Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

May I vote for cream color also?  As far as black countertops with sparkle, remember dust shows up in dark colors.  Just sayin'.

@Sunshine3601 Debbie, a big yay on your negative covid test results.  Let the fun begin!

I saved the best news for last.  One of my daughter's closest friend's got the word that she will be getting a new heart TODAY!  Transplant is in progress now!  She was in the hospital for a procedure and had no idea.  Her transplant "lady" called to give her the exceptional news.  I don't remember how many years she was on the transplant list and she had many setbacks.   My daughter's friend's (also Jen) mother passed away from the same heart condition.  My Jen's Jen is a true survivor, a 35 year old warrior.  I told my Jen to call or text no matter what time, when she finds out her Jen is out of surgery.  The word "rejection" is not in our vocabulary.

Please have kind thoughts and prayers for our warrior, Jen.

• Like 18

20 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Can't put the microwave to high..........My wife won't be able to reach it........she is  only 5ft nothing.......... top of the grill is  3 ft off the floor, then there is a light switch they we may or may not move.............just no where for a shelf( counter top) and then to have any height above it to put anything on it before microwave.

Can't the air return be moved?  There looks to be a blank wall to the left.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I wanted all the cabinets to be the same, off white cream, my wife is the one thought she wanted it in the brownish color until she saw the pictures.

Now she thinks it would be okay either way.

20220318_185229.jpg

20220318_185219.jpg

I personally prefer lighter countertops.  I'm thinking I will put butcher block block on my island when I redo.  

But you do you and I'm sure it will look beautiful.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

May I vote for cream color also?  As far as black countertops with sparkle, remember dust shows up in dark colors.  Just sayin'.

@Sunshine3601 Debbie, a big yay on your negative covid test results.  Let the fun begin!

I saved the best news for last.  One of my daughter's closest friend's got the word that she will be getting a new heart TODAY!  Transplant is in progress now!  She was in the hospital for a procedure and had no idea.  Her transplant "lady" called to give her the exceptional news.  I don't remember how many years she was on the transplant list and she had many setbacks.   My daughter's friend's (also Jen) mother passed away from the same heart condition.  My Jen's Jen is a true survivor, a 35 year old warrior.  I told my Jen to call or text no matter what time, when she finds out her Jen is out of surgery.  The word "rejection" is not in our vocabulary.

That is great news about the transplant.   It is truly a miracle and will change her outlook on life.   The first couple of months are challenging with constant changes of medications, labs, exams, etc but once they find the perfect balance that works best for her, she will do wonderful.

Sending prayers for a successful procedure.   🙏

I thinks Eric transplant surgery was about 6 hrs then a couple hours in recovery until I could see him. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, Chris has been to Disney several times with us on our family vacations.     I am not sure if his Fiance has ever been.      She is the one that is really worried about getting sea sick.    Chris keeps assuring her she will be okay.  

We are doing the Happy Dance, We passed our covid tests by Walgreens and Eric is packing now!    I have been pretty much packed since last weekend.   Just some last minute stuff I will pack tomorrow.   

Tomorrow we pick up the rental of a Nissan Pathfinder for our drive to Cape Liberty Sunday.   Our check in is 12:30 / 1 pm and I hear cabins have been ready around 1:30pm for the last couple of sailings.   So that should work good then once we board we will check in at muster station and drop off our stuff at cabin and head to 270 Cafe for our Kummelweck sandwiches.    

If she does get sick , it might turn her off cruising. I take Bonine, and have since 1985. I have never had any kind of bad effects from it.
i take one the morning of the cruise and another one on the ship before we leave port. There’s no guarantee, unfortunately, than someone will have some sort of side effects.  
Before Bonine I have been sick on ferries and glass bottom boats, theme park rides and backyard swings. 
A lot of people swear by Sea Bands and ginger. 
I would just hate for Chris’s fiancée to be miserable on the cruise. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

If she does get sick , it might turn her off cruising. I take Bonine, and have since 1985. I have never had any kind of bad effects from it.
i take one the morning of the cruise and another one on the ship before we leave port. There’s no guarantee, unfortunately, than someone will have some sort of side effects.  
Before Bonine I have been sick on ferries and glass bottom boats, theme park rides and backyard swings. 
A lot of people swear by Sea Bands and ginger. 
I would just hate for Chris’s fiancée to be miserable on the cruise. 

She told me the other day she picked up seasick pills but didn't remember their name.  I suggested she take one the morning we leave and I have sea bands I will bring for her too.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

🙏🙏🙏

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That is great news about the transplant.   It is truly a miracle and will change her outlook on life.   The first couple of months are challenging with constant changes of medications, labs, exams, etc but once they find the perfect balance that works best for her, she will do wonderful.

Sending prayers for a successful procedure.   🙏

I thinks Eric transplant surgery was about 6 hrs then a couple hours in recovery until I could see him. 

Yes she has quite a road ahead of her. 

So glad Eric is doing so well after his transplant surgery.  May it continue forever.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Can't put the microwave to high..........My wife won't be able to reach it........she is  only 5ft nothing.......... top of the grill is  3 ft off the floor, then there is a light switch they we may or may not move.............just no where for a shelf( counter top) and then to have any height above it to put anything on it before microwave.

Coffee bar will be on the fridge, no  need for a coffee maker on any  of our counters  🙂

GE Profile™ Series ENERGY STAR® 27.7 Cu. Ft. Smart Fingerprint Resistant French-Door Refrigerator with Keurig® K-Cup® Brewing System

Model #:PFE28PYNFS

GE Profile 27.7 Cu. Ft. French Door Smart Refrigerator with Keurig K-Cup  Brewing System Fingerprint resistant stainless steel PFE28PYNFS - Best Buy

GE Profile PFE28PYNFS 36 Inch Stainless Steel French Door Refrigerator |  Appliances Connection

Wine bar then LOL?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

Can't the air return be moved?  There looks to be a blank wall to the left.

The white space actually is a short hall way, closet behind the microwave, straight in toward that blank wall doorway to basement, to the left right there is doorway to  garage.

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

The white space actually is a short hall way, closet behind the microwave, straight in toward that blank wall doorway to basement, to the left right there is doorway to  garage.

There has to be some option.  In the end, if you guys like it, that is all that matters.  I know it would drive me crazy because it looks lopsided.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I think that empty space under the microwave looks really awkward. There needs to be SOMETHING there. But it is your kitchen, deal with it as you will. 

Since you are asking, I am also going with a NO vote on the black countertops. Why don't you just go with quartz and Ceasarstone or Silestone? It doesn't require the maintenance that granite does and comes in tons of patterns. (and cheaper) 

I'm not going to post photos of ours until it is done. We already made all the decisions. Hopefully some time in May. We are not replacing the appliances yet, but that is a good reminder about wait times. THX. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Okay got the pictures from Kitchen Designer.....some of the  colors are a little off, the light brownish color you see on the lower and upper cabinets is suppose to be an off white color.........island will be a shade of brown would but probably not so dark as the picture shows.

Late change the sink and dishwasher we be switch sides. She pictured it both with if we go with the dark wood on the right side pantry and if we go with the cream color on the pantry  near the micro wave..

Which way do you like those cabinet colors by the microwave, brownish wood or cream color......the floor will have bricks like this.

Old Series Pavers Pine Hall Brick | Cromwell Concrete

Which will be close to the brick we are putting on the fireplace and on the walls above all the  upper cabinets. 

Millstone - Pine Hall Brick

Millstone - Pine Hall Brick

Appliances.png

Island (Overhang Side).png

Island1.png

Kitchen.png

Island2.png

KitPainted Pantry.png

Kitchen1.png

Appliances 2.png

Island (Fridge Side)(1).png

I would think a brick floor would be hard on the legs and feet or maybe I read it incorrectly.  

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, NHProud said:

I would think a brick floor would be hard on the legs and feet or maybe I read it incorrectly.  

Plenty of pictures of house's with brick indoor on the floor.

image.jpeg.066e23cd4a8f252264cebc334bdac5d6.jpegimage.jpeg.d662944af90da2814eba134131ed210c.jpegBrick Flooring: Read This Before you Buy | HomeFlooringPros.comBrick Flooring (Design & Buying Guide) - Designing Idea

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

There has to be some option.  In the end, if you guys like it, that is all that matters.  I know it would drive me crazy because it looks lopsided.

This is what is there now. There is a closet to  the left behind that light switch on  the wall and behind to the right is where the laundry room is, washer dryer. So really no where to relocate return air grill.

Door to the right straight in goes to upstairs, that opening you can barely see to the right is the master bedroom doorway...and you can see the door that goes out to the outside deck.

20220303_082112.jpg

Edited by Jimbo

20 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Plenty of pictures of house's with brick indoor on the floor.

image.jpeg.066e23cd4a8f252264cebc334bdac5d6.jpegimage.jpeg.d662944af90da2814eba134131ed210c.jpegBrick Flooring: Read This Before you Buy | HomeFlooringPros.comBrick Flooring (Design & Buying Guide) - Designing Idea

Have you talked to anyone with a brick kitchen floor ? If that is what you want then do it.  

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Have you talked to anyone with a brick kitchen floor ? 

No, what have you heard?  See some  restaurants  that  have  brick flooring. It's really nice and beautiful.

13 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I don't like the brick flooring either. But it is not our house. :classic_biggrin: I would think it would be really hard to clean, and it is going to tear up a swiffer or a mop. :classic_smile:

You put a sealer on the brick, it's not like walking on  bricks like on the side of your house. They are pretty smooth after the sealer is on and wipe clean.

We have slate tile now, easy to clean.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I don't like the brick flooring either. But it is not our house. :classic_biggrin: I would think it would be really hard to clean, and it is going to tear up a swiffer or a mop. :classic_smile:

Right , not our house . They are going to put a sealant on the bricks .  We have travertine tile and the upkeep is easy .

You live in a very nice area.  Lucky you ! 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

This is what is there now. There is a closet to  the left behind that light switch on  the wall and behind to the right is where the laundry room is, washer dryer. So really no where to relocate return air grill.

Door to the right straight in goes to upstairs, that opening you can barely see to the right is the master bedroom doorway...and you can see the door that goes out to the outside deck.

20220303_082112.jpg

I would talk to your HVAC people and find out how big that return actually needs to be to see if it could be reduced in width a bit.  Whether it could be reduced or not, I would put one tower of cabinets there.  Keep the lower right side and put the upper left microwave and cabinet on it.  I would try to center it on that wall if the vent could be reduced or else just have it a little offset to the right.

Just a suggestion.  Do what your wife likes best! 😄 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I would talk to your HVAC people and find out how big that return actually needs to be to see if it could be reduced in width a bit.  Whether it could be reduced or not, I would put one tower of cabinets there.  Keep the lower right side and put the upper left microwave and cabinet on it.  I would try to center it on that wall if the vent could be reduced or else just have it a little offset to the right.

Just a suggestion.  Do what your wife likes best! 😄 

It's the only return on the first floor for  the 2300 square ft. level............if we made the duct  smaller  it  will bang when  the blower goes off and on sucking for  air. Not good!

Heater is directly below.........and lower level  of the house is completely finished, so  no where  to  move  duct work  to without  really  tearing  up downstairs too, trying to avoid that.

We can paint  the  grill like the cabinets so it blends in maybe.....not really  super worried about it.

Happy Wife happy life ! If she can deal with it, I sure as heck can.

• Like 2