CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

Dont know how the person has paid but not all TAs pay cruise company directly when you pay balance. I always pay my balance by credit card and it is paid directly to cruise company and shows up on my credit card statement as paid to cruise company. Unfortunately not all TAs use that system and take the money whether in cash, cheque or credit card and put it into their own bank and then forward it onto cruise companies at a later stage. Think it would be very difficult for a TA to show their own bank statements to prove that they have paid the money to P&O unless legal action is taken. I booked 2 cruises last week and both deposits were paid by credit card to TA but they dont hold money it was paid straight to Cunard on the phone and within 2 days was showing on my credit card as payments to Cunard. Unfortunately not all TAs do it that way and keep it in their own bank accounts for a period of time. 

4 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

I can't believe a TA doesn't accept a credit card?  I always pay with a cc.

Me too. I always use cc when paying for stuff. I think its some kind of misunderstanding here. I doubt they dont take credit cards intentionally. There must be something to it. Maybe they experience some technical problems 

Personally, there's no way on this earth that I'd book with an agent not accepting credit cards.

Much less consumer protection in the event of problems,  but apart from that there's often a very good reason (actually a bad reason) why cards aren't being taken. 

The card companies may not be prepared to allow the use of the facility because they're aware of potential problems.  Or it could be that the company simply wants to avoid S75 and chargeback claims. Either way, bad signals.

• Like 3

On 11/23/2020 at 10:05 PM, Snow Hill said:

Their Website says they do, see under FAQS

I thought they'd stopped when they couldn't charge for credit cards. Haven't used them since then, must have changed.

Just had a look , they let you pay deposit by credit card but not full balance. Quite clever customer gets section 75, they don't pay credit card charges on majority of payment.  

• 3 weeks later...

Nice surprise today, postman brought us a cheque from Carnival for a full refund for our March 21 cruise on Ventura. As the claim was only made on nov 24 I do not think that is bad at all. We are now fully reimbursed for all five cancelled cruises and are hopeful that our summer cruise to Norway will take place without too much change.

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, Twogreynomads said:

Nice surprise today, postman brought us a cheque from Carnival for a full refund for our March 21 cruise on Ventura. As the claim was only made on nov 24 I do not think that is bad at all. We are now fully reimbursed for all five cancelled cruises and are hopeful that our summer cruise to Norway will take place without too much change.

Nice to hear a happy ending.

Graham👍

5 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I was surprised to receive my refund cheque today for my March Iona cruise. It took about 3 and a half weeks, so much less time than I was expecting. 

The only problem is, I will now have to venture out to pay the cheque into my bank! 

Good news about your refund in quick time.

Stay safe.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, funinhounslow said:

Applied for refund in Sep for cancelled Dec cruise and credit card was refunded on Friday so just within the three months timescale suggested by the TA. 

Just a shame all the shops are shut... 🤣

Good news the money is back into your account.