Now for something completely different

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

The Chocolate Soldiers done good. Too strong in first half. Our Mr Walker will be happy. A good game of rugby league to watch.

No doubt about it Penrith Panthers are a star side.

🏉

Penrith won all 4 mens divisions, they are certainly doing something right at the academy.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Cheers, Itook her out for lunch and drinks, then a spa session followed by an evening of fine food, drinks and a movie.

Well done Mic, what a gentleman and a scholar you are !! Not many of us left in the world.😁

4 hours ago, Mareblu said:

Love Robbie Williams, and love Michael Buble’s crooning even more.  Both naturals🥰

When their days of stardom are gone, you may see them on the cruiseships in 30 years, lol.

• Haha 1

Well crikey, it looks like I have covid. So much for plans for Lynn's special birthday 😟. I will test again in the morning but I have too many symptoms. I'll definitely be off tomorrow and probably the next day. So much for my booster shot on Tuesday and dental appointment on Wednesday. Oh well I'm fortunate that there are sick days available now, I will probably have to use 2 of the five days I get per year and take the financial hit for the other days.

On 10/2/2022 at 7:14 AM, Mareblu said:

I’ll ask tomorrow morning at breakfast.  We loved our Baltic cruise, Marion, and it was our second. The history is fascinating, and the communities so diverse.  Have you found any possibilities?

We loved the Baltic in 2019. 

We hope to repeat in 2024.

that's as long as Putin pulls his head in

On 10/2/2022 at 11:10 AM, OzKiwiJJ said:

Good to hear you've recovered quickly. 

There haven't been any signs of Covid currently on Coral Princess that I've seen or heard of. Not much coughing, and most people are still wearing masks. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Long may that continue.

11 hours ago, NSWP said:

The Chocolate Soldiers done good. Too strong in first half. Our Mr Walker will be happy. A good game of rugby league to watch.

No doubt about it Penrith Panthers are a star side.

🏉

Yes Les, I’m very happy. The boys & I enjoyed our day/night at game & came home and enjoyed a quiet celebratory drink. Quiet day today including lunch with friends, including my mate who is a Parra supporter 😁

Penrith Panthers B2B!!!

4 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Well crikey, it looks like I have covid. So much for plans for Lynn's special birthday 😟. I will test again in the morning but I have too many symptoms. I'll definitely be off tomorrow and probably the next day. So much for my booster shot on Tuesday and dental appointment on Wednesday. Oh well I'm fortunate that there are sick days available now, I will probably have to use 2 of the five days I get per year and take the financial hit for the other days.

Oh no, get better quick Lyle

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Yes Les, I’m very happy. The boys & I enjoyed our day/night at game & came home and enjoyed a quiet celebratory drink. Quiet day today including lunch with friends, including my mate who is a Parra supporter 😁

Penrith Panthers B2B!!!

Great result Neil, zillions of…th.jpg.9ae487dd30d9cdd8d10da80783e8f596.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I hate to burst your buble, but I doubt they will ever become cruise ship entertainers

They might when they get the flick from the RSL and Leagues Clubs, lol. The ships are the last resort, lol., $1000 a gig on the Princess Theatre stage, lol.

16 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

He's a good Canadian lad.

He’s so very talented, and his concert we attended a few years back was brilliant.  He has it all:  the moves, the quips, the optimal audience interaction, very pleasant on the eyes, lol, and most of all, that golden, silky, smooth voice.  

11 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

It feels like a nasty cold. It does hurt to cough and breathing isn't great. I'm going to sleep in my recliner tonight with my CPap on.

So sorry to hear you’ve also caught the dreaded bug.  I’m feeling really well only  a few days after diagnosis, but I suspect I had it for a few days before that.  Yes, cough was worst symptom;  it’s still lingering, but abating.  Good luck, Lyle.  Get good medical advice and treatment.  We’ll be thinking of you.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, NSWP said:

When their days of stardom are gone, you may see them on the cruiseships in 30 years, lol.

They used to perform at the RSL at The Tweed.  It used to surprise me that some performers never lost their ability to sing and entertain, whilst others were a sad shadow of their former selves.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ekka49 said:

We loved the Baltic in 2019. 

We hope to repeat in 2024.

that's as long as Putin pulls his head in

I loved my cruise in the Baltics and to St Petersburg.  I feel sad for the Baltic countries which are now under high stress due to war in Ukraine.  People in Baltic States told me they were always alert when I was there.