CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

Today we should have flown to Malta and should now have been on the Oceana about to embark on our 3 week cruise around the Med, instead of being in MDR looking forward to a 3 course meal, we have decided to splash out home and have hot dogs.  😁

No sign of refund charging over the horizon. 

3 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Thanks Pete. 

We were lucky, we managed to cancel our excursions etc when it first started looking unlikely, before the cruises started to be cancelled and got refunded straight away. 

Andy 

Yes, me too. Was only one excursion but I cancelled it and could see it on my credit card statement within hours.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Yes, me too. Was only one excursion but I cancelled it and could see it on my credit card statement within hours.

Same for us. We cancelled two excursions on 16th March for our 15th May cruise and were refunded quickly as usual.

Cancelled that cruise and our 28th June cruise the next day by phone, both were direct bookings.

Needless to say no refund yet but we are only at day 51 and are lucky as we can afford to wait it out.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jh1809 said:

Is that the Aurora cruise to Norway? I was on that, and am now concerned on two counts. First, though I had a form letter from the captain while still on board, like everyone else, promising a full refund, I never had an email. (And I stupidly didn't keep the letter, naively assuming that I didn't need to.) I also assumed that the refund would be automatic, and that there would be no need to fill in a refund form, so never filled one in.

The only good news is that the refunds for all the excursions I'd booked came through within a week. If they can do those speedily, why can't they do the refunds for the cruise itself with equal speed?

Just checked bank account and full money for cruise R003 was refunded today!! Hopefully yours will arrive soon 🙂

• Like 11

1 hour ago, ann141 said:

Just checked bank account and full money for cruise R003 was refunded today!! Hopefully yours will arrive soon 🙂

Thanks. That's encouraging.

Edited by jh1809
fx typo

1 hour ago, ann141 said:

Lovely - glad to hear there is movement on that cruise at long last.   Makes me feel a bit more hopeful about getting my refund as we were on the same cruise.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Here is my latest message from P&O on FB

"Unfortunately we are currently experiencing technical difficulties with access to the spreadsheets and so can't confirm this to you at this present time. As soon as the access is back up and running we will be to confirm this. "

Dear me.

I have had exactly the same response this afternoon, I was flabbergasted that they would admit to this!  Really not impressed at the moment.

11 hours ago, annarack said:

I have had exactly the same response this afternoon, I was flabbergasted that they would admit to this!  Really not impressed at the moment.

My friend who uses FB got exactly the same one as well. It seems to be a generic message they sent to many people yesterday afternoon. As you say not something I would have communicated as it does not send a positive message about their level of competence or professionalism.

12 hours ago, margtee said:

Lovely - glad to hear there is movement on that cruise at long last.   Makes me feel a bit more hopeful about getting my refund as we were on the same cruise.

Yes it is great to hear that someone else has a refund at long last.

I would be interested to know when you get yours (if you are happy to share) as it would perhaps give a bit of an indication of how long it is taking them to clear a cruise if you all applied around the same time.

Well - decided I would actually phone P&O this morning.

Not massively impressed with my answer. It took about 3 minutes to get through the messages and options then it was answered straightaway.

Basically he said be patient it’s on it’s way! I asked if he could check my account as I’d heard some people had been given FFC instead of a refund. He said if I completed the online form and I’d got the acknowledgement then it’s being done! 
Day 60 I’m going to be back on the phone!!

20 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Here is my latest message from P&O on FB

"Unfortunately we are currently experiencing technical difficulties with access to the spreadsheets and so can't confirm this to you at this present time. As soon as the access is back up and running we will be to confirm this. "

Dear me.

Ah the old lets blame the computer excuse, heard it so many times in my 35 yr IT career,  either they haven’t paid Microsoft the annual Office renewal fee or it’s a delaying tactic. 🤔

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

Ah the old lets blame the computer excuse, heard it so many times in my 35 yr IT career,  either they haven’t paid Microsoft the annual Office renewal fee or it’s a delaying tactic. 🤔

~Well it could be the same as happens to me working from home.  We have a thing called Pulse Secure which connects us to the Council network.  Quite often we still have the internet but cannot get into the Drives where the files are held.  I have had this happen often.

4 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Yes it is great to hear that someone else has a refund at long last.

I would be interested to know when you get yours (if you are happy to share) as it would perhaps give a bit of an indication of how long it is taking them to clear a cruise if you all applied around the same time.

Will certainly share, in fact (when being the operative word) will gladly sing from the rooftops !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1