Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

17 hours ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

She’s taking the Levodopa-Cabidopa CR, not the other one that you said you stopped taking.  So far no problems with her blood pressure. 

I was taking Gabapentin for Neuropathy.The Levadopa would be for Parkinsons.I am dealing with 13 medical problems .I stopped taking Asacol in 2013 for Ulcerative Colitis and stopped using my CPAP machine for chronic Sleep Apnea because I was getting pressure ulcers and my Dermatologist told me that if the Stage 2 ulcer developed into a Stage 4 it could be fatal.

17 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Happy Anniversary to you both Lenny.  May I ask where you got married and where you celebrated afterwards?

We got married in Brooklyn,NY.We did not go on a honeymoon until the following July .

We stayed in our apartment and went to Broadway shows every day and to restaurants for lunch and dinner for 2 weeks.

For our honeymoon we went to a hotel in what is referred to as upstate NY for two weeks.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

It was 30F and a bit breezy here this morning when I took Oliver for his walk.  Had to dig out  my thicker down puffer jacket with hood. 🥶 of course this was the morning that it took him an extra long time to find the perfect place to poop.  LOL

Also, you know it’s cold in Florida when the low air pressure warning light comes on for all four tires until you drive a few miles and the tires warm up. 🤔

Don't forget to look for falling Iguanas if you go south.  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

16 hours ago, Coralc said:

The doctor gave me Gabapentin when I had Shingles. I took it, for I think, a day and then quit. It made me feel very odd.

And now the vet has prescribed Gabapentin for the cat for office visit anxiety. :classic_rolleyes: One capsule 15 hours before his appointment and a second 2-3 hours before. We will have to see how that goes.....

I have heard of many medications for humans also being used for cats and dogs

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

No Lenny, not familiar.  My favorite counselor was Maxine whose boyfriend Alan was also a counselor.

Oh, those sweet faces and those eyes!!!

How about Manny Weiss ? He was the Counsellor that I worked directly with.There were also two brothers,Abe and Yankel.

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

It is 32F here this morning too.  Way to cold, schools are closing.  Yikes we may even get freezing rain or gulp snow!

I'm guessing your highway department probably does not have a large stockpile of salt, sand and/or other chemicals used to melt ice & prevent re-freezing?😉

You live in the Florida panhandle, correct? In my drive to Texas last month, I was able to get JET 100.7 on my radio. Pensacola station I believe, playing classic rock.  Great music selection with a far more diverse playlist than any classic rock stations here so I got to listen to many songs I haven't heard in years. I'm streaming it over my laptop right now as I type this post. 🙂

I think I was still in Alabama when I first picked it up & it got me thru all of Mississippi  on some long, desolate stretches of roads in the dead of night.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

It was a bit lonely but nice.  I have to get used to it.  Got to put some faces to names of a couple of cc members.   Met a nice guy who turned Pinnacle on this cruise and he was my happy hour drinking buddy in the Schooner Lounge.  He was also sailing solo (married but sailing without wife)

You’ve broken the traveling solo ice, so hopefully it will be easier in the future. 
Cruising, to me, is ideal for being on your own, because it’s a safe environment. A woman can sit in a bar in her own, and it’s a friendly environment. 
Trivia always has people wanting to form a team. We have always found great table mates in the MDR. 
Dick and I eat dinner together, but he goes to breakfast too early for me, and often we’re ready for lunch at different times. 
If I eat in WJ, I wind up sharing tables with friendly people. 
I’m glad you enjoyed your cruise, and I hope you find fun things to do in the future. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 9

13 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

@lenquixote66 Lenny, not sure I asked but did you leave from the Edgies in Manhattan on East Broadway to get to Day Camp on Staten Island?  That was my camp.  There were quite a few other camps that originated from different locations in the city.

@Ozark_KidI hope your daughter feels better.  Sore throats are terrible.

@Luckynana Maryann, I hope your grandson is better!

To add to the pizza chat: Anchovies will never be found on my pizza.  Neither will pineapple.  Honest, there IS Hawaiian pizza.  Something just not right about that.

Just a plain cheese pizza for me please.  I think by now you know what kind I like.😋

I was picked up by bus along with campers and counselors .There was only one camp at the Henry Kaufman Campgrounds in 1959.

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

My brother in Sydney has a non-venomous python is his backyard that they see from time to time.  They leave it alone and it doesn’t bother them.  A work colleague realised he had a python in his yard in Sydney when he discovered a rather long snake skin.

This wet weather is also bringing out the leeches.  Daughter & friend did an enjoyable 4K bushwalk last weekend until they looked at their legs & feet towards the end of the hike and discovered multiple leeches. Ugh. Thankfully they were wearing long pants & enclosed shoes.

Not your usual sunny, feel good posts.😲 

47 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Or snake riding a spider.

image.jpeg.93713810c73619e9a35b1784d1bad32d.jpeg

This photo should ban you from CC.  Just kidding 😉

12 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

How about Manny Weiss ? He was the Counsellor that I worked directly with.There were also two brothers,Abe and Yankel.

Not familiar.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

It was a bit lonely but nice.  I have to get used to it.  Got to put some faces to names of a couple of cc members.   Met a nice guy who turned Pinnacle on this cruise and he was my happy hour drinking buddy in the Schooner Lounge.  He was also sailing solo (married but sailing without wife)

Just an FYI, you and this post does give me some inspirational hope for my eventual return to cruising, although that it still a long way off.  I'd probably want my first cruise to be solo, rather than with family/friends. Kinda weird, not sure why. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Meatloaf RIP.

We are really sorry to hear Meatloaf passed away yesterday.

We saw him twice in concert and he was amazing.

Graham.

I never saw him in concert but I loved Rocky Horror. I went to see the movie with a cousin of Toby.We dressed up as did nearly everyone else in the theater .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Night 2 of SAG awards viewing. Last night we watched "Power of the Dog." It is nominated in the category of Best Actor Benedict Cumberbatch, Best Actress Kirsten Dunst, Best supporting Actor Kodi Schmidt-McPhee.

The-Power-Of-The-Dog.thumb.jpeg.0fbed1c0c94066a67437ed89f078fb36.jpeg

Film takes place in Montana though it was filmed in New Zealand. The cinematography of NZ was amazing but that is about the only thing I cared for.

Short synopsis taken from Google:

A domineering rancher responds with mocking cruelty when his brother brings home a new wife and her son, until the unexpected comes to pass.

The acting was really good but I just did not care for the plot. It's a very slow moving character study. At one point Linda and I were trying to find a word that described the whole movie. In one scene we were watching with subtitles (as I'm hard of hearing) and there was some music and the subtitle said "Uneasy Music." We thought that describes the whole movie "Uneasy". The soundtrack has a lot of uneasy tense music that puts you on edge the whole time. You know something is not right and something is going to happen you just don't know what. The ending was very unexpected and I won't give it away but it took me awhile to realize what had happened.

So if you wanting an uneasy movie to watch this one might be for you.

I saw the film and I agree with you about it being very slow. I thought that Benedict Cumberbatch was excellent in the role .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I had not heard about Meatloaf.  RIP.  Paradise by the Dashboard Light was one of those favorite bar songs in the 80s where all of the girls would sing one part (stop right there!...) and all of the guys would sing the other part (let me sleep on it...).

For many years, my wife and her 2 sisters would though a big Memorial Day picnic & open it to pretty much everyone they ever met in their lives.  Some years, over a 100-125 people would pass thru, fortunately not all at the same time.  It was almost 2 parts to the party - the daytime was more family friendly with people with young kids splashing in the pool, playing volleyball ,basketball and assorted lawn games and the night party that was slightly more adult with singing, dancing, etc.

Anyways, the highlight would be singing Paradise by the Dashboard lights,  the 2 lines forming, girls on one side, guys on the other, signing each part. Although I was lip syncing and not very well....actually, just moving my lips to no recognizable  song. lol .

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was picked up by bus along with campers and counselors .There was only one camp at the Henry Kaufman Campgrounds in 1959.

Where were you picked up from?

Many different locations all over the city brought kids and counselors into the campgrounds.  Each had their own staff, activities, shelter to put their belongings in cubby holes.  We never mingled with the kids from other pick up locations, so although it was one camp, each one was completely separate from the other. 

All of the campers that were picked up at the Edgies in Manhattan lived in Manhattan,  The councelors living elsewhere had to travel to the Edgies and ride the buses with the kids to the camp.

When I was a HS senior, my friend and I decided to go to summer school to graduate early.  Not sure why.  On my first day walking to the subway for school, I passed the Edges and saw counselors I knew from years gone by (I went to that camp for 10 years), saw the buses and heard the kids chatter.  I got so depressed in that classroom that day that I quit my quest to graduate early and begged the camp direction the next day to find me a position.  He knew me well and created a Jr. Counselor position for a group that really didn't need one, just so that I could be involved one more year.  Such amazing, wonderful memories.

I'm out of here.  I jibber-jabbered enough....for now!

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I'm guessing your highway department probably does not have a large stockpile of salt, sand and/or other chemicals used to melt ice & prevent re-freezing?😉

You live in the Florida panhandle, correct? In my drive to Texas last month, I was able to get JET 100.7 on my radio. Pensacola station I believe, playing classic rock.  Great music selection with a far more diverse playlist than any classic rock stations here so I got to listen to many songs I haven't heard in years. I'm streaming it over my laptop right now as I type this post. 🙂

I think I was still in Alabama when I first picked it up & it got me thru all of Mississippi  on some long, desolate stretches of roads in the dead of night.

I do live in the Panhandle east of Pensacola.  My knitting group is in Pensacola so I go there every week.  My husband likes the country station here, I think it is 98.?  It has a really good selection too.  There are long stretches of road between here and Texas.  That is one reason we moved - that 12 hour drive was getting tiring when I wanted to visit my son.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BonTexasNY said:

Where were you picked up from?

Many different locations all over the city brought kids and counselors into the campgrounds.  Each had their own staff, activities, shelter to put their belongings in cubby holes.  We never mingled with the kids from other pick up locations, so although it was one camp, each one was completely separate from the other. 

All of the campers that were picked up at the Edgies in Manhattan lived in Manhattan,  The councelors living elsewhere had to travel to the Edgies and ride the buses with the kids to the camp.

When I was a HS senior, my friend and I decided to go to summer school to graduate early.  Not sure why.  On my first day walking to the subway for school, I passed the Edges and saw counselors I knew from years gone by (I went to that camp for 10 years), saw the buses and heard the kids chatter.  I got so depressed in that classroom that day that I quit my quest to graduate early and begged the camp direction the next day to find me a position.  He knew me well and created a Jr. Counselor position for a group that really didn't need one, just so that I could be involved one more year.  Such amazing, wonderful memories.

I'm out of here.  I jibber-jabbered enough....for now!

I was picked up in Brooklyn Corner of Albany Avenue and Eastern Parkway

Our bus picked up kids all over Brooklyn .I cannot recall if there were any Manhattan pickups.We went on the ferry to the campgrounds.

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I had not heard about Meatloaf.  RIP.  Paradise by the Dashboard Light was one of those favorite bar songs in the 80s where all of the girls would sing one part (stop right there!...) and all of the guys would sing the other part (let me sleep on it...).

The end of the song is telling 😉

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Seems so strange doesn't it. Owen just stood outside at -10F for near ten minutes waiting for the bus to get him. He didn't want a ride down in the car.  

Kids don't own coats down here.

We had it happen in either Alabama or Atlanta

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1