CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

10 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

That’s encouraging. Which cruise was that for?

It was for Aurora 23rd June which was cancelled on the 11th March after balance was paid but before it was due. Three FCC's and one deposit transfer were done at the same time to a new cruise but at the moment only the deposit transfer and one FCC have been applied. The other two have not been put on my account yet by P & O but my TA is on the case to apply them to the new booking when they eventually surface.

2 minutes ago, Joseph Bloggs said:

It was for Aurora 23rd June which was cancelled on the 11th March after balance was paid but before it was due. Three FCC's and one deposit transfer were done at the same time to a new cruise but at the moment only the deposit transfer and one FCC have been applied. The other two have not been put on my account yet by P & O but my TA is on the case to apply them to the new booking when they eventually surface.

Thanks, adds to the body of information.

5 minutes ago, Joseph Bloggs said:

mine is for the cruise on 4th April 

it was cancelled by them on 15th March I believe so I’m hoping I will only been a few more days 

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Day 56 today.

Day 60 on Tuesday.

So if you don’t get yours on Tuesday then I should be worried for mine on Wednesday 

I should be flying to Florida on Wednesday not checking bank accounts for refunds. 

just can’t wait to get planning stuff agaib

quite a few cruises I would book but daren’t. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

So if you don’t get yours on Tuesday then I should be worried for mine on Wednesday 

I should be flying to Florida on Wednesday not checking bank accounts for refunds. 

just can’t wait to get planning stuff agaib

quite a few cruises I would book but daren’t. 

Told again today by P&O that everyone booked through a TA will get a cheque and those booked direct back to bank account.

The staff are very pleasant but tell different stories but none seem to know our current position for refund and as it is a bank holiday and finance staff don't work weekends Monday is the earliest for another story.

They say they email finance so more potential for delay plus post and cheque clearing if it ever turns up.

Edited by grapau27

46 minutes ago, Joseph Bloggs said:

Sorry, but that's not for a refund, that's for FCC  It's entirely different.

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Told today by P&O that everyone booked through a TA will get a cheque and those booked direct back to bank account.

The staff are very pleasant but tell different stories but none seem to know our current position for refund and as it is a bank holiday and finance staff don't work weekends Monday is the earliest for another story.

They say they email finance so more potential for delay plus post and cheque clearing if it ever turns up.

It seems to depend on the relationship that the travel agent has with P & O. My well known travel agent passes the money direct to P & O so the agent does not appear on the transaction, therefore when the refund was made to me it came back the same way, ie. straight from P & O to my card. I think that Vampiress888 probably lives not a million miles from me and could have used the same agent.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I've read it again.  I guess you mean the first one for June was refunded?  It's unclear from your post. 

6 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I've read it again.  I guess you mean the first one for June was refunded?  It's unclear from your post. 

All explained in my previous posts #1073, #1160 and #1163.

58 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Told again today by P&O that everyone booked through a TA will get a cheque and those booked direct back to bank account.

Not what our ta or P&O told us Graham, but who knows. 

Definitely said if we paid by card we would get it returned on card, whichever way we booked. 

Andy 

6 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Ah the old lets blame the computer excuse, heard it so many times in my 35 yr IT career,  either they haven’t paid Microsoft the annual Office renewal fee or it’s a delaying tactic. 🤔

Do they really think people are dumb enough to fall for that? The poor computer is only doing what some clueless person told it to.

Avril 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Joseph Bloggs said:

All explained in my previous posts #1073, #1160 and #1163.

To be fair to Jean, your recent post does sound as though you are talking about FCC and not a refund. I’m not sure that many of us would remember what one poster said 100 posts earlier!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

To be fair to Jean, your recent post does sound as though you are talking about FCC and not a refund. I’m not sure that many of us would remember what one poster said 100 posts earlier!

The first post was clear he got a refund but the 3 FCCs mentioned in subsequent posts had me confused too.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

My friend who uses FB got exactly the same one as well. It seems to be a generic message they sent to many people yesterday afternoon. As you say not something I would have communicated as it does not send a positive message about their level of competence or professionalism.

P&O did respond again today (their spreadsheet must be back up and running!) without me having to chase.  They confirmed our refund request was submitted 16/03 (which matched my records and was the day our cruise was cancelled) and confirmed we would receive a refund within the 60 days.  I am feeling more optimistic now, but it's a pretty tight window if they haven't actually issued the refund yet.  Sounds like the refund people need to put a few hours of overtime in this bank holiday weekend!

15 minutes ago, Joseph Bloggs said:

I would have thought that the fact that possibly the second or perhaps third poster on here to have received a refund would have struck a chord with people awaiting refunds therefore would have been a little bit memorable to people who are prepared to keep up to speed. The mention in one of the posts concerning FCC was in order to assist anyone who was confused  as reading this and other forums many people are in relation to what they can be used for, whether or not they have been applied. Only trying to be helpful. If that is confusing then so be it.

Out of curiosity why do you think I live near you? Would be interested in where you think I am

i always book direct with p&o. Not sure why just do it on their webpage 

19 minutes ago, annarack said:

P&O did respond again today (their spreadsheet must be back up and running!) without me having to chase.  They confirmed our refund request was submitted 16/03 (which matched my records and was the day our cruise was cancelled) and confirmed we would receive a refund within the 60 days.  I am feeling more optimistic now, but it's a pretty tight window if they haven't actually issued the refund yet.  Sounds like the refund people need to put a few hours of overtime in this bank holiday weekend!

I was told the P&O finance department do not work bank holidays and weekends so nothing will happen again till Monday at the earliest.

All the customer service people say when you ring is they will email finance and they can't do anything regarding our refunds.

Edited by grapau27

6 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Out of curiosity why do you think I live near you? Would be interested in where you think I am

i always book direct with p&o. Not sure why just do it on their webpage 

Sorry if you think I am being presumptious but your profile says that you live in South Yorkshire - so do I. I am not a stalker or suggesting that we are neighbours.....!

24 minutes ago, Joseph Bloggs said:

I would have thought that the fact that possibly the second or perhaps third poster on here to have received a refund would have struck a chord with people awaiting refunds therefore would have been a little bit memorable to people who are prepared to keep up to speed. The mention in one of the posts concerning FCC was in order to assist anyone who was confused  as reading this and other forums many people are in relation to what they can be used for, whether or not they have been applied. Only trying to be helpful. If that is confusing then so be it.

Your first post was welcome news that another cc poster friend got their cash refund,your subsequent posts about FCCs were not necessary.

Your first post was welcome news that another cc poster friend got their cash refund,your subsequent posts about FCCs were not necessary.

We'll leave it at that then.

3 minutes ago, Joseph Bloggs said:

Sorry if you think I am being presumptious but your profile says that you live in South Yorkshire - so do I. I am not a stalker or suggesting that we are neighbours.....!

used to live in South Yorkshire. Don’t even remember putting that on my profile but I’ve spoken a few time’s about where I was from originally. Just thought you’d figured it out 😂