Jump to content

Now for something completely different


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

FB_IMG_1701045493475.jpg

Since my retirement, Rob and I have managed to still stay relatively sane when we are both home. We still do our own things and sometimes do things together but the next possibly few months are going to test me. Rob had two toes removed two weeks ago due to a severe infection in his right foot which started from a soft corn between the two amputated toes - the two littlest on the right foot. He has a negative pressure machine attached to his foot where the toes were to promote healing and take away any nasties still there. The nurse who came on Friday, when asked how long he will have it attached said anywhere up to three months. Fortunately it is mobile and he can move around with it with the help of a walking frame. But he has to be helped in the shower, hopefully we have now have than down pat after a few adjustments to the routine. He is still learning to walk with the frame and really can't help me with anything. So I am doing all the things Rob would usually do (under strict supervision 🤣) plus everything I normally do plus being the maid. Of course, he has had a few visitors since coming home from hospital last Thursday which means making tea and coffee for them. Oh well, I guess I'll survive but whether Rob does .......

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Since my retirement, Rob and I have managed to still stay relatively sane when we are both home. We still do our own things and sometimes do things together but the next possibly few months are going to test me. Rob had two toes removed two weeks ago due to a severe infection in his right foot which started from a soft corn between the two amputated toes - the two littlest on the right foot. He has a negative pressure machine attached to his foot where the toes were to promote healing and take away any nasties still there. The nurse who came on Friday, when asked how long he will have it attached said anywhere up to three months. Fortunately it is mobile and he can move around with it with the help of a walking frame. But he has to be helped in the shower, hopefully we have now have than down pat after a few adjustments to the routine. He is still learning to walk with the frame and really can't help me with anything. So I am doing all the things Rob would usually do (under strict supervision 🤣) plus everything I normally do plus being the maid. Of course, he has had a few visitors since coming home from hospital last Thursday which means making tea and coffee for them. Oh well, I guess I'll survive but whether Rob does .......

Gosh, Lea, that's quite a lifestyle change, at least in the short term.  Mario and I send our warmest healing wishes to Rob, and extra strength to you.  It's incredible how what at the time seems a slight discomfort can morph into a condition requiring drastic remedial measures.  You will both need to make time for yourselves and for adequate rest periods during these very busy days ahead.  You will be in our thoughts and prayers.  Tell Rob I will be speaking to our mutual ancestors to make sure they are watching over him.

 

xx Linda and Mario

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mareblu said:

Gosh, Leigh, that's quite a lifestyle change, at least in the short term.  Mario and I send our warmest healing wishes to Rob, and extra strength to you.  It's incredible how what at the time seems a slight discomfort can morph into a condition requiring drastic remedial measures.  You will both need to make time for yourselves and for adequate rest periods during these very busy days ahead.  You will be in our thoughts and prayers.  Tell Rob I will be speaking to our mutual ancestors to make sure they are watching over him.

 

xx Linda and Mario

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Since my retirement, Rob and I have managed to still stay relatively sane when we are both home. We still do our own things and sometimes do things together but the next possibly few months are going to test me. Rob had two toes removed two weeks ago due to a severe infection in his right foot which started from a soft corn between the two amputated toes - the two littlest on the right foot. He has a negative pressure machine attached to his foot where the toes were to promote healing and take away any nasties still there. The nurse who came on Friday, when asked how long he will have it attached said anywhere up to three months. Fortunately it is mobile and he can move around with it with the help of a walking frame. But he has to be helped in the shower, hopefully we have now have than down pat after a few adjustments to the routine. He is still learning to walk with the frame and really can't help me with anything. So I am doing all the things Rob would usually do (under strict supervision 🤣) plus everything I normally do plus being the maid. Of course, he has had a few visitors since coming home from hospital last Thursday which means making tea and coffee for them. Oh well, I guess I'll survive but whether Rob does .......

Sending good thoughts and prayers from around the world to you and your husband Rob.  Hope his healing is speedy.  Take care of you, too. Best Wishes Brandee (aka Chris)

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/12/2023 at 3:03 PM, arxcards said:

And to add, Johnny's daughter VO'K still has the odd gig from time to time. She was quite a talent too, but there was a big shadow.

After not giving Vicky much thought between the late 80's and this conversation .... Vicky O'Keefe boarded Majestic Princess today as an entertainer. I don't know how long that will be for, but I am guessing there will be a disembark pre-Christmas.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Massive volumes  of rain and big winds down here on Far South Coast. 280 mm of rain in Batemans bay in past 24 hrs, horrendous, big seas too.

 

A normal half hour drive to Moruya to see Oncologist takes half hr. Today an hour, dodging trees down, flooding, new pot holes etc. no doubt some of you out there are copping it too.

 

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Massive volumes  of rain and big winds down here on Far South Coast. 280 mm of rain in Batemans bay in past 24 hrs, horrendous, big seas too.

 

A normal half hour drive to Moruya to see Oncologist takes half hr. Today an hour, dodging trees down, flooding, new pot holes etc. no doubt some of you out there are copping it too.

 

Stay safe, we have had close to 100mm apparently.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Massive volumes  of rain and big winds down here on Far South Coast. 280 mm of rain in Batemans bay in past 24 hrs, horrendous, big seas too.

 

A normal half hour drive to Moruya to see Oncologist takes half hr. Today an hour, dodging trees down, flooding, new pot holes etc. no doubt some of you out there are copping it too.

 

Been keeping watch on your situation, Les.  Heavy rain past two days here, too, but nothing like the coast.  If you’re still up for Raymonds, we’ll be there, unless the road down the mountain is closed or iffy.  If I don’t ring you, we’ll be there.  Table is booked under my name😊

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

Been keeping watch on your situation, Les.  Heavy rain past two days here, too, but nothing like the coast.  If you’re still up for Raymonds, we’ll be there, unless the road down the mountain is closed or iffy.  If I don’t ring you, we’ll be there.  Table is booked under my name😊

Okey doke Linda, but if too dangerous with road conditions, there is always another day. Time for a cab merlot.🍷

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

And a nice lunch too, thank you Linda and Mario.

We always love Raymonds;  even better with you as a lunch companion, Les.  Wonderful company, great conversation, and delicious fare.  Thanks, Les.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

We always love Raymonds;  even better with you as a lunch companion, Les.  Wonderful company, great conversation, and delicious fare.  Thanks, Les.

Time for your cab merlot.  I’m enjoying that single malt we discussed😂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Welcome to Cruise Critic
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...