CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

21 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I  will publicly apologise if wrong but my 60 days is up on 13th May and I am not expecting my refund by then.

60 days up on Tuesday and tbh I don't expect to receive a cheque I was told by email on April 21st by a customer relations rep we would get either.

24 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

used to live in South Yorkshire. Don’t even remember putting that on my profile but I’ve spoken a few time’s about where I was from originally. Just thought you’d figured it out 😂 

You can easily change personal details on your profile.

28 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

used to live in South Yorkshire. Don’t even remember putting that on my profile but I’ve spoken a few time’s about where I was from originally. Just thought you’d figured it out 😂 

Perhaps profile was not the correct term. South Yorkshire shows under your avatar(?) on the left had column of a laptop screen. It might not show on a tablet or phone.

I had a cencelled Saga cruise booked through a TA and a week ago the person on the phones asked my bank account details saying I would get a cheque, today had an email from the TA's finance department saying that I had refunds on both CC's that I used for deposit and balance payment.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pentlands said:

I had a cencelled Saga cruise booked through a TA and a week ago the person on the phones asked my bank account details saying I would get a cheque, today had an email from the TA's finance department saying that I had refunds on both CC's that I used for deposit and balance payment.

That’s very odd, they wouldn’t need to know your bank account details to issue a cheque!

Still monitoring my cruise personeliser  still showing my cruise 5 th june noticed it has moved onto being  able to check in and send your creditcard info  / passport no so that must be a secure way of sending info for creditcard , So why couldn't that have been used to send them a secure creditcard used to pay holiday that was payed via your ta instead of a cheque . 

3 hours ago, Joseph Bloggs said:

I don't wish to get into a playground spat here but with due respect describing part of someone's post as 'not necessary' which how you described mine is not exactly helpful when it might be helpful to someone else if not to you.

Fair enough comment.

It was because the thread is about Refunds not FCCs.

Graham

Edited by grapau27

Reading F........ comments some have received refunds for cruises in May/June, others like my self who cancelled very early, 14th March for 27th March cruise are still waiting. I am very tempted to go down the Moneyclaim route, but the probability is the cheque will arrive just after I have started it.  Patience ........

• Like 3

It feels to me, as one who has read but not really been involved in the thread, that it has run its course and could do with being abandoned now, with another one (or possibly two) to take its place.  

But I don’t wish to become a SAM (self appointed moderator).  Just saying.

I’m finding myself unable to follow the conversation and if it’s coming to people being irritated, careless with words or hyper-sensitive, maybe time to draw a line and start again?

Difficult times ☹️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

It feels to me, as one who has read but not really been involved in the thread, that it has run its course and could do with being abandoned now, with another one (or possibly two) to take its place.  

I’m finding myself unable to follow the conversation and if it’s coming to people being irritated, careless with words or hyper-sensitive, maybe time to draw a line and start again?

Difficult times ☹️

You are probably right. I've done my daily excercise, the sun is shining and the garden beckons. Looking forward to the garden centre on Monday (or will it be Wednesday).......!

30 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Difficult times ☹️

The conclusion will come when we can all post :-

'Refund Received'

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Joseph Bloggs said:

You are probably right. I've done my daily excercise, the sun is shining and the garden beckons. Looking forward to the garden centre on Monday (or will it be Wednesday).......!

I cut our front lawn first thing this morning and sitting in the sun now.

Some garden centres are customers of mine so will be happy for them to start earning money again next week.

Graham

• Like 1

My TA has been great.  He is in Wales.  Keeps me posted with what he knows and told me I would be receiving a cheque.  He is one of the ones where you pay him and he pays P&O, so P&O do not have my card details, more's the pity.  Patience is a virtue that I don't expect to now get at my age 🤣

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Difficult times ☹️

In spite of running to over 1200 posts, the telling factor is that only a handful of people have received refunds so far. Therefore, it could be argued that this thread has only just started! IMO it is essential that it continues. I am sure that I am not alone in finding it fascinating to hear how all the different TA’s and P&O themselves are handling this. I don’t use Social Media (this forum excepted) so the odd update on that world is also useful. Leaving aside the ‘noise’, diversions and odd distraction, which all long threads are guilty of,  I am also finding it interesting that the vast majority (albeit of a tiny number) of those to receive refunds so far had been actively chasing them. As someone who hasn’t chased (yet) I will be fascinated to see when the bulk come through. I’m betting it will be right at the end of the extended refund window. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

That's a bit harsh Andy, since P&O have assumed responsibility for making the refund payments, in their own good time, there seems little that the TA's can do to affect that process, and since I assume they are losing their commission on all these cruises, they have little incentive to get involved and try to oil the wheels.

In my case I was transferring the cruise to a future one, similarly those accepting FCCs will be of more interest to the TAs than those seeking refunds.  

We had weeks of P&O telling us to contact the TA and them saying nothing to do with us, contact P&O. 

They wouldn't even answer basic questions John and were quite rude about it. I booked through them so just expected a bit of support like I would give to my customers. 

Your contract lies where you place the order... 

I wasn't asking them to refund or even get too involved, just didn't expect bad manners.. 

Andy 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

I think that the TAs are adding another level of complication.  For a long time we had booked directly with the cruise lines that we use but 2 years ago we decided to book with the Eskimos because they worked out cheaper than booking with P&O and until the current situation arose we were happy but they have been less than useless when we have contacted them about cancelling our cruises for later this year and I have had to deal directly with P&O who have been very helpful.  I have learned my lesson, the hassle of dealing with a middleman is just not worth the small monetary saving.  I will definitely be booking directly if we ever cruise again which is unlikely until there is a vaccine for this awful virus.

I agree completely. I book direct with P&O and it’s frustrating enough just waiting for a straightforward refund, but when I read the complexity of some of those dealing with TA’s that would do my head in. I am fortunate that I get a deal with P&O that broadly equates to the discount that, as far as I can tell, is as good as any TA offers but even if it wasn’t I would struggle to justify the added complexity and risk of adding a middle man into the mix. If I could get 10% or more discount from a TA I would live with it, but having read all of this thread I am extremely relieved that I book direct and am not at all surprised that many others will do the same going forward. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I booked our cruise next year on Iona direct with P&O in January and I believe if this cruise had been booked direct our refund would have been with us now.

Just for information re booking direct:

Booked 4 April cruise, direct with P&O using credit card (but using cashback site).

Cancelled on 16 March requesting refund - on screen notice said 'Your refund will be processed within 45 days'.

Snail mail letter sent 1st class on 1 May - no response to date.

No refund yet - now at 55 days.

Will post when refund received, once I have stopped dancing around and blowing a vuvuzela!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

We had weeks of P&O telling us to contact the TA and them saying nothing to do with us, contact P&O. 

They wouldn't even answer basic questions John and were quite rude about it. I booked through them so just expected a bit of support like I would give to my customers. 

Your contract lies where you place the order... 

I wasn't asking them to refund or even get too involved, just didn't expect bad manners.. 

Andy 

Friends of ours used the same TA as you. I might be wrong, but I think they book more P&O cruises than any other TA. They now have the same opinion as you and won’t use them again. They have had emails and phone messages ignored and it’s been a real battle. To rub salt in the wound, they are still bombarded with marketing emails from them! Short sighted companies will prioritise new bookings and make life difficult for the rest. Sensible companies will take care of ALL their customers in order that they retain them once this is all over. Many people have long memories. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

P&O like all cruise companies say any queries/changes have to go through your travel agent you booked with and like Andy I feel badly let down by a TA who are quick to tell people on TV that they are award winning and top agent with many cruiselines then appear clueless when needed.

I have had dealings with your TA in the past when I have booked cruises with them and even though they are slightly cheaper with quotes than my current TA I no longer book with them because of their incompetency and that is putting it at its best.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Just for information re booking direct:

Booked 4 April cruise, direct with P&O using credit card (but using cashback site).

Cancelled on 16 March requesting refund - on screen notice said 'Your refund will be processed within 45 days'.

Snail mail letter sent 1st class on 1 May - no response to date.

No refund yet - now at 55 days.

Will post when refund received, once I have stopped dancing around and blowing a vuvuzela!

I must have my days wrong then. 

mine is exactly same as you 

I’ve been told 60 days 

are you a dibber too? 

15 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

In spite of running to over 1200 posts, the telling factor is that only a handful of people have received refunds so far. Therefore, it could be argued that this thread has only just started! IMO it is essential that it continues. I am sure that I am not alone in finding it fascinating to hear how all the different TA’s and P&O themselves are handling this. I don’t use Social Media (this forum excepted) so the odd update on that world is also useful. Leaving aside the ‘noise’, diversions and odd distraction, which all long threads are guilty of,  I am also finding it interesting that the vast majority (albeit of a tiny number) of those to receive refunds so far had been actively chasing them. As someone who hasn’t chased (yet) I will be fascinated to see when the bulk come through. I’m betting it will be right at the end of the extended refund window. 

+1.

I have actively pursued but respectfully and polite and spoke to 16 different agents and several emails and today is day 57 and they still cannot tell me when we will get a refund.

The TA acknowledged they owe us £262 comission but by disputing how P&O are going to refund us have themselves not told me when their Refund will be paid to us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Selbourne said:

As someone who chased only after the 45 day period elapsed, and only by e-mail, I think your bet would be well placed, however, the 60 day period actually said, a minimum of 60 days.  

The starting point from the start of this period differs widely, depending on the date of cancellation.

The question is, will P&O dare, to exceed this extended period.

They believe that they have bought themselves a little more time with the spread sheet debacle, I think the end of next week will give every one there answer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Difficult times ☹️

If you're not involved why read it ? The people, like myself, who have a big interest in the subject know where to look for the latest info.

• Like 4