CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

1 hour ago, Harvey1976 said:

Another suprise today all outstanding amounts have now been credited. Have also received a refund twice one credited to the bank and the same amount by cheque. 

Didn't that happen to (I think) Major Tom? Not sure what the outcome of his double refund was, but remember that he returned the cheque, and, long after the event, P&O hadn't cashed it. 

3 hours ago, Harvey1976 said:

Another suprise today all outstanding amounts have now been credited. Have also received a refund twice one credited to the bank and the same amount by cheque. 

Best of luck if you have to reimburse any monies to Carnival UK I have been trying to repay double refund received once by cheque and once to credit card  since May with Cunard. Sent 2 cheques one they said they never received sent another and they acknowledged receipt but have not cashed the cheque. I get the impression that Cunard have that much money they dont want it back and its not a small amount of money either. I also during this time had an e-mail from Carnival UK Finace Dept. saying I owed them money and were asking for refund of more than the actual cruise cost. Finance Dept. for Carnival UK are doing refunds for both P&O and Cunard and are in a total mess.

Edited by majortom10
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Harvey1976 said:

I’m not going to loose sleep over it we are not talking about £1000’s here. 

Mine is and even though I was trying to reimburse it and Cunard knew that in between sending first cheque and second cheque received a threatening official e-mail from Cunard saying that I owed them money as if I was in the wrong.

13 minutes ago, Harvey1976 said:

Not if you are agreeing to pay it back it’s not. 

I'm afraid it is. Your decision entirely of course, but unless you advise the company making the double payment it's covered by the Theft Act 1968.

http://news.markellaw.co.uk/post/102ehsh/accidental-deposits-in-your-bank-account-what-would-you-do

51 minutes ago, Harvey1976 said:
46 minutes ago, Harvey1976 said:

It doesn't matter whether it's £10 or £1,000 it doesn't belong to you. If you think it's such  an insignificant amount, then why did you bother to request a refund? 

Avril

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harvey1976 said:

A mistake has been made.

it just so happens that the mistake was in your favour.  If it was the other way round and you been refunded less than you were entitled to, you’d be going loopy if the people who owed you the money took this attitude!  

52 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Mine is and even though I was trying to reimburse it and Cunard knew that in between sending first cheque and second cheque received a threatening official e-mail from Cunard saying that I owed them money as if I was in the wrong.

There are so many departments dealing with a lot of different issues, that it sounds like one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing. They're too busy running around  in circles chasing their tails, and we know what happens to them then, don't we?😁

Avril

3 minutes ago, Manx buoy said:

Anybody hoping for an extension for balance payment has had it they’ve just posted this on their own FB page

50FBB806-2611-4FBD-AC3E-87DAA1D37C36.jpeg

Thanks for posting.

It is unfair that they expect people to pay 3 months in advance when there has been no P&O ships cruising for 6 months and probably none now until 2021.

I expect a lot of people will cancel when final payment is due.

• Like 3

Just now, grapau27 said:

Thanks for posting.

It is unfair that they expect people to pay 3 months in advance when there has been no P&O ships cruising for 6 months and probably none now until 2021.

I expect a lot of people will cancel when final payment is due.

Absolutely, plus they have no idea of what they are paying for, where it's going, or anything much else. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

It doesn't matter whether it's £10 or £1,000 it doesn't belong to you. If you think it's such  an insignificant amount, then why did you bother to request a refund? 

Avril

I requested the refund as the amount for the cruise was over £5000, the refund came back in 3 parts, well 4 if you include the cheque. If they chase me for the money. I am happy to pay it back due to their error. However there is no chance that I am wasting anymore time calling p&o after calling them so many times over the last 6 months and their “customer service” staff being next to useless. 

Just now, Harvey1976 said:

I requested the refund as the amount for the cruise was over £5000, the refund came back in 3 parts, well 4 if you include the cheque. If they chase me for the money. I am happy to pay it back due to their error. However there is no chance that I am wasting anymore time calling p&o after calling them so many times over the last 6 months and their “customer service” staff being next to useless. 

Like previously said by others if you knowingly keep money that has been paid to you by mistake and you know that then you are breaking the law and asking for trouble.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Like previously said by others if you knowingly keep money that has been paid to you by mistake and you know that then you are breaking the law and asking for trouble.

I'm sure they will pay the error money back because they would have kept quiet about it if they were going to keep it.

Graham.