FCC for Dorian and then COVID cruise not Extended Past October 2020

20 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

If the current trend is any indication, that may not happen much outside of final payment.

I don't have any more final payment situations.

i mean just in general.

these are sailings i have no bookings on, but want to book.  I just can't believe I bought a cruise in the same area one year earlier for three times less. 

But I understand they have to cope with not sailing and with all those 125% credits they handed out

2 hours ago, pcur said:

I just went through this last year, and only 1 FCC can be applied to a single cruise.

That's what I feared.  Thanks for confirming.  

Makes it difficult then when you have multiple FCCs from cancellations . 

Another question....the FCC from Dorian has no end date so we could apply that one to a cruise we have in 2022 (vs the coronavirus ones have to be on a cruise before Dec 31, 2021). But what happens if after we apply the Dorian FCC, we end up changing that cruise (e.g. we cancel that sailing and then book another cruise for one that we missed due to coronavirus cancellation)?  Will that Dorian FCC be re-issued if it's past the due date? Or is it lost?

18 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Maybe since there are so few in your situation you might be able to speak with the resolutions department and ask if they’ll give you a new FCC with an extended expiration date, given both of your cruises fell under such extenuating circumstances. If I were you I’d give it a try to get through to them and see if you find one who will sympathize. 

Other than that though, I highly suggest buying cancel-for-any-reason insurance from now on. Hopefully you won’t continue with such bad luck and won’t need it in the future, but it’ll ease the headache.

Oh believe me, we've pleaded our case over and over...via phone, social media, etc.  Repeatedly told by all levels that this is the policy and nothing they can do.  It sounds like all previous FCCs wrapped up in this situation were extended to Oct 31, 2020... which means a pitiful 1 month extension for our Sept 2020 original expiration.  RCCL considers this a goodwill gesture.  Since ALL cruises have been cancelled from mid March to mid May I tried arguing that's 2 months of eligibility I'm missing out on so I deserve a minimum 2 month extension.  They do not care one bit.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I'm aware of that. My question was asking if they got $$ and an FCC for the Hurricane Dorian cruise. Many times the cruise lines gives a refund and an FCC in circumstances like that. 

To answer your question, we received an FCC from the Dorian cruise and a refund for the pre-purchased on board items, port fees, taxes, etc.  A total refund was not offered as the cruise was technically shortened (7 days to 3 days) and not actually cancelled.  See my earlier post for full details.

UPDATE

Wow! Miracles do happen!  I emailed the RCCL CEO about 10 days ago and today I heard back from the Executive Office. They are extending our FCC so that it expires December 2021 like all others on the cancelled May 3 Harmony of the Seas. To be honest, I was surprised they responded to my email, let alone extended the FCC even though it was the right thing to do. 

Time to plan our next cruise.  I'm #RoyalLoyal again

• Like 4

On 4/8/2020 at 7:32 PM, agraning said:

Oh believe me, we've pleaded our case over and over...via phone, social media, etc.  Repeatedly told by all levels that this is the policy and nothing they can do.  It sounds like all previous FCCs wrapped up in this situation were extended to Oct 31, 2020... which means a pitiful 1 month extension for our Sept 2020 original expiration.  RCCL considers this a goodwill gesture.  Since ALL cruises have been cancelled from mid March to mid May I tried arguing that's 2 months of eligibility I'm missing out on so I deserve a minimum 2 month extension.  They do not care one bit.  

37 minutes ago, SoccerMom#3 said:

UPDATE

Wow! Miracles do happen!  I emailed the RCCL CEO about 10 days ago and today I heard back from the Executive Office. They are extending our FCC so that it expires December 2021 like all others on the cancelled May 3 Harmony of the Seas. To be honest, I was surprised they responded to my email, let alone extended the FCC even though it was the right thing to do. 

Hey @agraning - Try again, it looks like @SoccerMom#3 was able to persuade someone to do it. 

Good luck- I hope it works for you too!

41 minutes ago, SoccerMom#3 said:

UPDATE

@RosieRoo try this.  E mail is mbayley@rccl.com

On 4/2/2020 at 3:18 PM, SoccerMom#3 said:

I asked each person I talked to if the October 31, 2020 date was a book by or sail by date and they all told me sail by.  Sounds like I need to call again.,  If it's book by I can live with that.  I just can't sail by this October especially since it's unknown when they'll be able to sail again.

There are times when it is better to book through a Travel Agent. This would be that time. Cruise lines in general are famous for giving out wrong information on a good day. Imagine what it's like now with the rules and the playing field changing by the minute. I can't keep up and I read all of these threads. I don't know how Ken hasn't self destructed yet.

4 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

There are times when it is better to book through a Travel Agent. This would be that time. Cruise lines in general are famous for giving out wrong information on a good day. Imagine what it's like now with the rules and the playing field changing by the minute. I can't keep up and I read all of these threads. I don't know how Ken hasn't self destructed yet.

Lol, frustrating for sure.  Glad that I mainly deal with Royal.  

• Like 1

On 4/2/2020 at 1:45 PM, SoccerMom#3 said:

I'm so frustrated at Royal Caribbean, I could spit nails. Our September  2019 Harmony cruise was canceled due to Hurricane Dorian so we used the Future Cruise Credit (FCC) to book the May 3, 2020 Harmony cruise.  Due to COVID-19 this cruise was cancelled too.  Of course i'm glad both cruises were cancelled and applaud Royal for doing that.  BUT, Royal is saying our FCC expires October 2020 since that is when the original FCC expires.  They refuse to extend the FCC to December 2021 which is what they are doing for those who booked the May cruise without FCC.  

On 4/2/2020 at 2:11 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

The original FCC from Dorian has an APPLY by date why the FCC from the cancelled cruise has a SAIL by date.  As long as you apply the Dorian certificate to a cruise by Oct 31 the actual sailing date can be further out.  Just went through this for a client.

I just called Royal for similar to confirm the re-issued FCC.

• Original FCC from Dorian had to be applied by Aug 31, 2020 for any cruise (no sail by date)
  • It was applied to our cruise in March that was cancelled due to coronavirus.

The Royal agent put me on hold and talked with her supervisor who said the FCC would be re-issued but it has to be applied to a cruise sailing by Oct 31, 2020.

Does this sound right?  Who knows if there will even be cruises back up before then.  

I did question her, but as she asked the supervisor re-issuing it, it seems like this is the current rule.  THe annoying thing too is that I asked to receive an email for the re-issued FCC and she couldn't send anything (so no proof of the "cruise departed by Oct 31")

5 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

I just called Royal for similar to confirm the re-issued FCC.

• Original FCC from Dorian had to be applied by Aug 31, 2020 for any cruise (no sail by date)
  • It was applied to our cruise in March that was cancelled due to coronavirus.

The Royal agent put me on hold and talked with her supervisor who said the FCC would be re-issued but it has to be applied to a cruise sailing by Oct 31, 2020.

Does this sound right?  Who knows if there will even be cruises back up before then.  

I did question her, but as she asked the supervisor re-issuing it, it seems like this is the current rule.  THe annoying thing too is that I asked to receive an email for the re-issued FCC and she couldn't send anything (so no proof of the "cruise departed by Oct 31")

Call back.

they extended the apply by dates to Oct 31.  It should still be able to be applied by as long as you apply by Aug 31 under the original terms. 

Keep you eye out for price drops. On the phone now, just save clients $1500 on Oasis over thanksgiving. 

Thanks for the quick reply.  The agent was quite adamant about being "sail by Oct 31st" and not "apply by".   You're saying that we should still be able to "apply by" Aug 31st since it has been re-activated?  

Can try calling again.