***FCC and OBC -- Questions and Issues re onboard and future cruise credit***

kgb46

On past cruises, some OBC was refundable and some was use-or-lose.  I never worried about which, because it wasn't all that much.

Now because of cancelled cruise and rebooking we have $1200 OBC (two rooms) for a New Year's cruise.  We don't gamble and couldn't possibly drink that much.

Any idea how much is refundable?  If the women want to use some for spa day, can that be booked ahead, or is OBC only for after we are on board?

Other ideas (jewelry?)

It will be noted on your travel summary of what onboard credit is refundable versus non-refundable. Alternatively, contacting the cruise line you reserved through is another resource available to help see the differences and restrictions regarding your onboard credit and would have the best answer.

Edited by xDisconnections

I'm trying to understand, and want your thoughts.

Say I take the FCC and $600......

Paid $2500 for my cruise.  FCC, will be $2500 since Carnival canceled (not me).  However,  the "replacement" cruise I want is only $1400.  What happens to the other $1100?  

Just trying to find out some answers before we decide on future sailing dates.  We booked two porthole cabins (one with both parents, other with two teenagers).  When we rebook, do we have to again book two cabins to receive and use all FCC and $600 OBC ($1200) credit?  We may sometimes still book one cabin for all four of us.  It just depends on the ship and setup of cabins.  If we book only one cabin, would we lose any FCC or OBC?  Thanks for any insight! 

2 hours ago, ShrinkinTexas said:

I'm trying to understand, and want your thoughts.

Say I take the FCC and $600......

Paid $2500 for my cruise.  FCC, will be $2500 since Carnival canceled (not me).  However,  the "replacement" cruise I want is only $1400.  What happens to the other $1100?  

Unless it has changed you can get up to an extra $500 in OBC when booking a cheaper replacement cruise so you would be out the other $600. You could cancel for a full refund and book the new cruise separately but then you would not get the $600 OBC for rebooking. Sounds like a lose, lose situation. 

You may be able to get the extra $600 or $1100 without the extra OBCin a refund if you push for it with Carnival, it would be worth a try. Another option is to upgrade your cabin to use up the $600 if it is something you would enjoy. Good luck whatever you decide! 

Edited by LaRue1975

Sorry if this has already been discused. Can you use the FFC on two different cruises? I have two cruises booked for December 2020 and May 2021. The FCC will be $4000. The December cruise is $2425. Will I be able to put the additional $1500 towards the May cruise?

7 hours ago, parachutes63 said:

Sorry if this has already been discused. Can you use the FFC on two different cruises? I have two cruises booked for December 2020 and May 2021. The FCC will be $4000. The December cruise is $2425. Will I be able to put the additional $1500 towards the May cruise?

yes

Does anyone know how long it is taking to process receiving your FCC with carnival for the cancelled sailings? We were just cancelled this week for our June 6th sailing and I want to rebook since there are not many cabins left on a sailing in the category I want. 

It depends on the manager. In some cases it can take a few minutes/hours. Sometimes you will have to wait longer.. days/weeks maybe. It depends on your request, time of it being applied and on the overall load of tasks at the office of the manager who will be taking care of your stuf. In the current situation I am not surprised it takes so long for such procedures 

13 minutes ago, Thecat3902 said:

Does anyone know how long it is taking to process receiving your FCC with carnival for the cancelled sailings? We were just cancelled this week for our June 6th sailing and I want to rebook since there are not many cabins left on a sailing in the category I want. 

You can call and rebook now, just have your booking number for the cancelled cruise. They can process your cancellation and rebook you at the same time.

Oh, before you call go online and book the cruise you want to move to, put it on hold so you don’t have to pay a deposit, they will hold it for 48 hours. Go all the way to payment and there should an option to put it on hold, if not when you back out the option should pop up. That way you can grab the cabin you want and Carnival will take care of the rest when you call, good luck! 

3 minutes ago, LaRue1975 said:

You can call and rebook now, just have your booking number for the cancelled cruise. They can process your cancellation and rebook you at the same time.

Oh, before you call go online and book the cruise you want to move to, put it on hold so you don’t have to pay a deposit, they will hold it for 48 hours. Go all the way to payment and there should an option to put it on hold, if not when you back out the option should pop up. That way you can grab the cabin you want and Carnival will take care of the rest when you call, good luck! 

Exactly what I did. Placed a hold and then called and had it done right over the phone. 

10 minutes ago, LaRue1975 said:

We did this as well. Had a May 2 cruise canceled, rebooked another for July 27. PVP moved what we paid for May 2 cruise over to July 27 cruise....it took an extra day or 2 for the non FCC $$$ to move over, but it did and the July 27 cruise was booked, even had an upgraded cabin. Of course that July 27 cruise has now been canceled so we'll be doing it all again. But was pretty painless outside of the couple of days it took to complete the entire transfer to have our PVP move everything over.

I placed a hold on the cruise that I wanted to rebook to about a day before my cancellation was announced.  I called about 10 minutes after the announcement, got right through, and they transferred by FCC to the cruise on hold right then.  

Call went right through, and have a great CSR on the phone, but, seems like they’re having some tech issues - system overwhelmed. 

To anybody else calling, be kind, be nice, be patient. They’re stuck in all of this with us. 

• Like 2

Same here. Put the cruise I wanted on HOLD. Found a great PVP on Google and hooked up through email. Made an appointment and she called me and took care of everything. She works from home and is easy to get in touch with. Took about a week for all FCC and OBC to show up. 

I filled out the form from Carnival and chose the FCC and OBC. I made a booking for March. 

I'm not sure what the coupons/credits are or the payments received. The OBC is labeled. I paid a $150 deposit. That leaves $600 I'm not sure about, is that FCC? 

How do we know the exact amount of FCC?

CRUISE CHARGES

Cruise Rate

$938.00

Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses

$191.28

Total Cruise Charges

$1,129.28

TOTAL CHARGES

$1,129.28

PAYMENTS AND CREDITS

Credits/Coupons