APRIL 6 REFUND THREAD: Have you received your refund?

edl868

I am frustrated with Carnival because I cannot get straight answers when we call regarding accounting procedures and how they come us with certain figures.  We had to go through two agents, a supervisor, and finally to accounting for things to be explained to our satisfaction.   Even then we have not received any gift cards or credit card refunds even though we cancelled and rebooked on March 13.  Kept getting emails saying we owed them money when it was them who owed us money.  Maybe if they had under a person’s profile a running account of their transactions with payments and credits then people could make better sense of what is going on and be more understanding.

Edited by HLGW60

4 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

Are you a lawyer?  Unless you are a lawyer at bar in either Louisiana or Florida, AND you wish to offer me pro bono legal representation and advocate FOR ME rather than for Carnival, and it is clear that is NOT your intent, perhaps you will keep your legal opinions to yourself.  In fact, I would greatly appreciate it if you would keep ALL of your opinions as regards my interactions with Carnival to yourself.

Since no one can help you here with your problem take it Elliott Advocacy and see what advise they have.

I had two cabins on the 3/28 Panorama.  Yesterday, I received 100% refund on the double my wife and I reserved.  We are waiting on the refund for a suite I booked for our daughter and family.  And American Airlines is being difficult. 

I see many responses here, and I have not received my refund back on my "credit card." I know many people filled out the form that they sent, but since I became pretty sick not too long after Carnival cancelled out, I decided to NOT file anything.  My PVP called and ask me what I wanted to do.  I told her I was not feeling well, and the last thing I wanted to do was "think" of another cruise right now.  I told her I wanted the option to have a full refund back on my credit card.  She did mention that it will be 90 days or more, so I just figured I would be PATIENT and wait!  I did get a refund back on the Pixel package I had ordered before we were to get on the ship.  Time will tell what will happened with each of us in regard to our refunds.

Day 54 still no refund.  I chose a full refund rather than FCC.  Like many who post here we are Diamond Level with Carnival.  I have called the Diamond Desk several times and have gotten answers of 10-14 days, 30 days and 90 days.  Refunds are certainly not one of the perks for Diamond level guests 🙂

57 minutes ago, fornays said:

Day 54 still no refund.  I chose a full refund rather than FCC.  Like many who post here we are Diamond Level with Carnival.  I have called the Diamond Desk several times and have gotten answers of 10-14 days, 30 days and 90 days.  Refunds are certainly not one of the perks for Diamond level guests 🙂

When was your sailing supposed to happen? That seems to be the order in which they are processing the refunds.

2 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

When was your sailing supposed to happen? That seems to be the order in which they are processing the refunds.

April 27th was the sailing date.  I cancelled March 11th.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2020 at 4:28 AM, skywonder said:

I thought I read on here a while ago that when people cancel their Carnival cruise, they are not getting a confirmation number, email, nothing of any kind, Is this true? Is this with online cancellations through their website or just on the phone with a PVP? I'm just wondering which way is the safest way to cancel, if there is one.

When I cancelled our trip (scheduled for May 23rd) on April 1st, the only thing I got from Carnival was a "Shore Excursion Cancellation Notification", nothing for the cruise itself.  It has been 34 days and counting, no refund of any kind as of yet...

On 4/30/2020 at 12:29 PM, ireashmott said:

As an update, I spoke with Carnival today. They said that they had incorrectly processed all refunds for Canadians. So all Canadians who have received a refund, it will be reversed and they will see the refund correctly posted in the next week or so. 

Ugh, hopefully they have the Canadian situation sorted out by the time mine comes (I was sailing April 10) but it's good to have a heads up just in case that happens to me.

3 hours ago, The Critical Cruiser said:

When I cancelled our trip (scheduled for May 23rd) on April 1st, the only thing I got from Carnival was a "Shore Excursion Cancellation Notification", nothing for the cruise itself.  It has been 34 days and counting, no refund of any kind as of yet...

OK, thanks for responding, I was very curious about this. I hope you get your refund soon.

This was my email to Carnival about a week ago  and second portion is the answer I just received. At least it is showing the correct amount and all.

Regarding cruise that was cancelled by Carnival , which was a May 11th cruise, booking number F75xxx  .  I rebooked the same day, new booking number    Sept 14 ,2020  . I paid $150 down payment and it went to my credit card right away. I am supposed to be getting a $434 refund back to my credit after everything. I am beginning to worry that I will not get it. I put my trust in Carnival by rebooking. There is no reason these refunds should take 90 days or longer in this world of technology today. A lot of us are beginning to think that Carnival will not uphold their promises to us loyal guests. We want to go on our Sept 14 2020 cruise if you do not cancel it as well, but please, send me my refund that I am owed and I will feel much better about you. Thank you , John

First let me say it’s my pleasure to review your reservation, we hope you are well during these trying times. On behalf of all of us at Carnival Cruise Line, we extend our sincere apologies for the disruption to your vacation plans.

This operational disruption exceeds anything our company has ever experienced. With this announcement, more than 1.5 million guests have been impacted. Our offices remain closed due to local government restrictions, and while our contact center team is working from home, technology limitations impact productivity. Refunds continue to be processed and are being issued yet it is taking longer than normal to show back up on your card.

Refunded:

3/30/20 $441.90 was refunded Visa 2xxxx
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, cocoa4 said:

On May 1st we received our full refund to our credit card for March 27th cruise canceled by Carnival. I do believe they are processing by cruise date. 

Good, hearing this will bring relief to many that are rightly worried.

3 hours ago, 48traveler said:

This was my email to Carnival about a week ago  and second portion is the answer I just received. At least it is showing the correct amount and all.

Regarding cruise that was cancelled by Carnival , which was a May 11th cruise, booking number F75xxx  .  I rebooked the same day, new booking number    Sept 14 ,2020  . I paid $150 down payment and it went to my credit card right away. I am supposed to be getting a $434 refund back to my credit after everything. I am beginning to worry that I will not get it. I put my trust in Carnival by rebooking. There is no reason these refunds should take 90 days or longer in this world of technology today. A lot of us are beginning to think that Carnival will not uphold their promises to us loyal guests. We want to go on our Sept 14 2020 cruise if you do not cancel it as well, but please, send me my refund that I am owed and I will feel much better about you. Thank you , John

First let me say it’s my pleasure to review your reservation, we hope you are well during these trying times. On behalf of all of us at Carnival Cruise Line, we extend our sincere apologies for the disruption to your vacation plans.

This operational disruption exceeds anything our company has ever experienced. With this announcement, more than 1.5 million guests have been impacted. Our offices remain closed due to local government restrictions, and while our contact center team is working from home, technology limitations impact productivity. Refunds continue to be processed and are being issued yet it is taking longer than normal to show back up on your card.

Refunded:

3/30/20 $441.90 was refunded Visa 2xxxx

Thanks for posting I hope everything goes well.

My sailing was scheduled for March 14th.  I chose FCC plus OBC but when I called the second week of April to find out the process for rebooking I was told my cancellation was processed as a refund April 3rd. I disputed it because I especially wanted the OBC.  The cruise was book with Carnival gift cards.  I spoke with a supervisor who said the refund couldn't be reversed but they would put a note on the original booking to apply $600 OBC for a future booking upon my request.  I was told the refund would be credited to the original gift cards.

When I called again to inquire about an August sailing I also asked about my refund.  That person said she expected the refund would come via newly issued gift card(s) however she couldn't access my booking to verify my OBC because the original booking was through a travel agent so her access to view it was blocked.  

I opened a ticket with the travel agent's office.  The original agent is no longer with them.  Someone called back and said he spoke with Carnival and the refund would be loaded on the original cards and my OBC does show up on the original booking to be referenced when applying it to a future booking.

So I've received conflicting information.  I check my original cards regularly and they show a zero balance and I haven't received any new card(s) in the mail.  Not sure which information is correct and when it will come through.  Any ideas?  It sucks they didn't process it as FCC because I ended up booking the Aug sailing with my credit card so now I have funds tied up when the gift cards/FCC would have been enough to cover what is to be my first solo cruise. 

The original booking was for a 7-day Breeze 8A Balcony for $438 including gratuities.  The current booking is for a 7-day Vista IS Interior for $439 not including gratuities.  I haven't applied my $600 OBC yet in case they cancel this one the bookings aren't linked so I would expect another $600 OBC offer.  As long as its all honored $600 off a $440 investment is not bad I figure.  And I'll finally get to try Cheers since my cruising partner, my sister, refuses to get it when we cruise.

2 hours ago, cocoa4 said:

On May 1st we received our full refund to our credit card for March 27th cruise canceled by Carnival. I do believe they are processing by cruise date. 

Our cruise was March 13th and still no refund.  We got an email from Carnival saying they "processed" our refund (almost $2,000 since we had two cabins) back in March.  We got the refund for the taxes, port fees etc (roughly $380 for the two cabins) two days later, but still waiting for the $2,000.  I've called and the rep just said they had no idea when it would be back on my card.  It's comforting to know some refunds are coming in, but definitely not in the order they were cancelled.  That is confusing.  Crossing fingers ours is soon because we are like most people and could use the money.  Thanks for the update. 

2 hours ago, cocoa4 said:

Thanks for this data point.  Hopefully, Carnival is processing these refunds by sail date, and so we will get the refund for our April 11 cruise soon and then the May 1 cruise sometime shortly after that.

Please keep these data points coming!

23 minutes ago, SRQMom said:

Our cruise was March 13th and still no refund.  We got an email from Carnival saying they "processed" our refund (almost $2,000 since we had two cabins) back in March.  We got the refund for the taxes, port fees etc (roughly $380 for the two cabins) two days later, but still waiting for the $2,000.  I've called and the rep just said they had no idea when it would be back on my card.  It's comforting to know some refunds are coming in, but definitely not in the order they were cancelled.  That is confusing.  Crossing fingers ours is soon because we are like most people and could use the money.  Thanks for the update. 

Strange that the refund of taxes/fees would process at a different time than the refund for the base cruise fare.   Maybe they mistakenly kept the base fare as a FCC?  Anyways, good luck and keep us posted!

4 minutes ago, shof515 said:

back in march i had to cancel a june 2021 cruise. if they go by sail date, does that mean i wont see my refund until next year?..that is not right...

No, they will process cancellations after they get through the back log of refunds for the people who have missed sailings. 

On 5/4/2020 at 10:55 AM, titlediva said:

The are issuing refunds, so I am told, according to sail date, not cancellation date. Just what I was told - don't blast me.

This is what I was told also.

I cancelled a 2021 Cruise  on 4/17 through my travel agent which I had a Refundable deposit on my credit card. Over $3000 for 5 cabins. 

Travel agent told me "it would take awhile" whatever awhile means. Today its only been 2 full weeks so Im not getting nervous yet but that money would be nice to get back.

If need be I will put a dispute in with cc bank if this drags on past next billing period. That worked for a resort in D.R. that was not refunding my full trip payment. As soon as I called the bank and disputed the charge  I saw the full refund 2 days later from the resort.

22 minutes ago, lmaliz said:

I cancelled a 2021 Cruise  on 4/17 through my travel agent which I had a Refundable deposit on my credit card. Over $3000 for 5 cabins. 

Travel agent told me "it would take awhile" whatever awhile means. Today its only been 2 full weeks so Im not getting nervous yet but that money would be nice to get back.

If need be I will put a dispute in with cc bank if this drags on past next billing period. That worked for a resort in D.R. that was not refunding my full trip payment. As soon as I called the bank and disputed the charge  I saw the full refund 2 days later from the resort.

There are many people that are ahead of you since they are refunding by sail date. I don't know if they are giving priority to those who had their cruise cancelled versus those who decided to cancel, especially a year out. Currently they are advising that it may take up to 90 days for a refund to process. (Welcome to Cruise Critic.)

15 hours ago, Jamiecruises12 said:

My sailing was scheduled for March 14th.  I chose FCC plus OBC but when I called the second week of April to find out the process for rebooking I was told my cancellation was processed as a refund April 3rd. I disputed it because I especially wanted the OBC.  The cruise was book with Carnival gift cards.  I spoke with a supervisor who said the refund couldn't be reversed but they would put a note on the original booking to apply $600 OBC for a future booking upon my request.  I was told the refund would be credited to the original gift cards.

When I called again to inquire about an August sailing I also asked about my refund.  That person said she expected the refund would come via newly issued gift card(s) however she couldn't access my booking to verify my OBC because the original booking was through a travel agent so her access to view it was blocked.  

I opened a ticket with the travel agent's office.  The original agent is no longer with them.  Someone called back and said he spoke with Carnival and the refund would be loaded on the original cards and my OBC does show up on the original booking to be referenced when applying it to a future booking.

So I've received conflicting information.  I check my original cards regularly and they show a zero balance and I haven't received any new card(s) in the mail.  Not sure which information is correct and when it will come through.  Any ideas?  It sucks they didn't process it as FCC because I ended up booking the Aug sailing with my credit card so now I have funds tied up when the gift cards/FCC would have been enough to cover what is to be my first solo cruise. 

The original booking was for a 7-day Breeze 8A Balcony for $438 including gratuities.  The current booking is for a 7-day Vista IS Interior for $439 not including gratuities.  I haven't applied my $600 OBC yet in case they cancel this one the bookings aren't linked so I would expect another $600 OBC offer.  As long as its all honored $600 off a $440 investment is not bad I figure.  And I'll finally get to try Cheers since my cruising partner, my sister, refuses to get it when we cruise.

They always refund gift cards with a new gift card. The gift cards are not able to be reloaded.

HTH,

Donna