CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

7 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

I am very sorry to have to say this but I think P&O are going to lose a lot of business over how they have handled this situation and especially after having many cruises on what was once a great cruise line.

I reluctantly have to agree with you Tom, however, we will still cruise with them as their small ships and British style suit us. 

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

I am very sorry to have to say this but I think P&O are going to lose a lot of business over how they have handled this situation and especially after having many cruises on what was once a great cruise line.

I guess that in the end most people will decide on price, and their perception of the value for money they receive.

However there will be some who, if they are cruising less frequently, might decide to opt for a higher quality cruise line even if it is quite a bit more expensive.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

I agree P&O have badly let us all down.

Previously we would book 12-13 months in advance once Pauline got her work holiday dates authorised but at least for 2021 I will book last minute only for cruises,hotels and flights.

Graham.

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I reluctantly have to agree with you Tom, however, we will still cruise with them as their small ships and British style suit us. 

Avril

We will continue with P&O only because of the ships,crew and sailing from Southampton but will book last minute at least for 2021.

Graham.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

However there will be some who, if they are cruising less frequently, might decide to opt for a higher quality cruise line even if it is quite a bit more expensive.

That would be us!

2 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Many people are saying exactly the same about some other lines, cruising in general may never completely recover from this.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

Seem to be very few cabins left for 2021 never mind last minute cabins.

After final balance is due 3 months before the cruise I think a number of cabins will become available.

For us it could be RCL, Princess or P&O.

Graham.

3 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Before all this started we had decided to have less P&O cruises in future and to try other cruise lines. Although we weren't going to forsake P&O Cruises entirely, and had planned to have a cruise with them once every 18 months to two years.

I don't think any of the cruise lines have covered themselves in glory in this pandemic, although some are a bit better, such as Fred Olsen.

At the moment, we are a captive audience with Carnival, as they still have £2500 of our money for deposits on various cruises we have booked with them. I'd like to get those cruises resolved one way or another before I start paying  more money to cruise companies again.

In the fullness of time, if I decide to start going on cruises again, I will remember what has happened, and P&O may not be my first choice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

After final balance is due 3 months before the cruise I think a number of cabins will become available.

For us it could be RCL, Princess or P&O.

Graham.

Hope you are right ,  we might do the same , but wait and see how first cruises go and what protocols are in April. Not going on holiday to wear a mask.

• Like 2

Many seem to use the reason of price for booking a P&O cruise but has been proved these past few months that cheapest isnt always the best especially for a deteriorating product these last few years and I fear will deteriorate further in the future. With regards to the staff think many will not return either through choice or by not being able to get a job as I fear a reducing staff number across the fleet to save money and will no doubt affect service standards.

1 hour ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Before all this started we had decided to have less P&O cruises in future and to try other cruise lines. Although we weren't going to forsake P&O Cruises entirely, and had planned to have a cruise with them once every 18 months to two years.

I don't think any of the cruise lines have covered themselves in glory in this pandemic, although some are a bit better, such as Fred Olsen.

At the moment, we are a captive audience with Carnival, as they still have £2500 of our money for deposits on various cruises we have booked with them. I'd like to get those cruises resolved one way or another before I start paying  more money to cruise companies again.

In the fullness of time, if I decide to start going on cruises again, I will remember what has happened, and P&O may not be my first choice.

P&O was always our first choice having booked 2-3 cruises a year for many years but changed our view about 5yrs ago due to a declining product and now choose Cunard, Princess and lastly P&O in that order.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

P&O was always our first choice having booked 2-3 cruises a year for many years but changed our view about 5yrs ago due to a declining product and now choose Cunard, Princess and lastly P&O in that order.

We've decided to try smaller ships, hence our move to Saga.

5 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

We also enjoy the smaller Ships but prefer the international feel of ships like Azamara.

It may sound silly but we have not cruised with  P and O, Saga or Fred Olson because they may be to British.

Azamara are quite a lot more expensive but you get what you pay for, I thoroughly recommend them, we have probably spoiled ourselves for other lines.

May change our mind in the future has we are no longer keen on flying to join a cruise and Azamara rarely cruise round trip UK.

Have sailed Celebrity but their ships are now to large for us.

Edited by Bloodaxe

8 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

It may sound silly but we have not cruised with  P and O, Saga or Fred Olson because they may be to British.

I would agree with you, and we like Princess, but recently we have cruised with P&O due to their price,  plus the advantages of sailing from Southampton,  but we do dislike the British ambience.

We'd jump at a Azamara cruise, but the cost of balcony cabins puts them out of our price range.  

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

I would agree with you, and we like Princess, but recently we have cruised with P&O due to their price,  plus the advantages of sailing from Southampton,  but we do dislike the British ambience.

We'd jump at a Azamara cruise, but the cost of balcony cabins puts them out of our price range.  

Azanaras prices have got silly in recent times, we have had some real bargains in the past mainly in their early days.

Has I said we have spoiled ourselves over the years but had some great times and met some fantastic people from all over the world.

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

We've decided to try smaller ships, hence our move to Saga.

Good friends of ours made the same move from P&O to Saga, after sticking with P&O for many, many years.  They were extremely impressed, and now say they wouldn't consider returning to P&O.  An altogether better and nice experience, they say.

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I am delighted to say that we received our deposit refund for Iona February 20th 2021 this morning on our credit card.

This was 13 days after the cancellation invoice email from P &O.👍

Graham.

Excellent news, Graham.  Things are perhaps improving - that’s quick.

Like the smiley new picture by the way.  😄

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Excellent news, Graham.  Things are perhaps improving - that’s quick.

Like the smiley new picture by the way.  😄

Thanks Harry.

Let's hope it is a sign that P&O are being more proactive on refunds.

Graham.