Free at Sea Dinning Package Perk Change

shof515

On 4/12/2020 at 1:48 AM, Two Wheels Only said:

IMO, it's because too many people "share" their drink package with those who do not have one. It's also (probably) the reason why when one adult in the stateroom takes the current PBP promo, all adults in the same stateroom also have to take the PBP promo (and pay the promo service charge).

The option is to skip the promo and use the money saved (by not paying the promo service charge) to pay a la carte for non-alcoholic drinks or use the money saved to buy a soda program/package.

The downside of skipping the promo is the inflated cost of the cruise which would would be "paying" for a drinks package even if the promo service charge is avoided.

Another option is Sailaway which avoids the promos, their services charges, etc. but you do not get to select your stateroom.

but that doesnt make any sense on a free perk, both passengers get it. 

Just now, Two Wheels Only said:

Are you asking why guest #2 has to get the PBP when guest #1 gets the PBP or are you asking why both guests can't choose the soda program instead?

i was asking, why both cant get the soda package for free as a perk. just pay gratuity and taxes, if we are not big drinkers. 

29 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

i was asking, why both cant get the soda package for free as a perk. just pay gratuity and taxes, if we are not big drinkers. 

Even if you could both get the soda program as a promo, it wouldn't be the best option financially. The "base" price of Free At Sea (before selecting SDP or PBP) is already inflated to include most of that cost. 

The best option in that case (if selecting a particular stateroom is important) is to skip the PBP promo and use the savings ($19.80pppd) to buy the soda program (7.95 + 20% = $9.54pppd).

If selecting a particular stateroom isn't important, book Sailaway and buy the soda program. 

Both options will cost less than taking the PBP promo just for soda. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Even if you could both get the soda program as a promo, it wouldn't be the best option financially. The "base" price of Free At Sea (before selecting SDP or PBP) is already inflated to include most of that cost. 

The best option in that case (if selecting a particular stateroom is important) is to skip the PBP promo and use the savings ($19.80pppd) to buy the soda program (7.95 + 20% = $9.54pppd).

If selecting a particular stateroom isn't important, book Sailaway and buy the soda program. 

Both options will cost less than taking the PBP promo just for soda. 

when i booked (this cruise will likely be cnacelled) i got a great deal the free at sea was just $40 more pp  then the sailaway.   but i just find it odd you cant just pick 2 soda packages instead of the drinks packages,  must be they want that extra gratuity 

Just a reminder - today is the LAST day if this perk (one extra night specialty) matters to you!!  For me, their current high price makes it not worth locking anything in yet.

Edited by pghflyer

On 4/10/2020 at 10:56 PM, Sand and Seas said:

I think I'm good with two dinners for a week cruise to go with our two Plat Plus dinners.  Gives us more room in the week to schedule shows🤔

You are kidding yourself if you think that is going to last.

Next up:  1 meal for platinum members