Oceania Refunds - Has anyone actually received any cash yet?

Pster55

3 hours ago, Glenndale said:

Just filled in form for a section 75 for our March 30th TA.

Sad that it has come to this, especially after reading that so many North American guests have been made whole for cruises departing after ours.

Maybe because most probably all North Americans  pay by CC that go directly to the cruise line  & not to the Travel Agency

Where  now  the Travel agency has your money & will take their time  giving it back to you

2 hours ago, drkitkat123 said:

do TA's still receive commissions if we get refunded? I hoped they would but was not sure. I wonder if it is different in different countries? Did not want to raise with my TA

My understanding TA's will continue to receive commissions for cruises cancelled by O (not for those where pax cancel before O cancels) . My TA said she would receive her commission. Would assume would apply to for all countries. NCL (O is part of) have publicly stated "Travel agent commissions on cancelled cruises will be protected"

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Maybe because most probably all North Americans  pay by CC that go directly to the cruise line  & not to the Travel Agency

Where  now  the Travel agency has your money & will take their time  giving it back to you

As of yesterday my TA had not received any money, and as of yesterday Oceania couldn’t specify when they would refund.

53 minutes ago, LoveChops said:

Finally, 96 days after cancelling our cruise, we have received our refund today!! Yippee!!😀👍.

Hope those still waiting receive don't have too much longer to wait.

Pleased for you 🙂

Did O cancel the cruise or did you? and when were you due to sail?

5 hours ago, Glenndale said:

Just filled in form for a section 75 for our March 30th TA.

Sad that it has come to this, especially after reading that so many North American guests have been made whole for cruises departing after ours.

The important date is not when your cruise was set to sail but when you canceled.  Have others with the same cancel due been receiving refunds?  

Edit - Sorry I just saw your later post.

Edited by KS&JW

11 minutes ago, KS&JW said:

The important date is not when your cruise was set to sail but when you canceled.  Have others with the same cancel due been receiving refunds?  

Edit - Sorry I just saw your later post.

We have been keeping in touch on the roll call it seems that most have now been refunded.

1 hour ago, Glenndale said:

As of yesterday my TA had not received any money, and as of yesterday Oceania couldn’t specify when they would refund.

Well hopefully the   the credit card company will come through for you soon

5 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

When was your cruise?

How long to use the FCC?

Cruise due to start on 19th April, FCC valid up to end 2022. I have used the FCC for a promotional cruise starting 11th NOV 20, not sure this one will ever start...

3 minutes ago, Francis06 said:

Cruise due to start on 19th April, FCC valid up to end 2022. I have used the FCC for a promotional cruise starting 11th NOV 20, not sure this one will ever start...

Maybe by Nov  things  will be OK

Hard to know these days  with new outbreaks in some places

Fingers crossed you get to sail

8 minutes ago, AD607 said:

We requested a refund of our canceled Alaskan cruise on April 27. The full refund was posted on our credit card today.

you are very lucky I should say. Some people are still waiting. Its terrible. I wonder how long it took other passangers of that cruise. I doubt that everyone received their refunds the same day. It must be taking forever for some. I hope everyone who has cancelled will get their money back as soon as possible. 

46 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

you are very lucky I should say. Some people are still waiting. Its terrible. I wonder how long it took other passangers of that cruise. I doubt that everyone received their refunds the same day. It must be taking forever for some. I hope everyone who has cancelled will get their money back as soon as possible. 

I know someone who canceled their fall cruise on June 1st and got their money back 3 days later.  Which would have been what you would have expected if you canceled last year.   It look me 6 weeks for the same fall cruise when I canceled in March.  So you really never know.   Those that got their money back quickly are likely to not post here.  

48 minutes ago, KS&JW said:

It look me 6 weeks for the same fall cruise when I canceled in March.  So you really never know.   Those that got their money back quickly are likely to not post here.  

It took me 43 days to get back 3 deposits and 53 days to get a refund for a fully paid cruise.

8 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

It took me 43 days to get back 3 deposits and 53 days to get a refund for a fully paid cruise.

Whilst we are pleased that people are getting their money back, we would have expected that cruises cancelled by Oceania would be paid back before those cancelled by passengers and that cruises with an earlier leaving date would be refunded first. We are 98 days from a cruise which was cancelled by Oceania and should've left on April 14th. We are in the UK though and that seems to make a big difference. Our TA keeps promising us the money should be here soon but we are losing patience, we paid in full in October 2019 which means that they have had our money for 8 months +, earning interest from it and we have had nothing from them. On our roll call, people have been posting when they have been refunded quickly and without exception they have been from the US.

12 minutes ago, HOLIDAYREADER said:

Whilst we are pleased that people are getting their money back, we would have expected that cruises cancelled by Oceania would be paid back before those cancelled by passengers and that cruises with an earlier leaving date would be refunded first. We are 98 days from a cruise which was cancelled by Oceania and should've left on April 14th. We are in the UK though and that seems to make a big difference. Our TA keeps promising us the money should be here soon but we are losing patience, we paid in full in October 2019 which means that they have had our money for 8 months +, earning interest from it and we have had nothing from them. On our roll call, people have been posting when they have been refunded quickly and without exception they have been from the US.

As per your post #598   the refund  went to your TA  so time to start  bugging your TA or go to your CC company & file  a dispute

According to you  Oceania refunded your money so they did  their part

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HOLIDAYREADER said:

Just now, piscean said:

Hello

i believe  we are using the same Agent in Chorley. We are having the same difficulty getting our refund from them although I have it from the cruise company (Regent) that my refund is processed. 
Now the agent is saying that they have to wait for the other suppliers and they haven’t yet received the refund.

It is now over 90 days!

25 minutes ago, piscean said:

Hello

i believe  we are using the same Agent in Chorley. We are having the same difficulty getting our refund from them although I have it from the cruise company (Regent) that my refund is processed. 
Now the agent is saying that they have to wait for the other suppliers and they haven’t yet received the refund.

It is now over 90 days!

Yes Oceania say they have refunded it but they apparently have just refunded it in a chunk and it is now up to the TA to decide who gets what. Having said that I don't think either Oceania or the TA come out of this well as neither of them have kept us up to date with what is happening; we weren't notified by either of them that the cruise was cancelled, let alone letting us know when they were processing our claim. Both of them are making the maximum use out of our money. I know that Covid has made it difficult for companies, but it has made it difficult for those of use who are self employed and need to use our own money to survive. We are pressing the TA but their customer service department are very unhelpful.

3 hours ago, LHT28 said:

As per your post #598   the refund  went to your TA  so time to start  bugging your TA or go to your CC company & file  a dispute

According to you  Oceania refunded your money so they did  their part

Two points; we have been 'bugging' our TA from day 1. Oceania SAY they have refunded our money but we haven't seen it yet. In our contract with them they state that if they cancel the cruise they will refund within 14 days but they haven't refunded within 90 days- they didn't even inform us that the cruise was cancelled. I don't consider they have done 'their part'. Reading these posts those people who are satisfied with the refund process are those who have now got their money back, mostly much more quickly than we have, but thanks for the empathy.

4 minutes ago, HOLIDAYREADER said:

In our contract with them they state that if they cancel the cruise they will refund within 14 days but they haven't refunded within 90 days-

The 14 days I believe is in the contract with your agent or British law.

Oceania has no such wording in their contract - at least not here in US.

It has been discussed on this thread earlier.

I am truly sorry that you are having so much trouble.