time ago, which is something I love about Southwest - 2 free checked bags a person. 

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, Coralc said:

Yes to cruise ships. Now if only the airlines (SWA) were flying the way the should be. :classic_smile: 

Just out of curiosity, does Mike have any insight into what the SWA problems were this weekend? :classic_smile:

I will text him since he isn’t on this cruise, but will be back with me next week.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

800 flights cancelled Saturday and  another 1000 flights  this morning cancelled by Southwest Airlines , hope no one on this thread  had flights scheduled yesterday or today for cruises this weekend were effected.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/southwest-airlines-flight-woes-continue-150820206.html

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Reading that even though Southwest denies it that there were over 300 pilots and crew call in sick in protest to vaccine mandate. 

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

That's what I read.  They also said it was weather related.  I guess only SW was the only airline affected by the faux bad weather.

Before covid we used to fly SW about twice annually.  Never a problem.  Loved flying out of Love Field instead of DFW.  The free luggage was a plus.  We will find another airline in the future.

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

That's exactly what I thought also.

I was wondering that as well. Issues with Air Traffic Control or weather usually affect most airlines, not just one.

And it seems SW has been in the news a lot lately with regard to cancelling flights.  Hmmmmm....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Debbie guess we missed that about Southwest cancelling flights, we spent yesterday afternoon in Blacksburg, Virginia, Home of Virginia Tech University.

We went there for lunch around 1pm half knowing there was going to be a college football game within 1 mile where we had lunch.

Game Time was 7:30pm, game was against Norte Dame.

It was pretty exciting around there even 7 hours before game time. Ton's of people around walking the streets, Parking lots full of RV's with Grills set up.

Made us feel young again with all the excitement in the area.

We had lunch at Cabo Fish Taco

https://www.cabofishtaco.com/blacksburg/

I had 2 different kinds of their Shrimp Taco's, the food was excellent and priced great. $13.00 for 2

After that we went home and on the way looking for some pumpkins. Wow, did we find some pumpkins. They said they had 2000 acre's of pumpkins, that is all you could see for miles.

20211009_121915.jpg

Resized_20211009_150338_14888956921872.jpeg

Resized_20211009_150344_14854793764333.jpeg

Resized_20211009_151305_14791430313107.jpeg

Resized_20211009_151243_14764906373638.jpeg

Those tacos look yummy 😋

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Sorry got Jet Blue mixed up with Spirit. We actually will get Jet Blue in Kansas City in March of 2022 so I will look to book with them. Problem with KCI is that we don't have a lot of choices.

48 minutes ago, island lady said:

I don't recall being packed in.  No more than any other airline.  Super friendly service, clean planes, nice terminal in San Juan just for Jet Blue, on time service.  Felt very welcomed to be with this airline and appreciated.  

And for us...non stop service Orlando to San Juan...plenty of flight time options.  

Yes I realized I made a mistake and confused Jet Blue with Spirit. Hopefully I will get to fly Jet Blue soon.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I hope y'all are sending up prayers for us.  It's getting tough.  We are now stuck at the Bayside Market. 

20211010_155057.thumb.jpg.66ce45f74bd09954c0eb5a3ab5a93eca.jpg

Stuck with a lovely lady and what looks like 2 wonderful drinks.  Miami Vice?

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

They also are not customer friendly.  My friend that I said was stuck in Arizona but it was New Mexico. They said they they could fly him out Tuesday but that's it no room no nothing.  Reimbursed flight and said bye. 

Luckily, we never had an issue.  Sorry your friend had problems.  It's always a major headache when things don't go as they should.  

I hope you get your issue resolved soon so you can get back home to your family.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, mo&fran said:

Had a surprise yesterday , when I checked my on board account, I found I had about $1700 OBC, both from my reduction in cruise fare , and some OBC from a canceled cruise.

We will be arriving soon at Nassau, I can hear the pilot boat as it approaches the ship. 

WE did have a pretty big storm (low front) come through south FL, my home weather station recording over 2 inches,  with a brief spurt of 6 inches an hour.

That’s a very nice surprise.

6 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Hello from Nassau!

The Odyssey and the Edge are neighbors for today. Edge leaves at 1 pm. Only cruise line excursions allowed.  We are staying on board and enjoying the day.

Mo and Fran, we are at the aft, enjoying a late breakfast. Wave to us....we are looking at the yellow thingy on the Odyssey. I am in red shorts wellll coral to be exact. I am watching to see if I can see someone waving.

I saw the Edge and waved. Wasn’t waving at anyone in particular but I was waving. I didn’t know you are on the aft. 

• Like 2

I was booked in a virtual balcony cabin and was upgraded to a balcony across the hall. I didn’t get the notice until several hours after I was in the room so I did get to see what a virtual balcony was like. It’s interesting since you can see outside but you really aren’t. I only got to see it while in port before I moved across the hall. Glad it was an easy move since Mike left most of his luggage with me.

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Disregard I got Jet Blue mixed up with Spirit.

Spirit Airlines, aka the cattle car of airlines.

I do like their concept ala carte pricing but they took it to a whole extreme level.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

We are flying Jet Blue for our March 2022 cruise out of SJ. We've flown them before. No problems and our experience have been the same as yours. However earlier  this week I called them, "Jet Blew it" as our flights got changed and Emailed to me. Totally undoable as far as making the connection in JFK leaving and returning. Was on the phone over an hour getting new flights, seats and prepaid luggage transferred. Then the new invoice was Emailed to me but incorrect. My mistake as I hung up before I verified the changes. Looked like the agent sent me someone else's itinerary, but our names were on it (???). Called back and waited about 45 minutes for a call back. All is corrected now, so at the moment I will kindly refer to them as Jet Blue again. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Yes, we will definitely  be going back to eat there again, when it is a little less packed .

The pumpkin is pretty much a whole sale dealer, we were curious where the road went, so we must have drove 4 or 5 miles through fields and fields of pumpkins....... Just thought with so many pumpkins they must be selling them if people ride up in there........So finally get to this huge warehouse with about 8 bays with tractor trailers backed up to them, they were loading pumpkins in the trucks. They put them in huge cardboard boxes that fit an entire pallet. I'm sure you see these same kind of containers the grocery get their pumpkins in.

Well bought 6 pumpkins, they  were only  $5 each..........On road stands and grocery stores around here the same size were selling for $15.00 each

20211010_150354.thumb.jpg.e7d5654a7fee88b0186d85af9d9d1e60.jpg

Perfect spot for your pumpkins...Nice🎃

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

We've generally had luck with Southwest even though I hate their cattle call boarding.  I do like free luggage. To fly to San Juan on Delta was going to cost us a whole lot more. Sounds like I may need to rethink using SW.

I sure hope by November SW has their issues worked out but always good to have a plan b.   Did you check out flight options on air2sea?

• Like 1