Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

17 hours ago, helen haywood said:

This is Diana’s current attitude...

image.thumb.jpeg.746aa67ab0ed59678efcbef0b7e21b93.jpeg

Aww soo sweet!  I always got a kick out of it when Katie slept like that.  I would ask her "Do you want Mommie to buy you a sleeping mask to keep out the light?".   😄  

Then I would sneak up to her and put my face in her belly to give her a belly snuzzle.  She never even opened her eyes...but started purring like crazy.  Silly Momma.  😉 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

It looks lonely - just like ours in the storage room EXCEPT our are dusty!!!!

Mine are coming out in a couple of hours.  5:30 am pickup for the airport tomorrow morning.  😮 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Is there a Mexican place still around called Huertas? Probably spelled wrong. It was definitely a hole in the wall, but people would stand outside in line for over an hour. It was that good and they only had a few tables inside. A very small place. I don’t remember exactly where it was in Dallas, but IIRC it was across from what we called the crazy hospital. 😀  They opened up another one and people said it was never as good as the original. A group of friends and I would go at least twice a month if not more. This was about 37 years ago.

Pretty sure you are talking about Herreras , I went there several times when I moved to Dallas in 1982, I love byob and that was byob, I believe that location closed but others are still open. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

Next March for my birthday #79 - we have booked the Vision of the Seas for a B2B starting on 2/25  - a 10 & 11 night Southern Caribbean itinerary. The Vision is a tad old but hell...........I'm OLD too!!!!! We booked it for the variety of ports  and leaving from FLL which is about an hour and a half drive from home.

Then you have to put up with us later on the Jewel and Serenade B2Bs.  😮 

14 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Yes, how is his name not “Mittens”?!

I had a cat with 6 toes on each front foot.  There is a scientific name, but the common nickname is "Hemingway cat"...since the author had a lot of those with that odd DNA at his home in Key West. 

She never even made it to 5 pounds, but had those huge front feet.  Naturally her name was "Mitzi".  😉 Little spitfire made it to 20 years old.  I miss her still.  

OK...found the proper name:

A polydactyl cat is a cat with a congenital physical anomaly called polydactyly (or polydactylism, also known as hyperdactyly), which causes the cat to be born with more than the usual number of toes on one or more of its paws.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

Mine are coming out in a couple of hours.  5:30 am pickup for the airport tomorrow morning.  😮 

Have fun packing - don't forget the thermal underwear, gloves, hats, scarves, sweaters, sweatshirts, boots and parkas!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to lots of pictures...............Safe travels..............

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Have fun packing - don't forget the thermal underwear, gloves, hats, scarves, sweaters, sweatshirts, boots and parkas!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to lots of pictures...............Safe travels..............

LOL...yeah, the weather is a bit odd up there.  Last week near 80 and sunny...now this coming week (when my sister will be with us just for the one week...poor sis 😞 )...is cold, rainy, cloudy barely getting to 60.  Then the following week back up near 80 again.  Quite the swing.  

All three of us are staying at the Bar Harbor Inn at Bar Harbor for our 25th anniversary on Tuesday night, with a morning sail boat tour at 10 am.  Brrrrr.....  Not the weather you hope for when visiting Bar Harbor.  But at least we get to do a cruise for at least a couple of chilly hours there.  😉 Dinner in the Reading room restaurant at the Inn.  🥰

I will try to take pictures of the Moose going by with their parkas on.  😄 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

Just so you know, it is 46 degrees here right now.😏

Yeah...so much for nice weather for our first week...anniversary on the 1st, my birthday on the 5th.  Snuggle weather I guess.  

Will pick up ingredients to make my homemade Chili....for later in the week.  😉  Have to fit that in with the fresh steamed lobster.  😄 

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yeah...so much for nice weather for our first week...anniversary on the 1st, my birthday on the 5th.  Snuggle weather I guess.  

Will pick up ingredients to make my homemade Chili....for later in the week.  😉  Have to fit that in with the fresh steamed lobster.  😄 

MMMMmmmmm- lobster and chili...........I'll take mine in mac n' cheese please!!!

Have a wonderful birthday and anniversary celebration. Our anniversary celebration should be on the Edge - MAYBE!!!!!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL...yeah, the weather is a bit odd up there.  Last week near 80 and sunny...now this coming week (when my sister will be with us just for the one week...poor sis 😞 )...is cold, rainy, cloudy barely getting to 60.  Then the following week back up near 80 again.  Quite the swing.  

All three of us are staying at the Bar Harbor Inn at Bar Harbor for our 25th anniversary on Tuesday night, with a morning sail boat tour at 10 am.  Brrrrr.....  Not the weather you hope for when visiting Bar Harbor.  But at least we get to do a cruise for at least a couple of chilly hours there.  😉 Dinner in the Reading room restaurant at the Inn.  🥰

Does your sister attract bad weather - hurricanes etc???? Just sayin'................look for a dark cloud above her head which is just a good indicator.

9 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

MMMMmmmmm- lobster and chili...........I'll take mine in mac n' cheese please!!!

Have a wonderful birthday and anniversary celebration. Our anniversary celebration should be on the Edge - MAYBE!!!!!

I sure hope to get to spend it on the Edge...errr...the ship that is.  😉  

We were supposed to be boarding Allure this Sunday to celebrate wedding bliss #25, then my birthday...sigh...

But will be fun to do the alternative...though chilly...Bar Harbor thing.  

Looking forward to my first real lobster roll, missing for 2 years!  😋

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Does your sister attract bad weather - hurricanes etc???? Just sayin'................look for a dark cloud above her head which is just a good indicator.

Yeah, I think she does.   When she first moved down here from Michigan we had the double whammy that hit where she lives on North Hutchinson Island...which was pretty much "ground zero" for both of them.  I know you remember those!  😮  I think it was 2004.  

Now...the weather has turned bad up in Maine.  

Maybe if I make sure she has some wine in her hand when she gets there...may improve the weather?  😉 

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yeah, I think she does.   When she first moved down here from Michigan we had the double whammy that hit where she lives on North Hutchinson Island...which was pretty much "ground zero" for both of them.  I know you remember those!  😮  I think it was 2004.  

Now...the weather has turned bad up in Maine.  

Maybe if I make sure she has some wine in her hand when she gets there...may improve the weather?  😉 

I hope that Mother Nature will be kind to you all. We may want to know your sisters schedules so that we can plan accordingly............LOL😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, island lady said:

Enjoy. 🍷 Just remember, the moose is always loose.

• Like 1

Last night I hosted the bachelorette dinner for bridal party and mother and grandmother of groom.  It was the start of the weekend of celebration for the DD. 
After dinner the responsible parental units were dismissed and a night of bar hopping ensued. 

Dinner must have been a success. Eleven people celebrated and the bar bill matched the dinner bill. Um, I had decaffeinated coffee.

I had an hour drive home via turnpike and with the rain and high wind warning wanted to be alert. 

Today if the boats run they are going to Put N Bay. But with flooding and water craft warnings it may not happen. 

Plan B for them Is to go to an Indians baseball game. 

They are hoping to awaken by noon. They texted me for a wake up call from the hotel. 
They were able to get late departure. 

At dinner, 

All the entrees were excellent. Also we tried every appetizer on the menu. 

The DH asked if we had fun. Of course we did. When he sees the credit card statement  I will just say to him will be “we only have one daughter “ 

I will probably throw in the usual  “ love ya”. 

Today. Chillin. Tonight is our priest last Saturday evening mass. Took the cookies to the church hall for reception tomorrow. 

Hope all have a safe Memorial Day Weekend. 

A6D7C197-EBD0-4333-B591-3E0C2C841CB7.jpeg

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks....will feel weird packing again this afternoon, so soon after we dragged them around CA two weeks ago.  😉 

Speaking of "Moose"..............just a suggestion from your friend.............don't try the "Authentic Natural Ingredients Moose Tracks" Ice Cream - beware that it sometimes marketed as "Made From Scratch Ingredients". You can thank me later!!!!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Last night I hosted the bachelorette dinner for bridal party and mother and grandmother of groom.  It was the start of the weekend of celebration for the DD. 
After dinner the responsible parental units were dismissed and a night of bar hopping ensued. 

Dinner must have been a success. Eleven people celebrated and the bar bill matched the dinner bill. Um, I had decaffeinated coffee.

I had an hour drive home via turnpike and with the rain and high wind warning wanted to be alert. 

Today if the boats run they are going to Put N Bay. But with flooding and water craft warnings it may not happen. 

Plan B for them Is to go to an Indians baseball game. 

They are hoping to awaken by noon. They texted me for a wake up call from the hotel. 
They were able to get late departure. 

At dinner, 

All the entrees were excellent. Also we tried every appetizer on the menu. 

The DH asked if we had fun. Of course we did. When he sees the credit card statement  I will just say to him will be “we only have one daughter “ 

I will probably throw in the usual  “ love ya”. 

Today. Chillin. Tonight is our priest last Saturday evening mass. Took the cookies to the church hall for reception tomorrow. 

Hope all have a safe Memorial Day Weekend. 

A6D7C197-EBD0-4333-B591-3E0C2C841CB7.jpeg

We hosted our sons wedding party dinner in New York City...............I guess that we should have pushed the "why not elope scenario". I can imagine the cost of the wedding hosted by our now daughter-in-laws parents.

Enjoy every minute - hope that Mother Nature will be kinder today.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Speaking of "Moose"..............just a suggestion from your friend.............don't try the "Authentic Natural Ingredients Moose Tracks" Ice Cream - beware that it sometimes marketed as "Made From Scratch Ingredients". You can thank me later!!!!

Read this to Bucky...went totally over his head.  Guess it's been awhile since we had ice cream.  😄 

But me...yeah, will stay away from the "natural ingredients".   Have enough "Deer tracks, with natural ingredients" in my yard as it is.  🤢

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

Read this to Bucky...went totally over his head.  Guess it's been awhile since we had ice cream.  😄 

But me...yeah, will stay away from the "natural ingredients".   Have enough "Deer tracks, with natural ingredients" in my yard as it is.  🤢

I am glad that you understand - I hope that Bucky doesn't go grocery shopping and come back with a quart of "Ben & Jerry's Moose Droppings"...............or Canada Geese sausages!!!!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Since we're all doing cat pictures now...  Presenting Basil the wonder kitty.

15 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

He is named after my favorite TV Character.  I was and am still a big John Cleese fan and loved Fawlty Towers

I remember Sybil [Basil's wife] angrily calling him to order: "B A Z I LLLLLL"....   😁

[yes darling]

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Just so you know, it is 46 degrees here right now.😏

54 here, and the DW is refusing to go for a boat ride.  I keep telling her, the wind from the north is dying down and it feels less cold now.  She is not buying it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, helen haywood said:

How impressive!!  Tell us about the patents!  (In words of one syllable 😁.)

😁 The kids were always asking DH: "Actually 😁, dad, what are you doing at work"?

I'll give it my best shot, one syllable or not...

In general, it had to do with the ink jet printing industry [Hewlett-Packard, for example]. He worked 37 years for the same company, which changed names and ownerships along the way.

One patent is called: "Method of ink jet printing with image quality control"... Simple words, right?

Another: "Apparatus and method for printing"... again, simple.

And another, more "complicated" word wise: "Drum printer with automatic loading and unloading".

I rest my case 😉

• Like 4