NCL cancels cruises thru May 14

Sugar0802

The previous May 10 suspension just got extended until May 14:

TRAVEL ALERTUpdated: April 10, 2020 - Suspended cruises into May 2020

The safety, security and well-being of our guests, crew and communities we visit is our number one priority. We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 coronavirus situation and the global health environment. With COVID-19 continuing to impact communities and ports around the globe, we have extended our voluntary temporary suspension of voyages. Our suspension that was for voyages embarking March 13 to May 10 has been extended to now include all voyages embarking through May 14, 2020. We plan to recommence operations beginning May 15, 2020.

We are committed to taking all appropriate steps and actions to combat the spread of COVID-19 and are working closely and in partnership with local, state, federal and global agencies. While this may result in additional future changes, please know our teams are working around the clock to do what is right by our guests and travel partners. We continue to monitor this situation closely and will provide additional updates as they are available.

They've extended the suspended operations for another four days past their original announcement.  And then they will resume operations on May 15th.   I won't be holding my breath for that to happen........I might be holding it...but not for that incredible statement.  They are saying, I assume, that they will be sailing again  one month from now...actually, one month and 5 days.   We don't peak here in Tennessee now until the middle of June.  

Edited by roger001

13 minutes ago, roger001 said:

They've extended the suspended operations for another four days past their original announcement.  And then they will resume operations on May 15th.   I won't be holding my breath for that to happen........I might be holding it...but not for that incredible statement.  They are saying, I assume, that they will be sailing again in one month for now...actually, one month and 5 days.   We don't peak here in Tennessee now until the middle of June.  

I just read that statement on the web site and to me "resume operations" could mean starting to get ships/crews ready.  I don't read that as "resume sailings on May 15th".

To be honest though there seems to be a lot of double-speak from different cruise lines, none of which seem plausible given some of the other info links posted in the last few days.

But hey..what the heck do I know?

Edited by ColeThornton

2 hours ago, Da-Painter said:

Yesterday the CDC put a halt to cruise ships coming or leaving US ports for 100 days. Guess the cruise ships don't want to take action to address the Coronavirus issue, so the CDC has to come in and do so. 

no they didnt, reread what they did.  

7 minutes ago, Ms BumbleBee said:

It’s death by 1000 paper cuts - my sailing is 5/16.  I wish they would just cancel so I can get my money back.

Mine is May 17th- i wish they would just cancel already- its not like they can be up and running so shortly. There are still workers on the ship and it would need to be cleaned etc..

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HowardK said:

Mine is May 17th- i wish they would just cancel already- its not like they can be up and running so shortly. There are still workers on the ship and it would need to be cleaned etc..

they can be ready in 40 days.  as long as the virus is dying out with the warm weather.  you will be surprised how fast they get going . 

3 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

they can be ready in 40 days.  as long as the virus is dying out with the warm weather.  you will be surprised how fast they get going . 

40 days really , when you adamantly dissmised my 4-6 weeks as absurd.

Doesn't 40 days fall between 28-42 days? WOW!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

40 days really , when you adamantly dissmised my 4-6 weeks as absurd.

Doesn't 40 days fall between 28-42 days? WOW!

what ? 40 days is mid may ,.  what are you talking about , i always said late may /june. 

my cruise on my sig clearly says may 20th 

Edited by seaman11

8 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

maybe he has had too many pints. 

Sorry Meant to say 15th.   

thats our actual cruise date and Ncl has 35 days on my page. 

31 days in May. 

So the 15th to me is pretty well mid May

maybe you have had too many pints 

C6F58427-6A4C-470B-959A-FD45AC478AC2.jpeg

Edited by jannandjohn

23 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

what ? 40 days is mid may ,.  what are you talking about , i always said late may /june. 

Your May 20 cruise has two chances to go - Slim and None. After Yesterday's CDC rule there won't be any cruises until August 1.

We are May 17, but Costa Maya is closed indefinitely so it may be a cruise to nowhere if it goes.  I'm 100% planning on it being cancelled....just "patiently" waiting for NCL to cancel so I can get a refund vs FCC.  We have 3 other NCL cruises booked after this one, but I'm not willing to let them keep this much money if they go belly up because of this.

3 minutes ago, zqvol said:

Your May 20 cruise has two chances to go - Slim and None. After Yesterday's CDC rule there won't be any cruises until August 1.

you didnt read what has said, they did not ban all cruises for 100 days, reread it.. 

28 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

I’ve posted before that Cheng75 said it would take 4-6 weeks to get a cruise ship ready to sail.

Which you refuted!

Do you think cruise lines are going to prepare ships to sail now knowing the official date can be anytime?

Now YOU said 40 days which in essence is what I said

3 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

I’ve posted before that Cheng75 said it would take 4-6 weeks to get a cruise ship ready to sail.

Which you refuted!

Do you think cruise lines are going to prepare ships to sail now knowing the official date can be anytime?

Now YOU said 40 days which in essence is what I said

thats not what i was taking about, i said 40 days see how the covid is going.  i dont agree that it will take a cruiseline 6 weeks to get 1 ship ready to go once they get the go ahead. 

I find it all totally exasperating 😷

Having had to cancel everything else or had it cancelled for me( airline) and our country has basically forbidden air travel till end of June.

Ncl owes me 10 grand which I want back in cold hard cash back to my credit card

... they took it by a click on the screen

they can do the same in return

hsving to beg for it back is just bad business 

fcc is no good to me now with all of the shut downs. In business and subsequent living off our savings

they just keep pushing it a few days. And then a few more.  Grrrrrr

Just cancel all cruises Ncl up to at least August

otherwise the world will be much sicker than it is now 

Edited by jannandjohn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1