Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I was curious after reading this, so I did a search on our State Store (Fine Wines and Good Spirits).  

It said that six of their stores had a limited stock, and those were all around Philadelphia.   $199 for a 750 ml bottle. 

It’s definitely possible but FWGS website is also notorious for being wrong.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I think a lot of big-name writers are now either cranking out books too quickly or are co-writing with other people (to get more books out quickly).  Lee Child for example now co-writes with his brother Andrew, and Andrew is supposedly doing most of the writing, even though Lee's name is biggest on the book cover.  I'm not sure how 2 people can write 1 book, but the quality seems to be dropping off.

I agree with this 💯%.  I’ve been re-reading the Harry Bosch books by Michael Connelly because I started this series close to 20 years ago.  The earlier novels are better than his more recent ones and I enjoy them just as much the 2nd time around.  At least he hasn’t started co-writing yet.  

• Like 2

One last sunset last night. I started to walk into a elevator and saw the sun all lite up and got off and took a few pictures. Leaving coco cay, but I'll be back. Chicken sandwich seemed smaller, thinner but it was thin and crispy and very good. We never once had chocolate chip cookies onboard, so these at coco cay I tried one, ooey gooey sitting in the sun with half melted chocolate chips made them taste fresh out of the oven. And there is no rule you cant have a 2nd sandwich. I saved my appetite. Often I order fried eggs as a treat for breakfast but not yesterday. Maybe I've been to popeyes and just dont remember the chicken being almost pancake thin. So good and crispy though. I'm not complaining, just I guess I didnt remember. I like mango flavored water and none onboard, just at coco cay, though it seemed very watered down,,not just my opinion. But funnel cake and chicken sandwich were perfect.

20240920_192250.jpg

20240920_110710.jpg

• Like 8

4 hours ago, George C said:

I am almost done with Never by Ken Follett , really enjoyed that . Next is Long Shadows by my favorite author David Baldacci.

I read Long Shadows.  I always enjoy the Amos Decker series.  I think you will like this one too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mary&Jim said:

I like pretty much anything by James Patterson. I just finished David Baldacci's Calamity of Souls. I'm a new fan. His writing style reminds me of John Grisham's older stuff. The Women and Four Winds were good, also. For lighter beach reads, I like Elin Hildebrand and Janet Evanovich. Robert B. Parker and Stuart Woods are also favorites. Sad when they both passed.

I always enjoyed Stuart Woods books.  I found them to be quick reads and would always take one on a cruise.  May he RIP.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I think John Grisham is just going through the motions now.  I guess he has to write at least one novel a year but he probably should take a break.

Many authors have done that.I heard several years ago that Grisham was getting tired of writing.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

You all know I am a bird nerd so my last read was non-fiction called Flight Lines focusing on migrating birds from Australia to Alaska and/or Russia and back via the East Asian Australasian flyway.  Fascinating read about the vast distances these shorebirds take annually and the impact of habitat loss via climate change and coastal development in China has on their migrations.

Current read is a very good fiction murder mystery but want to finish the book first before I recommend.

Started the new Netflix drama that @lenquixote66 recommended.  I have never been a fan of Nicole Kidman but I do like Liev Schrieber and I am hooked after watching episode one of The Perfect Couple.  No spoilers please.

I am a huge Nicole Kidman fan and try to watch everything she is in.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Lenny, I have to say....... Thanks for recommending Megan Leavy. 
I am not at all the "movie crier" but more of an "eye roller" when I see people tearing in a movie! However, I bawled when Rex cried and whimpered while Megan was saying good bye. And could not help myself tearing up after that. What profound effects dogs have on us!

Maryann mentioned the film first .I agree with you re dogs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I agree with this 💯%.  I’ve been re-reading the Harry Bosch books by Michael Connelly because I started this series close to 20 years ago.  The earlier novels are better than his more recent ones and I enjoy them just as much the 2nd time around.  At least he hasn’t started co-writing yet.  

I also read the Harry Bosch books years ago.

One last sunset last night. I started to walk into a elevator and saw the sun all lite up and got off and took a few pictures. Leaving coco cay, but I'll be back. Chicken sandwich seemed smaller, thinner but it was thin and crispy and very good. We never once had chocolate chip cookies onboard, so these at coco cay I tried one, ooey gooey sitting in the sun with half melted chocolate chips made them taste fresh out of the oven. And there is no rule you cant have a 2nd sandwich. I saved my appetite. Often I order fried eggs as a treat for breakfast but not yesterday. Maybe I've been to popeyes and just dont remember the chicken being almost pancake thin. So good and crispy though. I'm not complaining, just I guess I didnt remember. I like mango flavored water and none onboard, just at coco cay, though it seemed very watered down,,not just my opinion. But funnel cake and chicken sandwich were perfect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Does anyone here read Brad Meltzer novels ?He is a nephew of one of my long time friends.

Brad Meltzer writes excellent novels! I think it was “The Millionaires” where a lot of the action takes place in the tunnels under Walt Disney World. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I read Long Shadows.  I always enjoy the Amos Decker series.  I think you will like this one too.

The funny thing about Ken Follett is I bought a autographed copy of “ on wings of eagles” a few decades ago it was autographed by him and all the people involved including Ross Perot about 6 months afterwards my wife got a job with a company owned by Mr Perot and would see him daily. Here is a Mr Perot and Shelagh at a Christmas party many years ago.

image.thumb.jpeg.5cbcfa40840e449dab728b801b0b26f3.jpeg

• Like 1