Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

22 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Awe is exactly the right word. My profile pic is from Venice as a background.

We were fortunate to visit Venice many times. The first was in 1976, our 1st trip abroad. Backpackers. I was afraid to fly, so we took a "cruise ship" from Haifa to Venice. It took 5 days (with stops in Cyprus, Rhodes, Athens). BUT Venice vowed us. We split the cost of a gondola ride with another young couple from US.

Other trips involved either a car (as part of a land trip, staying in Mestre and boarding the train daily), or a rented villa in the neighboring villages and taking a train into Venice. 

The only time when we actually stayed in Venice was before our cruise. It was such a HUGE DIFFERENCE waking up IN the city and not "schlepping" ourselves from Piazzale Rome to the center !!! and back.

Being in the morning when the locals go about their business, buying newspapers, taking out the dogs, actually seeing the buildings without the crowds. It was worth every penny and, in hindsight, the only way to do it.

One time staying in Venice I was really tired and went to bed. I had the window open and hear all this noise and singing. I get dressed and go back outside from the hotel. I spent the next two hours drinking beer with a bunch of Germans.☺

• Like 6

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

in the US, the top of your house can be the rooof, which sounds like pool, or the ruf, which sounds like look. 
But it’s always spelled roof!

I always thought those were the people who learned English from their dogs.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Speaking of all y'all and all things Texas, a few weeks ago we were discussing gas station convenience stores and Buc'ee in particular and how I make sure to stop in one whenever visiting family in Texas.

That got me really wanting one of their BBQ sandwiches really bad. So tomorrow at dawn I will embark in the 1,700 mile 26 hour drive to Houston to get one and some of their famous jerky. Oh, I might also pack up my step-daughter, her cat and 2+ months worth of clothing and personal items to bring her home for an extended stay thru the holidays and beyond.

But make no mistake, I'm really going for the Buc'ees! 😃

A friend who moved to Crossville Tenn a few years ago always writs a note in her Christmas card  to update me for the year. 
This year all she wrote was “Crossville is getting a Buc’ees!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 12/10/2021 at 6:57 PM, Coralc said:

We had the Home Depot Kitchen Consultant out today. We are having the cabinets and drawers refaced, new sink and countertops and eventually new appliances. She said our kitchen was really clean! I was amazed. :classic_biggrin: So, after obtaining a new HD credit card with 0% interest for 24 months, and paying a large sum of money, we will have a new kitchen in 16 to 22 weeks. :classic_biggrin: 

We had our kitchen completely gutted in 2012. That was the year after our first cruise and we didn’t take any cruises that year. 😢 So glad we had it done because I feel bad for people having work done now and very little is available or it takes forever to get them in.

On 12/10/2021 at 10:46 PM, Lionesss said:

Today I finally got the traditional yearly flu shot.

I have my two Moderna COVID vaccines as well as the booster.

When I got my booster I was told I could get the flu shot then, if I did not I had to wait a month.

I waited the  month.

Today was the day.

I got the flu shot about noon.

About 3 pm, I got a little fever, Headache, achy and felt like I needed a nap.

So I called the delivery man and asked him to take care of dinner.

Good husband, he brought home Chinese, after dinner I fell asleep on the couch for 2 hours.

During which, the table was cleaned up, cat fed and dish washer emptied.

It was a good night.

Now PJ's on ready for bed.

Still feel achy, no fever.

Take care.

Just curious but why do you put a space between a lot of single sentences?

23 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

So I debated whether to post this as people might think me odd... When I lost my dog I had her cremated. She is in the curio in the family room. Someday when I go she is coming with me. 

It’s not odd. All of our cats were put to sleep at the vets office except for our last one. We had a vet come to our house for it and she asked if we wanted to have the ashes. We said yes so Keiki is still here with us. For those that think it’s weird, yes I know it’s just a box of ashes, but it helps my soul. We were never asked if we wanted the ashes before but now I wished we would have been.

23 hours ago, molly361 said:

I still cry over a dog that passed away probably more than 15 years ago.  She was the best.  In the end she was blind and diabetic maybe that's why it still tugs at my heartstrings just thinking about her

You aren’t the only one. I still get tears when thinking about our beloved pets.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

I just got chastised for having too much food in the freezer. 
Dick asked what I’m going to do if we get a Lobstergram next week. 
So tonight we’re having ribeye steak, chicken Kiev, Bagel Bites, Tiramisu, Jimmy Dean Sausage, Egg and Cheese English Muffins, and ice cream. 
I’ll try to think of something else for tomorrow. 

I love Chicken Kieve. My childhood chef used to make it to a total perfection. She pronounced it Keeeeevvv, and used to correct me when I said Key evv.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Speaking of all y'all and all things Texas, a few weeks ago we were discussing gas station convenience stores and Buc'ee in particular and how I make sure to stop in one whenever visiting family in Texas.

That got me really wanting one of their BBQ sandwiches really bad. So tomorrow at dawn I will embark in the 1,700 mile 26 hour drive to Houston to get one and some of their famous jerky. Oh, I might also pack up my step-daughter, her cat and 2+ months worth of clothing and personal items to bring her home for an extended stay thru the holidays and beyond.

But make no mistake, I'm really going for the Buc'ees! 😃

Have safe travels.  You won't be disappointed. 

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I always thought those were the people who learned English from their dogs.

A good friend of mine from Chicago (who says Chicawgo)  pronunces roof as ruff and she DOES have a dog!

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

A friend who moved to Crossville Tenn a few years ago always writs a note in her Christmas card  to update me for the year. 
This year all she wrote was “Crossville is getting a Buc’ees!”

Nothing else matters! They put up huge billboards on super roads announcing a future Buc'ees is coming to town, even if it's miles away.

40 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I admit when I am wrong.I called my friend Danny who is Italian.In the early 60’s he was a waiter at a NYC restaurant.He said that you,Ocean are correct.

Lenny, Ocean Boy is Italian.  He got it right more than 5 pages ago.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Have safe travels.  You won't be disappointed. 

A good friend of mine from Chicago (who says Chicawgo)  pronunces roof as ruff and she DOES have a dog!

Nothing else matters! They put up huge billboards on super roads announcing a future Buc'ees is coming to town, even if it's miles away.

Lenny, Ocean Boy is Italian.  He got it right more than 5 pages ago.

I know that he is Italian .At one time I was fluent in 5 languages.

• Like 2