Now for something completely different

On 2/9/2021 at 6:53 PM, lyndarra said:

Making more bookings.

Myall Shores, Myall Lake 26/27/28 Feb Windsurfing & Slalom & GPS event. Not competing - not good enough.

Bingara 20/21/22 May Yamaha FJ Owners rally

I had a relaxing weekend at NRMA Myall Shores last weekend. No sailing competition on the Saturday due to lack of wind, and it rained all day. I decided to book an extra night, Sunday, and I'm glad i did as the wind came up on Sunday arvo and those of us  still there had a good sailing/foiling session.

I decided to book again for 3/4/5 December when one of the competition rounds returns but this time I'll be in a Lakefront Villa instead of a caravan. Luxury.

https://www.nrmaparksandresorts.com.au/myall-shores/book-now?sticky_category=20

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

I had a relaxing weekend at NRMA Myall Shores last weekend. No sailing competition on the Saturday due to lack of wind, and it rained all day. I decided to book an extra night, Sunday, and I'm glad i did as the wind came up on Sunday arvo and those of us  still there had a good sailing/foiling session.

I decided to book again for 3/4/5 December when one of the competition rounds returns but this time I'll be in a Lakefront Villa instead of a caravan. Luxury.

https://www.nrmaparksandresorts.com.au/myall-shores/book-now?sticky_category=20

I was at Eden on Monday, 5 metre seas.

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

I wondered what caused such high seas at Eden. 

The usual, a big SW change whips up the seas down there. Open to ye olde Southern Ocean and those Antarctic Gales.

download.jpg.1452f1410bada7ea09bf5a716d48868a.jpg

44 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Quake Mania over there. Where are you in the Shaky Isles? Did you feel the quakes? Stay safe.

All excitement over now.  Just wave surges.  I'm in Tauranga in the Bay of Plenty.  Not in the evacuation zone.  Just have to stay off the beach.  I very rarely feel earthquakes.  I must be particularly insensitive.  They have to be very strong to interrupt my sleep.  So, no, I didn't feel anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, onlyslightlymad said:

All excitement over now.  Just wave surges.  I'm in Tauranga in the Bay of Plenty.  Not in the evacuation zone.  Just have to stay off the beach.  I very rarely feel earthquakes.  I must be particularly insensitive.  They have to be very strong to interrupt my sleep.  So, no, I didn't feel anything.

Many thanks for the update, good to hear all well. 

Good to hear that there was not too much damage from the earthquakes. When it came through on TV as "breaking news" with a tsunami warning I was definitely concerned. I'm so glad that this turned out to be a big number with little damage.

So when we planned the trip that didn't happen we were flying into Sydney, now we are arriving by sea. We are looking for some recommendations for accommodations in Sydney. Unfortunately I don't know where the ship is coming in. The internet says the "overseas passenger terminal". We had been booked at the Park Regis City Center, I wonder if that would be okay if coming in by sea.

The OPT is at circular quay very handy to many hotels but also the train if you wish to stay elsewhere in the city that is less expensive. Is it for a few nights?

If so an apartment can work out just as cost effective and you get a washer and dryer as well as kitchen, lounge area for better facilities.can make your own breaky which I find so much better knowing you don' t have to leave to eat

We were on a cruise from SYD-AKL January 2019 and stayed at the Fullerton pre-cruise which was all newly renovated and well located.  From there we could walk to the Bridge and Opera House and restaurants, shops etc.  I would happily stay there again. 

21 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Meriton apartments in the cbd are good.

Meriton have five apartment hotels in the Sydney CBD. We have stayed at the Campbell St one, convenient to George St for the light rail and not far from Central Station.

Leigh

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, possum52 said:

Meriton have five apartment hotels in the Sydney CBD. We have stayed at the Campbell St one, convenient to George St for the light rail and not far from Central Station.

Leigh, they  are good, stayed in martin place one, pitt st and campbell st. So relaxing and self catering.. around $200 a night per studio, ideal for two.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

We looked for Meriton and there shows no vacancy, I suspect they are on hold for now. We will continue to look, perhaps something will be released. I'm not sure how there are no rooms at the Inn when no one is sure if there will be any travelers then.