CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

8 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

And my travel insurance assured me that if P&O had  cancelled the cruise, then insurance didn't come into it.  It was up to P&O to refund me.

Our travel company said when we asked 

“As P&O Cruises cancelled the cruise, they are responsible for refunding the amount to the customer under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018, it is not within the remit of Travel Insurances Companies to provide refunds in these circumstances”

This is misleading information from ABTA on the matter of refunds where the company as cancelled the cruise.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Just completed a short Money Saving Expert Survey which they are going use to flag up issues with various travel firms with the Government & CMA.

https://www.surveygizmo.eu/s3/90234382/Travel-booking-experiences-MSE

Thank you for posting, just done the survey, took a couple of minutes. 

Can we all have a go please, as bin man says, every little helps... 

Andy 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

Just for interest Cunard made the following statement to somebody who had stated that refund payable in 14 days was UK law-  " ABTA have released a statement to suggest that many businesses in travel will not be able to comply with the 14 day turnaround as it is not realistic, this guidance was made during different times".                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

I've been saying for weeks, everyone is hiding behind 'different times--unprecedented circumstances' and the truth is the courts and the government will probably accept that as an excuse... 

The fact that they have never refused to pay will also give them strength. 

They know exactly what they are doing.. 

Andy 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Our travel company said when we asked 

“As P&O Cruises cancelled the cruise, they are responsible for refunding the amount to the customer under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018, it is not within the remit of Travel Insurances Companies to provide refunds in these circumstances”

This is misleading information from ABTA on the matter of refunds where the company as cancelled the cruise.

Association Of British Travel Agents. No vested interests there then.

• Like 1

CMA have instructed that their COVID19 Task force are not investigating package holidays in their refunds probe they have been told to look at weddings, events, theatres and accommodation websites who have refused to give a refund. Whether they classify cruises as package holidays or that they are not investigating because no cruise line has refused a refund just a delay waits to be seen.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

CMA have instructed that their COVID19 Task force are not investigating package holidays in their refunds probe they have been told to look at weddings, events, theatres and accommodation websites who have refused to give a refund. Whether they classify cruises as package holidays or that they are not investigating because no cruise line has refused a refund just a delay waits to be seen.

They have been quite shrewd/callous..

Any investigation will start with the easier targets. 

Why spend fortunes investigating companies that are not refusing to pay when you can pick off the low hanging fruit of wedding venues etc? 

Andy 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

We feel exactly the same.  Also, we thought of a Round Britain but it normally goes into Ireland, so would that be foreign?  Just seen that Ireland would be exempt, so that's OK.

I can't understand why the Government is doing this now, after letting in probably loads of infected people since March.

I agree.

This should have been introduced around the time of Lockdown.

We are having to endure lockdown then they allow thousands into the country without checks.

Australia and New Zealand have shown how to do this right.

Paulines cousin lives in Australia and she said things are a lot closer to normal.

1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

They have been quite shrewd/callous..

Any investigation will start with the easier targets. 

Why spend fortunes investigating companies that are not refusing to pay when you can pick off the low hanging fruit of wedding venues etc? 

Andy 

Very true and by that time many will have received refunds from cruise lines so there would be nothing to investigate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

And my travel insurance assured me that if P&O had  cancelled the cruise, then insurance didn't come into it.  It was up to P&O to refund me.

exactly. That’s what I’ve been told by mine too for both my holidays 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Ours was cancelled March13th and it is now 57 days and 59 days on Monday when the finance department are back to work.

Graham

Monday is a bank holiday, I have just found this out for another reason,but remembered that you had posted this.

Keep calm.

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Me too plus insurance renewals will shoot up if they refunded several thousand pounds.

I think it’s a load of bull and I do not think they should be saying this on abta. 
ok I can understand why they have said the unprecedented times it will take longer etc etc but abta must know full well that the insurance won’t pay out when the holiday companies have cancelled. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mercury7289 said:

Graham

Monday is a bank holiday, I have just found this out for another reason,but remembered that you had posted this.

Keep calm.

Eh? I didn’t know Monday was a bank holiday 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Graham

Keep calm.

Thanks but VE day on Friday was made the early May bank holiday.

It is the blatant lies and no information given after waiting ages to get through to the TA and P&O which is frustrating.

6 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

I understand or have just been told' that May Day was moved, to form part of the V.E weekend.

All days run into one for me!

Days definitely do all run into one but I am positive that Friday 8th May was the bank holiday rather than the original 4th May. It best be I agreed to do overtime that day which gives me extra pay! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

I think it’s a load of bull and I do not think they should be saying this on abta. 
ok I can understand why they have said the unprecedented times it will take longer etc etc but abta must know full well that the insurance won’t pay out when the holiday companies have cancelled. 

Absolutely.

It makes you wonder why Abta are saying these things.

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks but VE day on Friday was made the early May bank holiday.

It is the blatant lies and no information given after waiting ages to get through to the TA and P&O which is frustrating.

Graham

Apology, given duff gen! just checked and found that the normal Monday May bank holiday was indeed switched to VE day.

Cannot divulge my informant, but divorce is pending!

I was just trying to help!

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Graham

Apology, given duff gen! just checked and found that the normal Monday May bank holiday was indeed switched to VE day.

Cannot divulge my informant, but divorce is pending!

I was just trying to help!

Thanks I appreciate your help and concern for me.👍🍺😷🍾

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We are having to endure lockdown then they allow thousands into the country without checks.

Australia and New Zealand have shown how to do this right.

Cv19 has been virulent in thus country for months. Allowing expats to return to their own country will have had minimal impact on the transmission of the virus.

If you are a country on the perimeters of world travel, such as New Zealand,  yes, lockdown can be useful.

As an aside, if we want to quarantine all these  "foreigners" coming into this country, why are none of these xenophobes worried about the lorry drivers delivering brie, cucumbers, tomatoes etc.