CRUISE DATE-CANCELLATION DATE-REFUND DATE???

trrn2016

8 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Yes, this was something new that appeared in the TA notes. Problem is, as far as I know, Princess has not communicated this to anyone - certainly not those of us in the first round of cancellations. I still have the original terms and conditions saying that all of the refundable amounts would be returned to original form of payment if you chose option 1. Not a big deal for me, personally, but lots of folks might be waiting on that money not knowing that it is being held!

I think if you push for it - they will refund it but it is not automatic.

18 minutes ago, ccqueenanne said:

Yes, my husband and I each got the same amount in our accounts. We'll likely book the same cruise for 2021 (spring break) - but not until the refund shows up. But I'm glad to see at least some progress.

We did it last year and it was a fun sailing.  I think you will like it.  

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

We were booked on this same cruise and also selected option 2. Yesterday, we received our FCC ... half under my account and the other half under my DH's account.  Did you check if the FCC's (the other half) showed up under you cabin mate's account?  

PS ... we also have not yet received our refund. 

Thanks for the post.  Good information regarding the split money --- when it's our turn for a refund, I will have to make sure to also check DHs account. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coral said:

There has been some talk about this and there was a chart with green that I think Celiad posted. It makes it sound like air, taxes and fees would be in a holding account and could be applied for another cruise. This is for those who chose Option 1.

Is this the chart you mean? My PVP referred to it and stated that she hoped I saved my gift cards. I told her 'no' I need it back to my Visa. This are the Options for the initial 60 day pause:Screenshot_20200402-152822_Chrome.thumb.jpg.fc11b37afda0def38b1c8f25c9ffe951.jpg

I had 1 of each ..... now they've found another 50 sitting on the Option 2 cruise cashed out immediately on March 12th. I deleted that 50 bonus gift card

2 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Is this the chart you mean? My PVP referred to it and stated that she hoped I saved my gift cards. I told her 'no' I need it back to my Visa. This are the Options for the initial 60 day pause:

I had 1 of each ..... now they've found another 50 sitting on the Option 2 cruise cashed out immediately on March 12th. I deleted that 50 bonus gift card

No. Hopefully Celiahd can repost.

We have a July 4, 2020 cruise booked on Ruby Princess out of Seattle. But since Princess hasn't  cancelled, we are afraid to chance our lives. This especially being 70 & many Carona viruses on that ship in Australia. If we cancel now & take a FCC(If allowed for our deposit), I see that the same cruise for 2021 is about $1,000 more. DOES THAT MAKE SENCE? For that same itinerary as this year which we wanted to include Glacier Bay & Skagway, would be on Emerald Princess for 2021. We had originally booked in early January 2020. Called the online travel agent I originally booked with who now says they will check with Princess given our ages & their new health restrictions. Also is Glacier Bay all it's cracked up to be as not many ships go there. But must see Glaciers if taking Alaska  cruise + want the Skagway train excursion. Some say Glacier  Bay is best versus Endicott Arm or others.   
Wait...Travel agent checked with Princess & called me back today. Princess told agent rep that over 70 we would need a doctor  note ok to board our Ruby Princess in Seattle. Otherwise we would need to cancel. But, travel agency insists they(agency, not Princess) would still charge us their $100 cancellation fee even if we accept a FCC. It's NUTS.  But, it's in their fine print. Of course, if Princess cancels, then no $100 fee & maybe bonus for accepting FCC. They will let me wait a week  on decision. Otherwise my final payment is due.
ANY ADVICE is appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Willwils said:

Also is Glacier Bay all it's cracked up to be as not many ships go there. 

Glacier Bay is amazing. Not many ships go there because they only allow 2 ships per day there. 

I don't know what to advise. I don't think your cruise will be going. I don't think Alaska will be open that soon in July. There are so many individuals who are just uncertain what their future brings. I wish the cruise line would make a decision. You may want to create a new post on a seperate thread to get more opinions.

BTW - you live in an amazing area. I spent about 1 year in Quakertown and loved driving around Bucks County and neighboring counties. PA is so beautiful and you are close to so many cool things (beach, mountains, NYC, DC, etc...)

4 hours ago, Coral said:

ceilidh1- Good job!

I see that you posted it as 2 different graphics. I tried to get one image of it and on my small laptop and I couldn't easily. You did a good job of posted the so it looks like one.

What I did was copy top image first and paste into a WORD document.  Then I copied the second image and pasted directly below the first one.  Then I just had to make the second one a bit smaller in WORD to align better with the top half.  Now I have a one-pager document with all the details.  

See attachment.  Tagging @ceilidh1.

Princess Cancellation & Refund Polices - 2020.docx

• Like 2

-I had a May 6th cruise which I canceled with Option 1 right when it came out.  

-I called a couple of weeks ago and asked to be changed to Option 2.  She said they would make note of change, so maybe?

-My credits for Option 1.   100% plus 50% FFC showed up 3 days ago online.

-Got a call from a Princess Vacation Planner 2 days ago.  She was checking to see if I still wanted to change to Option 2.  I said yes.  She did explain the chart posted above to me.  Princess is not refunding money for Option 1.  Putting it in a holding account against your deposit, taxes, port fees ect.  

-She said 60 days to refund.  She would call me back in 45 to update me.  

10 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

What I did was copy top image first and paste into a WORD document.  Then I copied the second image and pasted directly below the first one.  Then I just had to make the second one a bit smaller in WORD to align better with the top half.  Now I have a one-pager document with all the details.  

See attachment.  Tagging @ceilidh1.

Princess Cancellation & Refund Polices - 2020.docx 61.58 kB · 5 downloads

This works also!

Odd situation w/ this travel agency $100 cancellation fee. Their website now shows new bookings don't have the cancellation fee. But I think they are discounting less, but still huge onbourd credit offer. Btw, we love Bucks County living in a 55+ community. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 4/16/2020 at 7:50 AM, Ombud said:

Both Grand Princess cruises cancelled by Princess

Cruise Date: March 22, 2020

Cancelation Date: March 4th 

Refund Date: March 12th:  100% $$ + 50% FCC. Other 50% FCC pndg

Cruise Date: March 29, 2020

Cancelation Date: March 12th 

Refund date: April 20th FCC

This is from March 22nd cruise. It's supposed to be FCC for taxes / fees / port expenses. I'm confused

20200504_095343.jpg

20200504_105953.thumb.jpg.b426da9d40792a23a87f38c995929ee6.jpg

Edited by Ombud

22 minutes ago, Ombud said:

This is from March 22nd cruise. It's supposed to be FCC for taxes / fees / port expenses. I'm confused

20200504_095343.jpg

20200504_105953.thumb.jpg.b426da9d40792a23a87f38c995929ee6.jpg

I'm a bit confused by your post.  You mentioned for your March 22nd cruise that was canceled, you received 100% of your cash refund on March 12th.  FCC is always for cruise fare only.  Your taxes and port fees and any other additional reservations you made should come back via cash, either through a check (through Bottomline Technologies or directly from Princess) or returned to your original form of payment.  

I've read that lately, Princess may be holding these funds in an account for you ... not cool!!  They are supposed to be refunded as described above.  

Are you thinking you wanted additional FCCs for this amount?  

Also, you  mention in the quote that you only received 50% of your FCCs.  Were you booked with someone else in the same cabin?  If so, the other half should be under their account.  Or, maybe you were thinking the 50% of missing FCC was for the taxes and fees.  Either way, glad you got actually money.  Most of us are not seeing that.  The only reason it looks as though you've gotten that is because your cancellation hit before the 3/12 announcement.  

Princess cancelled 3 on me. Not our year. And Sky Transatlantic September 4, 2020 may well be the 4th. Which is why I don't want any more FCC but I was missing 537 FCC (3/22 cruise was 1074pp). I already received 100% credit card refund, 537 FCC instead of 1074 FCC, but now more $$. Letter clearly states it's for 3/22. That's why I'm confused ..... I was owed 537 FCC but got a check. I consider my claim done. 

Only missing $434 taxes / fees / port expenses / insurance for 3/29 cruise that was stuck in the mass cancelations (only 1 where I chose Option 1)

50 minutes ago, dog said:

Ombud, what is your question?  I have gotten those envelopes with refund checks for expired FCDeposits. 

Princess cancelled 3 on me. Not our year. And Sky Transatlantic September 4, 2020 may well be the 4th. Which is why I don't want any more FCC but I was missing 537 FCC (3/22 cruise was 1074pp). I already received 100% credit card refund, 537 FCC instead of 1074 FCC, but now more $$. Letter clearly states it's for 3/22. That's why I'm confused ..... I was owed 537 FCC but got a check. I consider my claim done. 

Only missing $434 taxes / fees / port expenses / insurance for 3/29 cruise that was stuck in the mass cancelations (only 1 where I chose Option 1

I don't know why I got more money for March 22nd. I was paid off except additional FCC for a cruise Princess cancelled.  

Edited by Ombud

5 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Princess cancelled 3 on me. Not our year. And Sky Transatlantic September 4, 2020 may well be the 4th. Which is why I don't want any more FCC but I was missing 537 FCC (3/22 cruise was 1074pp). I already received 100% credit card refund, 537 FCC instead of 1074 FCC, but now more $$. Letter clearly states it's for 3/22. That's why I'm confused ..... I was owed 537 FCC but got a check. I consider my claim done. 

Only missing $434 taxes / fees / port expenses / insurance for 3/29 cruise that was stuck in the mass cancelations (only 1 where I chose Option 1)

I used paypal to pre-pay for shorex and Princess told me that the refund was declined by paypal and I would be getting a cheque. Could it be something like that?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I used paypal to pre-pay for shorex and Princess told me that the refund was declined by paypal and I would be getting a cheque. Could it be something like that?

👍

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I see ....

So, did you check the account of the other passenger in your room for the missing 537 FCCs if you weren't traveling solo?  I was owed $800 in FCCs ... half went into mine and the other half went to my DHs account ($400 each).  The FCCs are per person and they must be used that way as well .. only for the passenger that was on the booking that was canceled.  

So, it looks as though you are all further along than most ... you actually received money back.  And ... I think your FCCs are there, they are just hiding out in a different spot.  Again, that is if you didn't book solo.