CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I like good luck stories and grateful you let us know you got your refund.

Thank you

The first notification 13th March, as I recall did not refer you to an on line form for cancellation.

Subsequent notifications from 19th March on wards did.

I cancelled via e-mail on the 14th March and did not receive any confirmation at all.

The notification on the 13th March said if you have existing bookings that depart before the 1st September, and are a British national aged 70 and over, or if you have underlying health conditions, as outlined on the Foreign and Commonwealth Office web site, your options are below; which included that you are entitled to a full refund if you are cancelling due to concern over an underlying health condition, your refund will be subject to providing proof of your underlying medical condition.

I believe that this was tweaked on the 19th March notification.

Note the date 1st September,which is why I took the opportunity to cancel my Iceland cruise departing on the 

19th July.

Again I am trying to helpful.

4 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Just to cheer us all up, it's being widely reported, CNN etc, that NCL may not survive because of lack of liquidity and having to refund customers. Hold on to your hats.

It has been widely reported that this is a sensationalist headline and in fact, just as other cruise lines (including Carnival who own P&O) NCL are putting in place other financial options to enable them to proceed. 

• Like 1

Well I'm ecstatic to report that our refund for the cruise has arrived! Dated 1st May and posted to my credit card today, 6th May.

Still awaiting refund for pre paid flight seats and 2 excursions I couldn't cancel online amounting to £242.00. But due to a change in process by P&O, I didn't submit the claim for these via the online form until 2nd April.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

Well I'm ecstatic to report that our refund for the cruise has arrived! Dated 1st May and posted to my credit card today, 6th May.

Still awaiting refund for pre paid flight seats and 2 excursions I couldn't cancel online amounting to £242.00. But due to a change in process by P&O, I didn't submit the claim for these via the online form until 2nd April.

Excellent news! Sorry, I forgot, did you book direct?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

Excellent Pete, so pleased for you. 

Andy 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Confused.com said:

Thanks for response.

I forgot to ask if anybody else had requested a cash refund via the web form. If you did, did you receive any acknowledgement either immediately or via email afterwards? 

Yes, immediately and I screenshot the response which stated 45 days. A few days later I received a cancellation notice via email.

38 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

What cruise were you taking please Pete to give me an idea of the timelines of your circumstances. 

48 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

Happy to hear your good news.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, devonuk said:

What cruise were you taking please Pete to give me an idea of the timelines of your circumstances. 

It was B007 Britannia TA from Barbados to Southampton 27th March.

As we knew from people onboard the cruise prior to ours that they were heading straight back to Southampton that our sailing was cancelled, I cancelled as many of the shore excursions/speciality dining that I could online on 15th March and refunds for those were credited on 16th March. Unfortunately due to P&O's awful IT systems, 2 excursions on 1 order couldn't be cancelled (the order contained 3 excursions) neither could the amount for pre paid flight seats.

I received formal confirmation of cancellation on 16th March and submitted my claim on 17th March. I spoke to P&O and was assured that all monies from the booking reference would be refunded in full.

However, subsequently via social media we were advised that unless another claim for refund of pre paid activities (shore excursions etc) had to be made otherwise P&O would credit our account with an amount equal to 110% of the value. So I submitted another claim for these outstanding items on 2nd April and this is the amount still outstanding.

• Like 1

I'm really pleased that Pete got his refund.

It comes to something, doesn't it, when we are all pleased that someone gets what he is rightfully entitled to, 6 weeks late, and after a great deal of anxiety!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, peteukmcr said:

It was B007 Britannia TA from Barbados to Southampton 27th March.

As we knew from people onboard the cruise prior to ours that they were heading straight back to Southampton that our sailing was cancelled, I cancelled as many of the shore excursions/speciality dining that I could online on 15th March and refunds for those were credited on 16th March. Unfortunately due to P&O's awful IT systems, 2 excursions on 1 order couldn't be cancelled (the order contained 3 excursions) neither could the amount for pre paid flight seats.

I received formal confirmation of cancellation on 16th March and submitted my claim on 17th March. I spoke to P&O and was assured that all monies from the booking reference would be refunded in full.

However, subsequently via social media we were advised that unless another claim for refund of pre paid activities (shore excursions etc) had to be made otherwise P&O would credit our account with an amount equal to 110% of the value. So I submitted another claim for these outstanding items on 2nd April and this is the amount still outstanding.

Thank you for your comprehensive reply. Ours was a cancelled cruise starting on the 28/3 so hopefully ours won’t be far behind!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, peteukmcr said:

Great news Pete.  I am sure that those bookings will be quicker than the ones through a TA.  Sounds like it's happening though, so must be patient.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, emam said:

Jean, with regards to something you have mentioned a couple of times relating to the TA. On the refund asked if asked how much you have paid. My TA gave me a small discount. My invoice has the full price, less the discount and I put the discounted price on my refund form. So I shouldn't have to pay back any money to TA, is that correct. My payment statement says my money went directly to P&O.

Hi, I am not totally sure of what you mean.  Some TAs are on a different set up with P&O, ie the money goes directly to P&O when you pay.  Others, like mine you pay the TA and then they pay P&O, less their commission.

Just got my annual travel insurance refund today.  As my mother always taught me, "don't ask, don't get".  I didn't expect to get that back, but took it out last November and haven't travelled and won't be until next year, so that's good.  

2 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Just got my annual travel insurance refund today.  As my mother always taught me, "don't ask, don't get".  I didn't expect to get that back, but took it out last November and haven't travelled and won't be until next year, so that's good.  

Ours runs out mid January. We won't cancel as we will be using it for Our August Iona cruise. Perhaps a couple of holidays before an after.

19 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Hi, I am not totally sure of what you mean.  Some TAs are on a different set up with P&O, ie the money goes directly to P&O when you pay.  Others, like mine you pay the TA and then they pay P&O, less their commission.

Jeanlyon

Surely all that is relevant to you, is how much you paid to the T/A, that is the figure for your refund.

Re the date of refunds, I don't think it's in date order of cruises, but in date order of when you cancelled.  Mercury got his refund for April 26th cruise, like mine.

No, Mercury, my TA gave me a small discount and then he pays P&O less his commission, so P&O will only send me what he sent them, so he will owe me a small amount.