ROTTERDAM SCHEDULED FOR DEPARTURE FROM PORT EVERGLADES MON 06 APR 2020

Copper10-8

Where did I read that the ships will be going into a "cold" lay-up, meaning that there will only be enough crew on board to keep the basic operation running, and then it will take two or three weeks to make them operational again when they decide to start cruising again?  If they are starting to send staff home, this sounds like that is beginning, instead of the "hot" lay-up they are doing now.

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

1800 is still just scheduled and not confirmed.

Roy

True, but 1800 is a real time and not just a placeholder time.  More chance now that she will sail this evening. If she wasn't going to sail they would have left it at 11.11 or 22.22.  It may move to 1900h or later but...........

Reckon we will have a sailaway! 

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

Where did I read that the ships will be going into a "cold" lay-up, meaning that there will only be enough crew on board to keep the basic operation running, and then it will take two or three weeks to make them operational again when they decide to start cruising again?  If they are starting to send staff home, this sounds like that is beginning, instead of the "hot" lay-up they are doing now.

I think @chengkp75 posted it somewhere. I’m not sure which thread it was on.

1 hour ago, Copper10-8 said:

It appears Rotterdam will not be leaving PE until those remaining 29 pax and 24 service staff are on their way home, hence the various listed "departure times" of 11:11, 1800 and 22:22 hrs

I THINK the change from 22:22 to 18:00 means that those 53 people are on accounted for.

Roy

Just now, rafinmd said:

I hope she comes fairly close to that.  I have a 7:00 Maundy Thursday service.

Roy

6pm in Port Everglades is 11pm for me.  Bedtime! (I am a HAL cruiser after all!)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I hope she comes fairly close to that.  I have a 7:00 Maundy Thursday service.

Roy

When I was a small child, I always wondered how a day could be Monday and Thursday at the same time!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Rotterdam back to Scheduled at 22:22.  I wonder what happened.  Perhaps tonight, perhaps not.

Roy

Not everyone who is supposed to do do, quite ready to come off the Rottie as of yet?.......

6 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Virtual for sure.  Not quite sure how that will work.

Roy

My Minister conducted a Communion Service virtually last Sunday.  I had my cracker and glass of wine, as we were instructed to do before the service began.  It was a more meaningful service than I anticipated.  I hope yours go as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1