Finally some good news on refunds!!

Royal cancelled our April Anthem Cruise 29 days ago, and promised a refund within 30 days.  After receiving notices on the phone all week for the shows we had had booked,

3D754F3C-A8D3-41AD-9904-30210D2470F5.jpeg.37a79fb2bbc962460ac38e5dd3d87751.jpeg

they finally sent sent out an email yesterday to let us know they cancelled all our shows, and all monies will be credited to our original form of payment.

9E7DEA4E-31BE-4F30-9E90-86D90714012B.thumb.jpeg.8ea83dbea46672d80f223df7f476901f.jpeg

6B6E62A8-639C-4862-9341-5775D83B2B3A.thumb.jpeg.d3e4757214a3e3194db5ab50e4a367d7.jpeg

Once they get all those pesky zero dollar items credited, I hope they move on to the real money items.  Also, it is a good thing they cancelled, because they never let us know it was evidently changed from Bayonne to Miami.  Got to love their IT department.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We were also supposed to be on a canceled cruise leaving April 5th. Just curious - has anyone received refunds yet from when RC started canceling cruises? I’ve only seen people who canceled their own cruises posting about receiving refunds, but wasn’t sure if I just missed it.

15 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We got that for our May 10th Oasis Cruise.  Let’s see how long the real refunds take.

I was told 30 from the date of the e-mail.  Previously had called the pre-cruise planner dept. twice and was told each time 7-10 business days.  Going on almost 2 months and no refunds.😒

46 minutes ago, txnjcruise said:

We were also supposed to be on a canceled cruise leaving April 5th. Just curious - has anyone received refunds yet from when RC started canceling cruises? I’ve only seen people who canceled their own cruises posting about receiving refunds, but wasn’t sure if I just missed it.

Royal cancelled our Singapore Quantum cruise (dep 17 April) on 12 March.  Said refunds would be 25 March but likely sooner.  They emailed on 27 March and said there was a delay and they hoped to have the refunds started week of 13 April - so really hoping they come through this week.

Between the cancelled cruise, airline cancellation fees they have promised to cover, cruise planner purchases it is about 6K - 7K.

I also on 17 March cancelled most of my cruise planner purchases we had made for our upcoming TP cruise in September, totalling 3K  - I am yet to receive any of that back yet either.

I am trying to be patient but it's wearing a little thin now.  It's funny, if I book a cruise or planner purchases today they will take the $$ out of my c/card immediately but it takes them weeks to pay it back when a refund is requested!

• Like 1

Don't get *too* excited yet.

I have the same cruise planner cancellation email dated March 11th and I still have not been refunded. 

We cancelled March 10th (so no full refund option for us) and while I have received an email with our FCC value, I am still waiting on a refund of the taxes/fees and pre-paid gratuities even though it's now past 30 days. 

We were due to board the Anthem on March 15th and like you, we received the app notifications of shows and dining reservations through the week which we enjoyed from our living room. 

Do keep us posted on when you get your money back! 

2 minutes ago, JillK said:

Don't get *too* excited yet.

I have the same cruise planner cancellation email dated March 11th and I still have not been refunded. 

We cancelled March 10th (so no full refund option for us) and while I have received an email with our FCC value, I am still waiting on a refund of the taxes/fees and pre-paid gratuities even though it's now past 30 days. 

We were due to board the Anthem on March 15th and like you, we received the app notifications of shows and dining reservations through the week which we enjoyed from our living room. 

Do keep us posted on when you get your money back! 

I think you might have missed the jest of this thread. 

In my opinion 

1 hour ago, txnjcruise said:

We received our FCC on Friday for our March 28th cruise.  Have not received anything, even official cancellation, for our May 10th cruise.

Sherri🙂