CRUISE DATE-CANCELLATION DATE-REFUND DATE???

trrn2016

1 minute ago, Poulsbo Cruisers said:

Did you request a refund? Our May 23 cruise was just canceled yesterday. We have until May 31 to request a refund. Otherwise, it turns into a FCC. 

Trying to gather information regarding length of time between cancellation and possible refunds. Requested refund on 3/5/20 with no refund yet.

Cruise date: May 9 (Sky Princess)

Cancel date:  March 10th (2 days before "pause announced")

Refund date:  Partial refund appeared on my credit card statement on March 14th with a date of March 10th (refund represents about 78% of total paid for cruise fare, port fees, EZAir, PVP - no explanation of how refund was calculated or what will be set up as FCC OR if we need to contact AON about having any of this amount reimbursed; neither TA nor I can get a response from Princess)

Cruise date:  3/28/2020

cancel date: 2/25/2020

refund to credit card: 2/27/2020 (50%)

I was in the 50% penalty period.

a couple of weeks after I canceled, Princess announced their temporary cancellation policy which included my cruise date. I emailed customer relations and asked if the temporary cancellation policy applied to me.  Customer relations called me and said that it would and they would be doing a sweep of those cruises in that period. I forget what that period is but I know she said it would apply to me.  So, I would be getting FCC for my penalty amount. She said it would take a few weeks. If I didn’t see it in my account in a few weeks, to call her.  She gave me her name and direct extension.  

No FCC yet, so I left her a message yesterday.  Waiting for return call.

My mom had Princess insurance (platinum coverage).  Same cruise but she canceled 2 days before me.  Her Princess insurance claim was denied since they said Princess would be refunding. She received partial refund but is waiting for the difference that the insurance company won’t cover since they said Princess will refund. 

Edited by mthomp5

13 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Cruise date March 14th 2020

Cancellation Date March 10th 2020

No refund date yet

Same for us.  Sky Princess cruise March 14th 2020 cancelled on March 10th.  We chose FCC option and have not received anything.  I’m  beginning to regret not asking for our money back instead.

15 minutes ago, pcsunlover said:

I’m  beginning to regret not asking for our money back instead.

Almost no-one has gotten money back either.  Only one report of a refund from someone who cancelled in the mid-March timeframe, when so many of us did.

I will be filing a dispute after 60 days.

• Like 1

Cruise date: June 2, 2020

Cancellation date:  March 7, 2020

Refund date:  March 9, 2020 received refund for specialty dinning that I paid for, and for about 89.5% of total paid for cruise.

Thinking that the rest of the refund may be coming from a different source, waited until March 13, 2020 to call Princess since not received.  After spending 45 minutes on phone with CSR, and her calling 4 different offices to see what went wrong, was told that someone made the mistake of thinking my refund was not refundable but had caught the error and returned a portion of the remainder on March 11, 2020.  Since the entire remainder was not being refunded the Finance Department was cancelling the March 11, 2020 refund and refunding the entire remaining.  CSR said this would take about 7 - 10 days to appear on my credit card.  Called CSR April 15, 2020 to see if something had gone wrong and was told that everything was still in the works and I got caught in the 30 - 60 day refund mess. I was told that refunds are being paid out based on the date of the initial action (either cruise; princess cancellation; or passenger cancellation) and should receive my refund sometime before May 7, 2020.

• Haha 1

Both Grand Princess cruises cancelled by Princess

Cruise Date: March 22, 2020

Cancelation Date: March 4th 

Refund Date: March 12th:  100% $$ + 50% FCC. Other 50% FCC pndg

Cruise Date: March 29, 2020

Cancelation Date: March 12th 

Refund date: (request form receipt dated March 12, 2020) not yet

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 2

I believe they are overwhelmed with refund requests.  Of course, many people are opting for the FCC, which if you can afford to do that, is the best option.  I was told they were starting with the earliest cruises first.  However, it would be a minimum of 60 days before refunds would be issued.  I have a friend that was supposed to be on a Norwegian cruise in early May, and they were told 90 days for a refund.  

• Like 1

Cruise date 5/4/20

EZAIR cancelled 2/27/20, was ticketed, paid $770 penalty.  Still waiting for refund of 3400+, turned it over to CC company.

Rebooked cruise for May 2021 on 3/3/2020, paid 200 change fee.  Bought insurance.

Made request for FCC.  Have not seen anything yet.

Probably will end up cancelling the May 2021 cruise but will wait until everything calms down...if it ever will.

Cruise---May 16th---Alaska

Princess cancelled us on Tuesday 14th.

Filled out the form for refund --told it would be 60 days.

Not so lucky with our Cunard on March 17th--we cancelled 5 days prior, then THEY cancelled 2 days prior. We get the FCC but not a refund.  So unfair as they must have known they would be cancelling...

On 4/16/2020 at 7:50 AM, Ombud said:

Both Grand Princess cruises cancelled by Princess

Cruise Date: March 22, 2020

Cancelation Date: March 4th 

Refund Date: March 12th:  100% $$ + 50% FCC. Other 50% FCC pndg

Refund date: (request form receipt dated March 12, 2020) not yet

Update:

Refund date: April 20th in FCC bc I paid with gift cards + $244.32

Screenshot_20200420-143932_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6cea0293f82c8a858f1ad0d8bfc610d2.jpg

Rebooked 1 cruise & PVP added in 25 OBC

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1