Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Last nights concert with Todd Rundgren, Christofer Cross, Jason Scheff ( former Chicago lead singer) Joey Molland of Badfinger and Denny Lane from wings and moody blues , was one of the best concerts we ever attended and we go to lots of concerts.. almost all the songs were Beatles mostly rubber soul and revolver.

below is us with Todd Rundgren, Jason Scheff and Joey Mullond

image.jpeg.99239b826aff6b84c087d416573a4d55.jpeg
image.jpeg.cd86b8d81b422c51d0060096934737b5.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by George C
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Designer came up  with a new look for the fridge. Like or dislike, also put in the black counter tops......She doesn't know yet about our request for the air return grill but that should be a simple correction.

The Original Look

34816238_KitchenWithBlackTops.thumb.png.ad7919613d3f0cd494b0f73dc8a1af4a.png

311232849_KitchenWithBlackTops2.thumb.png.e45e4f62a149868b52a7f40d11e5ced0.png

The  New Look

1620212066_CornerOption2.thumb.PNG.6b6944483211e9b820c7b79dbcb65931.PNG

1449065906_CornerOption3.thumb.PNG.849cc64393282101cbff2661ae7907c6.PNG

1048657585_IslandBlackTop.thumb.png.df295e09f04d9622a7a91b8944489f63.png

• Like 6

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

We saw our first robin of the season on the weekend. Spring is in the air. 

Are you plowing the fields yet? Guess the fields would still be to wet from melting snow. When does the planting begin? Mid May or later? what do you plant?

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Designer came up  with a new look for the fridge. Like or dislike, also put in the black counter tops......She doesn't know yet about our request for the air return grill but that should be a simple correction.

The Original Look

The  New Look

I like the new look because you then have the smaller counter to use for a coffee station.  I would love a separate area for just the coffee pots. If you go with that make sure to get an electric outlet for that counter.  

Just now, Keksie said:

I like the new look because you then have the smaller counter to use for a coffee station.  I would love a separate area for just the coffee pots. If you go with that make sure to get an electric outlet for that counter.  

Refrigerator  will have coffee maker in it, but think we could put toaster over there.

Just now, Jimbo said:

Refrigerator  will have coffee maker in it, but think we could put toaster over there.

A toaster would be a good idea too.  We have two coffee pots (a his and hers) so they take up a lot of my counter space.  LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm trying to upload sunrise photo but CC bot letting.   Gorgeous day!   Not a cloud in the sky.   Smooth seas.large.20200129_213145.jpg.daf06fb534368043046580a157c8a692.jpg

Looks like I’m not alone. I bring one, and request an extra one to raise my feet to slow down the swelling. Then I have a little travel pillow between my knees, and one more to hug. 
Dick says I look like I’ve been attacked by pillows!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I like seeing the first time cruisers numbers up.  Did you ever get the sunrise pic?  I like your towel buddy but it looks like it’s hogging your pillow.  😂.  Sounds like you have done a lot already today. 

Internet is working great !  I have no idea why CC won't let me upload sunrise photo, let me upload our towel buddy

The newbie cruisers are doing awesome.  They slept in and we are all hanging out on sundeck now.   Perfect day,, wasn't expecting this warm on day 1.   Pool, sun deck, solarium all packed.   Love the vibe😃

• Like 13

So…Royal Up came through!

We went from a Jr Suite to a Grand Suite a few doors down from where we were. 

Even quicker to walk to Park Cafe for my beef on weck. 
The email told us to reprint our luggage tags but they still show our original number. 
Anyone know offhand how long it takes for someone at Royal to change the tags to our new abode?

I know they can put tags on at the terminal, but I want them NOW!

This is our first suite since QM2, and I’m 

looking forward to a few benefits!

• Like 18

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Internet is working great !  I have no idea why CC won't let me upload sunrise photo, let me upload our towel buddy

The newbie cruisers are doing awesome.  They slept in and we are all hanging out on sundeck now.   Perfect day,, wasn't expecting this warm on day 1.   Pool, sun deck, solarium all packed.   Love the vibe😃

Saw you travel by us a little while ago when I looked real hard over the mountains to the east. Now it looks if you look real hard to your right you will be coming up on Myrtle Beach. Looks to be about 62 degrees there.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

So…Royal Up came through!

We went from a Jr Suite to a Grand Suite a few doors down from where we were. 

Even quicker to walk to Park Cafe for my beef on weck. 
The email told us to reprint our luggage tags but they still show our original number. 
Anyone know offhand how long it takes for someone at Royal to change the tags to our new abode?

I know they can put tags on at the terminal, but I want them NOW!

This is our first suite since QM2, and I’m 

looking forward to a few benefits!

That is great news!  I am sure you will love it.  We were able to move up to a GS the last two cruises.  The only downside I see is we are getting spoiled.  
In October we found out a week before the cruise and Sharon said it all was refreshed by the next day showing our new tags.  The January cruise we upgraded on board.  
We put in bids for a GS for our May cruise but as of right now they are showing non availability.  You never know, maybe there will be some cancel.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That is great news!  I am sure you will love it.  We were able to move up to a GS the last two cruises.  The only downside I see is we are getting spoiled.  
In October we found out a week before the cruise and Sharon said it all was refreshed by the next day showing our new tags.  The January cruise we upgraded on board.  
We put in bids for a GS for our May cruise but as of right now they are showing non availability.  You never know, maybe there will be some cancel.

Suites are totally addictive we did our first about ten years ago on rccl and have cruised in nothing but since , also double points got us to diamond plus. Currently prefer suite perks on celebrity.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, George C said:

Suites are totally addictive we did our first about ten years ago on rccl and have cruised in nothing but since , also double points got us to diamond plus. Currently prefer suite perks on celebrity.

I need to take the time to call Celebrity and get my RC status moved over.  From what I understand they offer discounts for balconies/suite when you reach a certain level.

I usually over research things.  I researched 360 cameras for about a year now, my next computer/laptop even longer. I started researching a new mixer just a couple days ago.  I made a peach smoothie in my Ninja mixer last week.  I mixed it pretty long but there were still tiny chunks of ice.  In less than one week of research, I just ordered a new mixer. I hope it works out.  If it does, maybe I can pull the trigger on a 360 camera.  Btw, it’s a Vitamix 5300. If you had a bad experience with one just let me find out in a few days.  I am hoping for a smooth smoothie.

43 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I need to take the time to call Celebrity and get my RC status moved over.  From what I understand they offer discounts for balconies/suite when you reach a certain level.

I agree I would call celebrity if you are diamond on rccl you will be elite on celebrity unfortunately celebrity doesn’t give you discounts on balconies and suites like rccl does, but the basic suite perks are way better and there suite restaurant and lounge is better . What I like is all there ships have a suite restaurant not just some like rccl and there lounge has free drinks all day .

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

The Original Look

The  New Look

I like the picture of the fridge next to counter space.  When I make a salad I pull out lots of stuff from the fridge and like a close handy place to dump it all on.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I like the picture of the fridge next to counter space.  When I make a salad I pull out lots of stuff from the fridge and like a close handy place to dump it all on.

The original way it would have been turning around and putting it on the corner of  the island. You mentioned you like have the counter close by the fridge.........do you mean the counter between fridge and stove or the little counter on the end  you like?

Edited by Jimbo

It is automatically moved over. Create an account on Celebrity's website.

No discounts as substantial as RC's balcony discounts etc. But Captain's Club Elite and up discounts will include the laundry bag per person, upgrade within the same category of cabins, the Captain's club happy hour (which IMHO is nothing like RC's). We LOVE Celebrity for other reasons, but we still think that RC's loyalty perks are second to none!

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 3

I usually over research things.  I researched 360 cameras for about a year now, my next computer/laptop even longer. I started researching a new mixer just a couple days ago.  I made a peach smoothie in my Ninja mixer last week.  I mixed it pretty long but there were still tiny chunks of ice.  In less than one week of research, I just ordered a new mixer. I hope it works out.  If it does, maybe I can pull the trigger on a 360 camera.  Btw, it’s a Vitamix 5300. If you had a bad experience with one just let me find out in a few days.  I am hoping for a smooth smoothie.

I love my Vitamix, it crushes ice beautifully.  Not sure which model I have but I also purchased the food processor that goes with along with it.  So one base, two appliances.