Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I have never checked.

The main issue is Pauline being a civil servant and getting holiday dates confirmed to far in advance.

We got better flights and hotel and saved over £1000 including pre-paid gratuities by going late January early February plus the weather was a perfect 75°F average daily.

Might be worth shooting a message to a reputable Canadian TA to ask... reserve the room now, and cancel later if the holiday dates don't get approved.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, brillohead said:

Might be worth shooting a message to a reputable Canadian TA to ask... reserve the room now, and cancel later if the holiday dates don't get approved.  

Pauline likes us to use our local TA which is 1 mile from our home.

Thank you for the suggestion though for future reference.

Graham.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Dani - ... after reading about your husband’s pain issues, I was thinking that he might be experiencing gallbladder stones or kidney stones.

Hoping he gets relief soon and a good night’s sleep for both of you.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

Thank you so much, Mary, for your thoughtful insights. Since DH had his kidney operation, he undergoes bi-annually check ups on his kidney and, actually, his whole abdomen. The last check up was less than a month ago, and all the "plumbing" was "ship-shape"...

The ER drs were looking for a heart attack, a metastase on his spine, or, the "favorite" - pancreatitis. So far, nothing was found, which is good and ... bad, since we don't know the origin of the pains.

52 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Are you able to book through a North American TA to be eligible for the Group Rate (which is refundable for balcony and lower categories)?

11 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline likes us to use our local TA which is 1 mile from our home.

Thank you for the suggestion though for future reference.

Graham.

I've always used a North American TA and was eligible for group rates, refundable deposits, and, of course, drop in prices. Now I've moved "north" over the border...😉

I think the issues with Europeans are their Customer Protection Laws (travel agent bankruptcy?) and the exchange rates.

And, in G & P case, the conveniency of having a trusted TA close by 😁 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

On Bella 2 we booked our OVBs on deck 8.  We like to be near Central Park and the restaurants. 

I was worried that deck 8 would be noisy or busy being near the park.  Do people walk by the cabins to get to the restaurants?

1 minute ago, Keksie said:

I was worried that deck 8 would be noisy or busy being near the park.  Do people walk by the cabins to get to the restaurants?

Not usually, Central Park (and the deck 8 restaurants) are accessed directly from the elevator lobbies.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

It really depends on where YOU like to be.  

Deck 8 is great because you can quickly access Central Park.  It's a nice spot to walk from front to back or vice versa, without having to deal with the crowds on the Promenade or Pool Deck.  It's also convenient to pop into Park Cafe for a snack or beverage to take back to your room.

If you like hanging out in the Schooner Bar and/or Boardwalk area, Deck 6 near the aft elevators is a good location.  

If you like to spend your days in the Solarium, rooms near the front elevators are convenient.  If you prefer easier access to the Sport Court or Windjammer, the aft elevators would be the ones to pick.

That sounds good to be able to be near the Park.  We do like the solarium for sea days.  Thank you for the information.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, brillohead said:

If only I'd figured out sooner how much better the TA's are in Canada...😉

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Keksie said:

We have had deck 8 ocean view cabins on Harmony twice and Allure once and they were perfect.

Cabin 8568 and the bed was near the balcony door.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I am off to research the cabins on deck 8.  Thank you everyone.  It is so nice to be able to get opinions from people who know versus just looking at deck plans.

I'm amazed... Not much inventory left.... I was just looking, may I recommend #8664 or #8668? Excellent location, category OVB 2D.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Keksie said:

As stated, all the restaurants are only accessible from inside the park itself, and all the staterooms are in passenger hallways.  Totally separate areas. 

13 minutes ago, Keksie said:

That sounds good to be able to be near the Park.  We do like the solarium for sea days.  Thank you for the information.

If you like the Solarium, I'd check for Deck 8 near the forward elevators -- best of both worlds!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Not really, they hit the elevators or stairs which are located where the entrance to Central Park is.  There is no reason to walk down the cabin halls unless they are in those cabins.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, brillohead said:

As stated, all the restaurants are only accessible from inside the park itself, and all the staterooms are in passenger hallways.  Totally separate areas. 

If you like the Solarium, I'd check for Deck 8 near the forward elevators -- best of both worlds!

It sounds like deck 8 it is.  Now I just need my TA to get with me next week to make it happen.  She has had a really bad family emergency so I am not going to bother her this week.  I am sure as the many days until the cruise go by I will have a lot of questions.  Like I said we have mostly cruised on smaller ships and it has also been a hot minute since we cruised at all so I am rusty on the planning.  I do know I want to rustle up some people to do the escape room.  

• Like 3

Just now, Keksie said:

It sounds like deck 8 it is.  Now I just need my TA to get with me next week to make it happen.  She has had a really bad family emergency so I am not going to bother her this week.  I am sure as the many days until the cruise go by I will have a lot of questions.  Like I said we have mostly cruised on smaller ships and it has also been a hot minute since we cruised at all so I am rusty on the planning.  I do know I want to rustle up some people to do the escape room.  

You might want to consider the indirectly mentioned TA, as the group rate is likely not beatable and it includes the ability to cancel up to final payment.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, xpcdoojk said:

You might want to consider the indirectly mentioned TA, as the group rate is likely not beatable and it includes the ability to cancel up to final payment.  

I would but have not been able to get that information.   

3 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I would but have not been able to get that information.   

John's email address is in his signature, if you expand it.  

I couldn't "expand", but here it is from previous correspondences -- JMDURLAND at  msn dot com

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

John's email address is in his signature, if you expand it.  

I tried that but no response.  I know I was not on the original so maybe I have to wait until they have a chance first.  Or something like that.  It is ok and my TA is really great and going through a really bad time right now so I don't mind going with her as long as I can be part of the gang for all the fun stuff onboard.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keksie said:

I tried that but no response.  I know I was not on the original so maybe I have to wait until they have a chance first.  Or something like that.  It is ok and my TA is really great and going through a really bad time right now so I don't mind going with her as long as I can be part of the gang for all the fun stuff onboard.

No, everyone is eligible now.  Might just be a bit of email backlog for @John&LaLa, both between the travel and his recent illness.  Try sending another message.

I'm looking forward to meeting you in person!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Back from the Bella cruise and trying to catch up here.  Had enough troubles keeping up with the Bella thread while onboard.  Went back a few pages and see I missed Dani's updates as well as a few others I am sure.  

Will say we had a great time on the cruise but doubt we will ever travel again in March, way too many, especially kids.  Heard there were over 2000 18 and under.  Thankful for our Bella friends and our nightly meet ups in the Schooner as well as other fun activities. Looking at Bella2 but nit sure, it is my birthday week but ends on Super Bowl Sunday and Jim likes to be home for that, or at least not tired from a day of traveling.  Not looking like many cabins left already so may book at figure it out later.

Was really great to meet everyone face to face, wish I was able to chat with more of you, maybe next time.

• Like 8

Dani- Good that recent medical tests  have eliminated the cause of pain for your husband. Sometimes trying to get a diagnosis is like solving a puzzle.

Wanted to add that I was sorry to hear that your trip had to be cancelled.

Wishing you better days when you and hubby can travel again.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Keksie said:

They may but I have never noticed it and most cruises we are on deck 8.  The only time I remember noise is when across the hall from us was a crew station where I think they were washing dishes. I don't ever remember noise after 10.00pm 

If you are considering B2 grab one now and if you feel later that something else sounds better then switch.  With a refundable deposit you are not locked in.  When I look yesterday or Sunday there we only 2 OVB in the center area.

• Thanks 1